Peja for Dalembert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peja for Dalembert

I'm not one for randomly speculating and/or proposing wild trade but is there a way to parlay Stojakovic into Dalembert. It is no secret that Dalembert's play hasn't been all that great in the offensive side of things but his defence has been superb. His minutes continue to be eaten by Cousins and even Thompson (whose trade speculations were quickly squashed by their GM). Dalembert can make Evans very expendable and would be a fantastic partner with Bargs in the frontcourt.

Why would they want Peja? Simple, both Green and Casspi hasn't been an answer for them at the SF position. They're also 2nd last in 3pt%. Unfortunately, the Raps are dead last in this department too. I think that this is the only transaction out there that truly makes sense.

PS> The trade machine on this works like a charm in a one for one swap.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

I'd consider that. I've always kinda though Sammy D would be fantastic as a backup 5 for Bargs. And it would ease the pain of any Evans move, though I really like the leadership that Evans brings. Before making the trade I would wonder though what it would take to resign Dalembert after his contract expires. What's your guess? You think MLE kind of money, or more/less would be necessary/could do it? I wouldn't want to spend more than the MLE (5m or so).

A Dalembert/Davis frontcourt would be seriously tough to attack the rim against. If we had those two as our bigs off the bench that'd be pretty crazy.

Comment

Expiring for expiring. It's somewhat of a sideways move (unless Dalembert re-ups). I think we can get a better piece for our team with the Peja expiring than an expiring Dalembert.

Comment

But like you said, its expiring for expiring, so we're are basically just replacing Pejas short, white self, for a giant Haitian who can help us this year whether he reups or not, and we still get the Cap Relief, Peja or not.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          But like you said, its expiring for expiring, so we're are basically just replacing Pejas short, white self, for a giant Haitian who can help us this year whether he reups or not, and we still get the Cap Relief, Peja or not.
          Peja is 6'10" and Dalembert is 6'11" but I knowwhat you mean.

Peja takes time away from Davis, Johnson especially as long as Evans is around. If Evans is traded then I'd have no issue with Peja for Dalembert eventhough I would not want Dalembert around past this season. He has complained everywhere he's been - give SAC time. Although he has really only been with PHI and Canadian National team so maybe that statement was a little oversimplified.

Comment

Working...
          X