Raptors Fans are Delusional!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Fans are Delusional!

You can almost draw a line between the 2 MAJOR fan types in Toronto...

Group #1
    Embarrassed Raptors Fans that dream about Championships every night. When they wake up form the Championship dream they live the DAILY nightmare of a expansion team. Arrrrrgg!

Group #2
    2. Fans who except the fact Toronto's best chance of EVER winning a championship will be a LONG SHOT from the perfect alignment that will DEFEAT Goliath. BUT when we defeat Goliath I'll probably be 80yrs.... and ROCKIN like Neil Young in the Free World!

I tried to find the most common detonator between the two groups. What makes the two group so INCREDIBLE different? Euro vs American Ball? We both cheer for the same team....yet we would also leave a Flaming Bag a Shat on each other door step.

Why?

(Keep it clean Boys!)

Things can change pretty quickly. Look at the Celtics, they were shit (for a while) and in 1 off season they got the "big 3" and have been dominating people for a while.

Comment

PapiJulio wrote: View Post
      You can almost draw a line between the 2 MAJOR fan types in Toronto...

Group #1
      Embarrassed Raptors Fans that dream about Championships every night. When they wake up form the Championship dream they live the DAILY nightmare of a expansion team. Arrrrrgg!

Group #2
      2. Fans who except the fact Toronto's best chance of EVER winning a championship will be a LONG SHOT from the perfect alignment that will DEFEAT Goliath. BUT when we defeat Goliath I'll probably be 80yrs.... and ROCKIN like Neil Young in the Free World!

I tried to find the most common detonator between the two groups. What makes the two group so INCREDIBLE different? Euro vs American Ball? We both cheer for the same team....yet we would also leave a Flaming Bag a Shat on each other door step.

Why?

(Keep it clean Boys!)

Ohhh, you forgot Fan Type #3, which you are:

-wastes time posting useless generalizing stereotyping posts on this fan site to make people feel uncomfortable or akward about supporting their team
      -make racist polarizing comments such as "euro ball vs us ball"
      -do not know how to play basketball

Comment

As I mentioned in Altraps roll call from yesterday's game, Raptors fans are only happy when they’re unhappy.

Comment

There was an article like this about the different types of raptor fans. The serious fan, or the YOUNGUNZ FOREVA fans. Why you may ask? Dude, just ignore the dumb people and watch. What does it matter what other fans think. ITS your city, your opinion, and you shouldnt give a dam.

And the Multi Paul, there were articles posted about this in the offseason by the admin(or atleast people high enough to post articles), please, not a smart thing to say.
          How was he racist? Beats me? THey are different styles. Its like saying i speak english vs i speak french. Not racist.
          You said he didnt know how to play basketball? HOW WOULD YOU KNOW. People like this ruin the forums. In the end, it dosnt matter.

Just think about what type of fan you are, find others that are too, and enjoy the good times. Dont take it too seriously.

Good post
          Last edited by Red and White; Mon Nov 22, 2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            As I mentioned in Altraps roll call from yesterday's game, Raptors fans are only happy when they’re unhappy.
            lol... it's funny because it's true.

they may not make the playoffs... but they've beat the two best teams in the east already... i see no reason to not look forward to every game at this point of the season

a little optimism around these parts would be a welcome thing for once

Comment

The track record for the Raptors is horrible. The odds are no doubt against the Raptors and having a GM who chooses to not work with the "winning formulas" doesn't help. Sometimes trail blazers turn out to be great but then again most successful people, including trail blazers, tend to move away from ideas and concepts that lead to continuous failure.

If you've watched this team operate from day one I'm not sure how you can be an extreme optimist. Me personally, I've been disappointed too many times in the past to simply suck it up and say "they team will be great in no time". I need to see evidence of it. Right now, they have some good young pieces but none of them, at this time, strike me as having elite potential. If this team wants to win it needs to find an elite two way player with strong leadership skills... Ideally multiple players like that.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                The track record for the Raptors is horrible. The odds are no doubt against the Raptors and having a GM who chooses to not work with the "winning formulas" doesn't help. Sometimes trail blazers turn out to be great but then again most successful people, including trail blazers, tend to move away from ideas and concepts that lead to continuous failure.

