Trading Antoine Wright for Morris Peterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Antoine Wright for Morris Peterson

Wright has fallen to the deepest end of the bench, where even Pops Mensah Bonsu is getting more minutes than him at this point... in fact, with the recent struggles of Marco Belinelli, you'd think Wright would earn some of his minutes back simply because of his 'defense' (as advertised).

Having said that, it seems obvious that if any minor moves are made, they would likely involve him since he's not being utilized... at the same time, MoPete is at the deep end of NO's bench and could use another perimeter defender.

I was never a huge fan of Morris Peterson especially in his latter years- sure he had some clutch shots and some circus plays that always made the highlight reels, but he shot a pretty mediocre 3pfg %... although his defense wasn't that bad.

We could use his 'veteran presence' in the locker room and it would ignite some more excitement and energy back into the team- something Colangelo is always looking for. I doubt he'd crack the rotation as someone we can depend on nightly but it would certainly be itneresting to bring him back, and this team is lacking a veteran leader on the floor- seems they look to guys like Alvin Williams for mentoring.

Thoughts?

Bringing back Mo Pete

This suggestion makes no sense at all, just because player A sits on the bench in one city, and player B sits on another bench does not mean they should be traded for each other. Mo Pete's better days are behind him and there is a good reason he buried on the hornets bench. HE IS DONE. If he had any game at all, he would be playing, CP3 needs someone who can hit 3's and spread the floor so he can drive. This is Mo Pete's bread and butter, and if he can't do it for a team that is desperate need of it. Why do people think he can do it in Toronto?

Comment

Raps_fan_81 wrote: View Post
      This suggestion makes no sense at all, just because player A sits on the bench in one city, and player B sits on another bench does not mean they should be traded for each other. Mo Pete's better days are behind him and there is a good reason he buried on the hornets bench. HE IS DONE. If he had any game at all, he would be playing, CP3 needs someone who can hit 3's and spread the floor so he can drive. This is Mo Pete's bread and butter, and if he can't do it for a team that is desperate need of it. Why do people think he can do it in Toronto?
      At what point did I suggest that we need him for his offense?

Comment

I'm sorry, you are correct

Fair point, I did assume that you wanted him for his scoring touch. But clearly I have under estimated his abilities to sit on the bench and wave a towel. And at 6 M / per for the next 2.5 seasons, he must be in one of the top 5 in the NBA for towel waving skills for anyone to want him this bad.

Let's be honest he's lost a step (or two) on defence, he can't spread the floor, he is not an energy guy, But he CAN ride the pine till he is 35 and then retire to a nice home, and perhaps coach high school basketball.

I loved him when he was here but he is not that guy anymore and the Raps have no need of more bench dead weight. That's what P O'B is for.

Comment

abstract wrote: View Post
          At what point did I suggest that we need him for his offense?
          I think his point is mo pete is over the hill.

Comment

Working...
          X