Raptors Fans are Delusional!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    THANK YOU. Keep negative fan bashing to the American media that bashes our entire city. There might be a spot available for you. What is the point of your thread and direction that you're going in? Because, right now, it's pretty stupid.
    Exactly. I think there is 1 type of fan, a Raptors fan. I'm tired of all this polarizing BS. And to Red and White, yes, i think that people who argue Euro vs American are borderline racist. That's like saying some people like baseball teams with south americans/caribbeans and some like it with americans. Get off it. Sports are not about race, origin, etc. Let it rest.

If you can't just humbly and honestly support your team than go play chess.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      As I mentioned in Altraps roll call from yesterday's game, Raptors fans are only happy when they’re unhappy.
      Sad, but a true fact.

I never go all excited about a win like yesterday, I just keep thinking to myself "great, now we can afford to lose against phily on wednesday", it's something we'll have to live with until this team starts winning consistently.

Comment

noxleno wrote: View Post
        I'm sure I speak for others on this forum when I say this:

The reason we became fans of the Toronto Raptors ball club over every other team is because they are our sole representative in an organization that inherently looks down upon our nation. In fact, nationality isn't even a great reason, but it's the reason many of us became fans of the raps in the first place.

Secondly, I don't know about the rest of you, but it wouldn't feel right for me to just say "fuck the Raps, they suck, time to move on." Who the hell decided that the only thing that makes a team worth rooting for is the fact that they consistently compete for championships? If that was the case, we'd all be Lakers or Celtics fans. We remain fans because when the organization does experience success, we can say with pride and honesty that we supported the franchise all the way. And those who didn't stick around through thick and thin are full of shit when they take pride in the team's successes. It's easy to only support winning teams.

All of you who claim that supporting this team causes you daily emotional trauma are, to put it bluntly, fucked. Enjoy the wins, shrug off the losses, and root for the team until the franchise leaves Toronto ten or one hundred years from now. All the rest of you who only concern yourselves with how painful it is to support this team are just bandwagon-jumpers in disguise and should have bounced long ago. End of rant. Go Raps.
        Well said sir, +1

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but as a raptor fine I am eying playoffs. YES playoffs! stranger things have happened. That's what makes sports so compelling. Every year I cheer them on until I really see that they do not have it. This year its hard to say. Nothing is written in stone. Who would of thought the raps would produce two wins against to top east teams and take it to Miami and LA in the first 15 games. Toss in the fact they really never have not been blown out (exception WAS) with their very suspect defense. The East is weak yet again so logically they can contend especially against the bottom feeders in the east.

We as fans have one job to do. cheer them on! get behind them! give them the chance to respond. That's the kind of fan I am!

Comment

Euro Ball fails miserably here in The People's Republic Of America.

Comment

Karl Marx wrote: View Post
              Euro Ball fails miserably here in The People's Republic Of America.
              But what really is "Euro Ball"? If its a style then I don't see it. This team still plays the same way it has for years now. Even before we became a more international flavoured team. The skill talent overall might have just been a bit better back then.

If its because we have an abundant of international players on our team that play basketball then that's a weak excuse. Talent is talent regarding of where they're from.

Comment

I've been watching the Raptors since day one and looking back it's true there have been more disappointments than success but that doesn't mean I let that cloud my optimism for this team. Can they make the playoffs this year? Yes. Could they get past the first round and beat Boston, the Heat or Magic by next year? Yes. Maybe you'll call me an extreme optimist but I believe there is something special about what is taking place here. That expression you used "elite potential" is something that doesn't mean much. Steve Nash is an example of someone who was never expected to become a two time MVP and one of the greatest PG of all time after his first few seasons. Sometimes potential just keeps developing and next thing you know you have a star player. It doesn't have to come from having the first pick in the draft or trading for a LEbRON. A great team will be a two way team that has chemistry, a strong identity and guys that know how to win with the game on the line. Is this team there yet? No, but they could be closer than most people think.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  But what really is "Euro Ball"? If its a style then I don't see it. This team still plays the same way it has for years now. Even before we became a more international flavoured team. The skill talent overall might have just been a bit better back then.

If its because we have an abundant of international players on our team that play basketball then that's a weak excuse. Talent is talent regarding of where they're from.
                  Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Well said.

Basketball is basketball. Put ball in basket, score. Rebound. Defend.

Comment

"euro ball" is this generation's "white men can't jump" stereotype

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                      Rosie Perez looked hot in that movie

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                        I think it's more a prejudice that the American media keeps trying to hammer home. It's a product of their American superiority complex that is still prevalent down there and will continue until their economy goes into total meltdown... Which is far off (dollar crash, hyper inflation, super hike in interest rates, riots in the streets worse than you seen in Greece, you get the picture).

Comment

imaginelino wrote: View Post
                          I don't know about you guys, but as a raptor fine I am eying playoffs. YES playoffs! stranger things have happened. That's what makes sports so compelling. Every year I cheer them on until I really see that they do not have it. This year its hard to say. Nothing is written in stone. Who would of thought the raps would produce two wins against to top east teams and take it to Miami and LA in the first 15 games. Toss in the fact they really never have not been blown out (exception WAS) with their very suspect defense. The East is weak yet again so logically they can contend especially against the bottom feeders in the east.

