Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: not that anyone is counting...

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Dampier already worked out for Miami during training camp, and he really wanted to join them. But apparently he got worked over by Jamaal Magloire in the workouts (or so rumour has it). So, if he can't beat out Magloire, then why would Miami want to sign him other then just for depth?
    From ESPN:

Sources: Heat to sign Erick Dampier

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trueho...ory?id=5839820
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    From ESPN:

Sources: Heat to sign Erick Dampier

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trueho...ory?id=5839820
    This is great. Early signs of desperation and clear weakness starting to emerge with the Heat?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think this was desperation. They did what needed to be done. The Raptors were in the hunt for Dampier as well so is Colangelo in desperation mode?

Post Thanks / Like

When was the last time Bosh was forced to lay center for the Raptors? And if they play a player with a good big, they can simply use Ilgauskus on him more. I also think there's a good chance Dampier ends up eventually signing with Miami.
    2005-2007 he was often forced to guard opposing teams centres, I thought. I recall him talking about not wanting to play C and bang with the bigger players in the league. This was one of the reasons J.O. was brought in. I could be wrong here. I could go back and look but if I'm wrong here, I apologize.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    2005-2007 he was often forced to guard opposing teams centres, I thought. I recall him talking about not wanting to play C and bang with the bigger players in the league. This was one of the reasons J.O. was brought in. I could be wrong here. I could go back and look but if I'm wrong here, I apologize.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure it was pre-2006, before Nesterovic, Bargnani and O'Neal played center for the Raptors. It was a while ago, which was my point. I think Bosh weighed 145 lbs, back then. He's bulked up considerably since then.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was pre-2006, before Nesterovic, Bargnani and O'Neal played center for the Raptors. It was a while ago, which was my point. I think Bosh weighed 145 lbs, back then. He's bulked up considerably since then.
    He bulked up only for last year and of course that was only to get his deal. We have seen what has happened as the season went on last year and in to the summer - he has developed a weight-room phobia and an eating disorder.

Post Thanks / Like

He bulked up only for last year and of course that was only to get his deal. We have seen what has happened as the season went on last year and in to the summer - he has developed a weight-room phobia and an eating disorder.
    He gained a fair bit of weight even before last year. JUst the fact that he got older and his body matured probably gave him 20 more pounds. I think he was listed at something like 215 when he came out of Georgia Tech. Take a look at the two pictures below. The first is obvious at GT, the second one is from 2008, the season before he bulked up.

There was obviously quite a bit of muscle gain even before his big summer. I'd say at least 20 lbs.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

He gained a fair bit of weight even before last year. JUst the fact that he got older and his body matured probably gave him 20 more pounds. I think he was listed at something like 215 when he came out of Georgia Tech. Take a look at the two pictures below. The first is obvious at GT, the second one is from 2008, the season before he bulked up.

There was obviously quite a bit of muscle gain even before his big summer. I'd say at least 20 lbs.
    Of course there was. He was 18 at GT. The year before last season he would have been 24. To only put on 20lbs is weak, that is just natural maturation - not work. I know everyone is different but....

I'm 6'8". When I graduated high school at 18 I was 180lbs. I hit the weight room and protein and 195 by the start of university season, 210-215 year 2, year 3 225, year 4 230, and my final year 5 235. Once I stopped playing and just worked out with a bit of rec ball I reached 250 by 26 but that was too heavy and my knees suffered.

The guy really didn't put the work in until his contract year. I have a problem with that especially considering he has lost all that bulk and he is a PF. Luckily it is no longer the Raptors problem.

Bosh did play C for the Raps and complained about it. He talked about not wanting to play C for the HEAT. Looks like he is going to be back to where he started during some games with the HEAT now.

If I'm wrong so be it, all the above was my opinion.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah he looks pretty tough

Post Thanks / Like

I think you're underrating the pain tolerance required to sit in that position Multipaul.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think you're underrating the pain tolerance required to sit in that position Multipaul.
    LMAO, good one Apollo

I think the pain threshold his minimized due to lima bean sized gonads

Post Thanks / Like

Of course there was. He was 18 at GT. The year before last season he would have been 24. To only put on 20lbs is weak, that is just natural maturation - not work. I know everyone is different but....

I'm 6'8". When I graduated high school at 18 I was 180lbs. I hit the weight room and protein and 195 by the start of university season, 210-215 year 2, year 3 225, year 4 230, and my final year 5 235. Once I stopped playing and just worked out with a bit of rec ball I reached 250 by 26 but that was too heavy and my knees suffered.

The guy really didn't put the work in until his contract year. I have a problem with that especially considering he has lost all that bulk and he is a PF. Luckily it is no longer the Raptors problem.

Bosh did play C for the Raps and complained about it. He talked about not wanting to play C for the HEAT. Looks like he is going to be back to where he started during some games with the HEAT now.

If I'm wrong so be it, all the above was my opinion.
    I don't think you're giving him enough credit. I really have no idea how much he gained, but my point is that he obviously added quite a bit of muscle even before the summer of 2009. To say he never worked out would be a massive assumption. He looks like he worked out a lot, but he doesn't have the type of body that is easy to add bulk to. The summer of 2009 he focused on adding bulk, but by the end of the season, he had lost most of the muscle weight he had gained, which tells how difficult it is for him to add it.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you're giving him enough credit. I really have no idea how much he gained, but my point is that he obviously added quite a bit of muscle even before the summer of 2009. To say he never worked out would be a massive assumption. He looks like he worked out a lot, but he doesn't have the type of body that is easy to add bulk to. The summer of 2009 he focused on adding bulk, but by the end of the season, he had lost most of the muscle weight he had gained, which tells how difficult it is for him to add it.
    I would disagree so we'll have to agree to disagree there.

But what about this summer? He got paid, IMO.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post

Yeah he looks pretty tough
    Classic! That is a seriously funny pic. Is he dating Snooky or is she just similarly malformed?
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information