Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reggie Reggie!

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    Wow whats your interpertation of nicely... Me having low basketball IQ, me speakig out loud my formus are a waste of time ... or your last line which completly disagrees with my idea loll.

Well let me say this either you just started watching the Rapotrs this year or your just completly ignorant to the fact the Raptors have been near the bottom in Rebounding for the last 5 years or so. Hopefully your in the former category otherwise, Im am kind of shocked that you can call me out on this statement. Buy yourself some Raptors Games Video from the previous 5 years and then look of how not to rebound 101... both should be crossed referenced...

And then Your face should be planted on the Raptors 2005-2010 Games video cover..
    lol

Oh god, that made me so happy.

Interesting post. Everyone i talk to seems to think that reggie is not in our future. I think that it is a tough question to answer right now.We have not seen ed davis play yet, and i think that will be the deciding factor. We should wait until after the trade deadline because he is very valuable. Anything could happen. I personally love his style of play, and i know i will get some hate for this, but, he has won games for us. We out rebounded boston. If i had told you that 3 years ago you would have called me a lier.

I would not offer him over 2 years. My opinion.

Good post
    Last edited by Red and White; Mon Nov 22nd, 2010 at 01:59 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Reggie serves the same purpose as an enforcer in hockey. He hurts your offence, leaving you to play 4 against 5, and he's not going to score unless the puck bounces in accidentally off his butt. But what he does do is give every guy on the team that little bit of extra courage they normally wouldn't have, allowing them to play without fear and even with aggression. I think we all saw yesterday, that for the first time in years the Raps weren't afraid of the C**tics. And the C's didn't even think about trying any funny stuff - even Shaq. Players in the L know that Reggie's crazier and tougher than Garnett and Artest combined and nobody wants to take the chance. The only other guy on the team who could handle the enforcer role is Dorsey, who we should be grooming to take over from Reggie eventually.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was so waiting for Buddha on this one. haha

At the most a 1 year deal for him if he's actually here at the end of the year. I love him he's getting older and guys like Davis and Amir will be one year better(and maybe even Alabi).
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Reggie serves the same purpose as an enforcer in hockey. He hurts your offence, leaving you to play 4 against 5, and he's not going to score unless the puck bounces in accidentally off his butt. But what he does do is give every guy on the team that little bit of extra courage they normally wouldn't have, allowing them to play without fear and even with aggression. I think we all saw yesterday, that for the first time in years the Raps weren't afraid of the C**tics. And the C's didn't even think about trying any funny stuff - even Shaq. Players in the L know that Reggie's crazier and tougher than Garnett and Artest combined and nobody wants to take the chance. The only other guy on the team who could handle the enforcer role is Dorsey, who we should be grooming to take over from Reggie eventually.
    Good analogy. Every team needs a Reggie - he just shouldn't be starting.

Dorsey is a great big off the bench. When given opportunities this year he has taken advantage. I hope the Raptors consider him a part of the future even if it is 3rd or 4th big off the bench.

Thread Information