Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: not that anyone is counting...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default not that anyone is counting...

am i right that we have the same number of wins against over .500 teams as Miami??

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually you're wrong. Toronto has two wins against above .500 teams. Miami only has one- Orlando.

That does not look good for Miami, does it?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Miami soap opera is starting to peak my interest. Haslem's now out with an injury. I would love to see an implosion on the same scale as a black hole. Goodness knows the mass of LBJ's ego could cause some sort of quantum singularity.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL. I'm quite happy to see Miami fall like this, especially after all the 70 win crap. Good to see them fall back onto earth, but I think that they will surely bounce back. I knew they wouldn't get 70 wins, but they are still a great team, give them time... They will just get better as the season progresses. The only thing is that they have 3 key players injured, and a less than decent bench... Is Dampier going to the Heat, especially with Haslem injured...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Miami will definately be good. It may not be this year, but it will definately come. Who really cares, I don't think we ever won against Boston with Bosh..

Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Miami will ever be good. There is no cap room with the three stooges so there will never be anyone to complement them. No real point guard or center. Then on top of that you have to put bench players down. The only way they could do it is with the draft but i don't see them ever being in the lottery. They are a good team but they will never be a great team.

Post Thanks / Like

The question really is can they overcome the 2 glaring deficiencies ...lack of a good point guard and tough mobile interior presence?

LJ has already gone on rcord saying that he doesnt want to play the point and Mr. Bosh is not the tough interior presence.... and the only way to acquire new (and good) talent for them is via trade of one of their "jewels".

Who do you think that is likely to be?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

The Heat "superteam" isn't that super. They have 3 great players, but no one else. But if they get desperate they can always trade Bosh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote albertan_10 wrote: View Post
    I don't think Miami will ever be good. There is no cap room with the three stooges so there will never be anyone to complement them. No real point guard or center. Then on top of that you have to put bench players down. The only way they could do it is with the draft but i don't see them ever being in the lottery. They are a good team but they will never be a great team.
    What? WHy do they need a lottery pick? There's a good chance they'll sign Dampier, who is still a good defensive presence, and if there is still a MLE after the new CBA, they can easily use it to spend on a good PG for next season. The already have Mike Miller, who is injured, and Udonis Haslem, who is now also injured. Miami is not nearly as bad as they appear now, and with another piece or two, they'll be a lot better. Besides, it's more chemistry they lack, not talent. I think you're vastly underestimating the talent Miami has.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A few years back, Lebron led the cavs to the finals BY HIMSELF. I think they'll be just fine once they get some chemistry.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    The Miami soap opera is starting to peak my interest. Haslem's now out with an injury. I would love to see an implosion on the same scale as a black hole. Goodness knows the mass of LBJ's ego could cause some sort of quantum singularity.
    There's talk that LeBron is moving to PF!!! Where does that leave Boshy Bosh!!! Unless, they want to get Evans from us and we get Joel Anthony from them. Hey, does that even work in the trade machine???
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote albertan_10 wrote: View Post
    That and the fact they have like no draft picks, they gave us back our pick and their first rounder and I believe they another 2 first rounders to Cavs.

Edit: They give up 2013 and 2017 first rounder and 2012 Hornets 2nd rounder and a future Thunder 2nd rounder. I guess they can get someone the year after next year...
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Mon Nov 22nd, 2010 at 11:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Grrr wrote: View Post
    am i right that we have the same number of wins against over .500 teams as Miami??
    Miami is going to pull it together though. You can't roll with three guys on that level and not find some success.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    There's talk that LeBron is moving to PF!!! Where does that leave Boshy Bosh!!! Unless, they want to get Evans from us and we get Joel Anthony from them. Hey, does that even work in the trade machine???
    That would probably mean Bosh would move to center. He's had a few good games lately.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    That and the fact they have like no draft picks, they gave us back our pick and their first rounder and I believe they another 2 first rounders to Cavs.

Edit: They give up 2013 and 2017 first rounder and 2012 Hornets 2nd rounder and a future Thunder 2nd rounder. I guess they can get someone the year after next year...
    What does a team like Miami need with low draft picks? They can easily pick up some good veterans, and did over the summer. Both Mike Miller and Eddie House signed with them. Next summer, they'll probably add a couple more. I think you're vastly underestimating how talented the team is.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    Miami will definately be good. It may not be this year, but it will definately come. Who really cares, I don't think we ever won against Boston with Bosh..
    Hopefully it is not this year. We have their draft pick! (I'm sure you know that). No doubt they will make the playoffs though. A 15-16 pick would be sweet but low-20's would be much more realistic.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    That would probably mean Bosh would move to center. He's had a few good games lately.
    Remember the games Bosh was forced to play C for the Raps? If he is their starting C they are in trouble against the really good bigs of the league.

LeBron could play PF but will he? Will he post up more than twice a game? He could and should. THat guy would be impossible to stop if he mixed it up in the post more - oh yeah, that would imply developing a post game too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Remember the games Bosh was forced to play C for the Raps? If he is their starting C they are in trouble against the really good bigs of the league.

LeBron could play PF but will he? Will he post up more than twice a game? He could and should. THat guy would be impossible to stop if he mixed it up in the post more - oh yeah, that would imply developing a post game too.
    When was the last time Bosh was forced to lay center for the Raptors? And if they play a player with a good big, they can simply use Ilgauskus on him more. I also think there's a good chance Dampier ends up eventually signing with Miami.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    What? WHy do they need a lottery pick? There's a good chance they'll sign Dampier, who is still a good defensive presence, and if there is still a MLE after the new CBA, they can easily use it to spend on a good PG for next season. The already have Mike Miller, who is injured, and Udonis Haslem, who is now also injured. Miami is not nearly as bad as they appear now, and with another piece or two, they'll be a lot better. Besides, it's more chemistry they lack, not talent. I think you're vastly underestimating the talent Miami has.
    Dampier already worked out for Miami during training camp, and he really wanted to join them. But apparently he got worked over by Jamaal Magloire in the workouts (or so rumour has it). So, if he can't beat out Magloire, then why would Miami want to sign him other then just for depth?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Dampier already worked out for Miami during training camp, and he really wanted to join them. But apparently he got worked over by Jamaal Magloire in the workouts (or so rumour has it). So, if he can't beat out Magloire, then why would Miami want to sign him other then just for depth?
    I heard that MIami wanted to sign him, but he didn't want to because he felt he wouldn't play a big role with the team. Hell, if Magloire works over anyone, at this stage of his career, they shouldn't make any team.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Thread Information