We as fans have one job to do. cheer them on! get behind them! give them the chance to respond. That's the kind of fan I am!
                          predictions are just that..they said the blue jays would lose 100 games and they exceeded eevryone's expectations...bc relaized ths team is better than he even thought and is about to make another big trade to get te raps into the playoffs...i would rather tank
                          "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

I joined this site in the summer of 2009 because I was curious what other Raptors fans thought about the direction the team should go, given CB4's expiring contract at the end of the forthcoming season... I really enjoyed the analysis, debate over trade/signing rumors and general chatter about the Raptors upcoming season and long-term plans.

In the past year and a half it's been great to see the growth of readers/posters on this site. However I find myself growing less and less inclined to read the comments attached to each article because of the following reasons:

1) certain posters use every single thread of comments as an opportunity to spout of their own opinion about a particular player/coach/GM, either positive or negative, regardless of the relevancy that opinion has to the article

2) it seems almost every thread of comments starts out on topic, then degrades into the common debates: Bargnani - star in the making vs bust, Calderon vs Jack, "US" vs "Euro" approach, BC - praise him vs fire him, Triano - coach gaining valuable experience vs placeholder, etc... we all know the arguments and opinions on both sides of the coin, why bring it up over and over and over

3) respect... or lack thereof! who cares if people have different opinions than you? too often the arguments turn into petty name calling and stereotypical generalizations about the various alleged type of posters and/or fans... state your point and respect other peoples' points, there is no reason for the personal attacks on each other

4) we are all supposedly fans of the TORONTO RAPTORS, right? some games will be won, while others will be lost... players will have good games and bad games... some moves will pan out, others won't... in my humble opinion, a true fan of a team won't swing like a pendulum from one game to the next, but instead will look at the big picture and look at the direction the team is taking and be encouraged by the growth and development of the coach and players on the roster. Nobody on this site had grand expectations for this team prior to the start of the season, so why not take the season for what it's worth - an opportunity for BC to add assets to the team for the long-term, a chance for Triano to continue to mature and evolve as a head coach and another year of development and gelling for our young core group of players. Take the good with the bad and keep focussing on the near and sustainable future of this team we are all supposedly supporters of!

Go Raps!
                            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Nov 22, 2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              I joined this site in the summer of 2009 because I was curious what other Raptors fans thought about the direction the team should go, given CB4's expiring contract at the end of the forthcoming season... I really enjoyed the analysis, debate over trade/signing rumors and general chatter about the Raptors upcoming season and long-term plans.

In the past year and a half it's been great to see the growth of readers/posters on this site. However I find myself growing less and less inclined to read the comments attached to each article because of the following reasons:

1) certain posters use every single thread of comments as an opportunity to spout of their own opinion about a particular player/coach/GM, either positive or negative, regardless of the relevancy that opinion has to the article

2) it seems almost every thread of comments starts out on topic, then degrades into the common debates: Bargnani - star in the making vs bust, Calderon vs Jack, "US" vs "Euro" approach, BC - praise him vs fire him, Triano - coach gaining valuable experience vs placeholder, etc... we all know the arguments and opinions on both sides of the coin, why bring it up over and over and over

3) respect... or lack thereof! who cares if people have different opinions than you? too often the arguments turn into petty name calling and stereotypical generalizations about the various alleged type of posters and/or fans... state your point and respect other peoples' points, there is no reason for the personal attacks on each other

4) we are all supposedly fans of the TORONTO RAPTORS, right? some games will be won, while others will be lost... players will have good games and bad games... some moves will pan out, others won't... in my humble opinion, a true fan of a team won't swing like a pendulum from one game to the next, but instead will look at the big picture and look at the direction the team is taking and be encouraged by the growth and development of the coach and players on the roster. Nobody on this site had grand expectations for this team prior to the start of the season, so why not take the season for what it's worth - an opportunity for BC to add assets to the team for the long-term, a chance for Triano to continue to mature and evolve as a head coach and another year of development and gelling for our young core group of players. Take the good with the bad and keep focussing on the near and sustainable future of this team we are all supposedly supporters of!

Go Raps!
                              I stand up and applaud you CalgaryRapsFan. Well said my friend.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                                Exactly. I think there is 1 type of fan, a Raptors fan. I'm tired of all this polarizing BS. And to Red and White, yes, i think that people who argue Euro vs American are borderline racist. That's like saying some people like baseball teams with south americans/caribbeans and some like it with americans. Get off it. Sports are not about race, origin, etc. Let it rest.

If you can't just humbly and honestly support your team than go play chess.
                                I agree, we should support our team. No matter what, no matter how bad or good, we should just be supportive. I find that alot of people get to bummed out in the bad times, and too optimistic in the good times. A fan is someone who loves an organization and wont stop ever. THere is no switching, none of that. If you do,your not a fan. Plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X