If you've watched this team operate from day one I'm not sure how you can be an extreme optimist. Me personally, I've been disappointed too many times in the past to simply suck it up and say "they team will be great in no time". I need to see evidence of it. Right now, they have some good young pieces but none of them, at this time, strike me as having elite potential. If this team wants to win it needs to find an elite two way player with strong leadership skills... Ideally multiple players like that.
                Yeah fans need to be in balance with what they feel. Not being optimistic is wrong, but same is being over optimistic is wrong too. People need to chill out and just watch theteam grow.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                  Yeah fans need to be in balance with what they feel. Not being optimistic is wrong, but same is being over optimistic is wrong too. People need to chill out and just watch theteam grow.
                  couldn't have said that any better bro...i already said that this type of behavouir is really staring to concern me
                  "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Agreed with thread title and parts of the subject matter....I do agree that there is this american vs euro fan base that exists and cheers for one side over the other under the context of the team.....i find mostly its the euro fans who biasedly support euro players or there own countrymen regardless of what takes place on the court...which of course leads to threads like kleiza going to the ASG and Calderon is a top 5 PG thread....

Its hard to argue that doesnt exist...

Comment

this site isn't as crazy as the other raps sites...you guys on here seem normal the unlike the other sites

Comment

that stuff killed me...especially when the turks actually thought hedo was a good fit...i knew from day one that hedo was a big mistake

Comment

I said this at the beginning of the year - I don't expect this team to win many games, but if they play hard, leave it all out on the court for 48 minutes, I'll be happy. This season is a learning one. We just added another fantastic talent in Bayless (I'm eager to see him play with Weems, DeRozan, AJ), and we'll get another young talent (or two) in the draft. In a couple of years, this team is gonna be primed to make a run and be competitive for seasons to come. Fans just need to stick to the course and be patient - you want to build a team that'll be competitive - and make deep playoff runs for years, not one that'll continually be sneaking into the playoffs and getting ousted in the first round.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                            Ohhh, you forgot Fan Type #3, which you are:

-wastes time posting useless generalizing stereotyping posts on this fan site to make people feel uncomfortable or akward about supporting their team
                            -make racist polarizing comments such as "euro ball vs us ball"
                            -do not know how to play basketball
                            THANK YOU. Keep negative fan bashing to the American media that bashes our entire city. There might be a spot available for you. What is the point of your thread and direction that you're going in? Because, right now, it's pretty stupid.
                            The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                            Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                            www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                            http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

I'm sure I speak for others on this forum when I say this:

The reason we became fans of the Toronto Raptors ball club over every other team is because they are our sole representative in an organization that inherently looks down upon our nation. In fact, nationality isn't even a great reason, but it's the reason many of us became fans of the raps in the first place.

Secondly, I don't know about the rest of you, but it wouldn't feel right for me to just say "fuck the Raps, they suck, time to move on." Who the hell decided that the only thing that makes a team worth rooting for is the fact that they consistently compete for championships? If that was the case, we'd all be Lakers or Celtics fans. We remain fans because when the organization does experience success, we can say with pride and honesty that we supported the franchise all the way. And those who didn't stick around through thick and thin are full of shit when they take pride in the team's successes. It's easy to only support winning teams.

All of you who claim that supporting this team causes you daily emotional trauma are, to put it bluntly, fucked. Enjoy the wins, shrug off the losses, and root for the team until the franchise leaves Toronto ten or one hundred years from now. All the rest of you who only concern yourselves with how painful it is to support this team are just bandwagon-jumpers in disguise and should have bounced long ago. End of rant. Go Raps.

Comment

Working...
                              X