Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Actual Facts About Bayless' Assists Without The Smell Test or Seeing Eye Dog Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed....this is satisfying to know. I knew basically nothing about Bayless, except for his name, and that I thought he was pretty good because he used to play for Portland. Hearing lots about what a crappy point guard he is was kinda depressing.

Youth movement! Underway! I wonder how much of the anti-Bayless rhetoric was simply because he now plays for Toronto. Seems for some reasons (some more obvious than others) this team has a target on its back from the Media.

Kind of a tangent, but, if anyone's played 2k11, and you hear the comments in the game like "Bosh called this team out for its lack of effort down the stretch".... Bosh was on the sideline for all of the god-danged stretch. Coulda played, but didn't, as the team was fighting for a playoff spot. Serious disrespect for the team, now spilling into virtual disrespect. The worst kind.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
      Indeed....this is satisfying to know. I knew basically nothing about Bayless, except for his name, and that I thought he was pretty good because he used to play for Portland. Hearing lots about what a crappy point guard he is was kinda depressing.

Youth movement! Underway! I wonder how much of the anti-Bayless rhetoric was simply because he now plays for Toronto. Seems for some reasons (some more obvious than others) this team has a target on its back from the Media.

Kind of a tangent, but, if anyone's played 2k11, and you hear the comments in the game like "Bosh called this team out for its lack of effort down the stretch".... Bosh was on the sideline for all of the god-danged stretch. Coulda played, but didn't, as the team was fighting for a playoff spot. Serious disrespect for the team, now spilling into virtual disrespect. The worst kind.
      I saw both Bayless and Westbrook play in the Pac10 and against one another in 2007-08 before they were drafted in June of 2008.

Bayless was better offensively, 1.57 PPP vs Westbrook's 1.27 PPP - Source: ESPN.

Westbrook did have a slightly higher Assist Per Game number 4.3 vs 4.0 in about 3 mpg less than Bayless 32 vs 35 (truncated)

Bayless problem when handling the ball is his high turnover rate. His career best in this area has been 2.6 per 36 minutes which he accomplished last season

His career average so far is 2.9 turnovers per 36 minutes.

However, there have been literally hundreds of times in the history of the NBA that a player has averaged 2.6 or more turnovers per 36 minutes.

The most assists per game ever attained by a player in a single season while averaging at least 2.6 turnovers per game was recorded in 1989-90 by none other than John Stockton.

In that season he averaged 3.4 turnovers per 36 minutes and 14.5 APG

Both Stockton and Magic Johnson recorded at least 2.6 turnovers per 36 minutes in a single season at least 8 times each in their careers.

The second highest number of APG while recording at least 2.6 turnovers per 36 minutes is happening right now.

Rondo is averaging 3.3 turnovers per 36 minutes and 14.3 APG

The most assists per 36 minutes in season that a player has recorded in NBA history while averaging at least 2.6 turnovers per 36 minutes and while playing at least 2,000 minutes in a season happened in 1987-88. Stockton that season averaged 14.3 assists per 36 minutes and 3.3 turnovers per 36 minutes.

What Bayless needs to do is increase his current assists per 36 minute rate of 6.8 without increasing and preferably decreasing his current turnover rate per 36 minutes.

He is currently at 6.8 assists per 36 minutes and 4.1 turnovers per 36 minutes.

If he can increase his assists per 36 minutes by even only 10 percent and get his turnover rate per 36 minutes down to last season's rate of 2.6 he will have pretty good numbers in this area.

Assists per 36 minutes-------7.5
      Turnovers per 36 minutes----2.6
      Turnover Ratio--------------2.9 which is pretty good

Can he do it? Got me

stats
      Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Nov 23, 2010, 12:28 PM.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Guys.

Whats he make.

Thats all you need to think about.

BC has nothing up any sleeve. He is cutting salary to prepare for the Lockout. The MLSE has a lot of experience with this stuff, and they are powerful in the owners group. Trust they know whats coming, and they are preparing accordingly.

Cut cut cut. Get used to it.

Comment

Which might be a reason why Peja won't be moved and the TPE not used.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
            Guys.

Whats he make.

Thats all you need to think about.

BC has nothing up any sleeve. He is cutting salary to prepare for the Lockout. The MLSE has a lot of experience with this stuff, and they are powerful in the owners group. Trust they know whats coming, and they are preparing accordingly.

Cut cut cut. Get used to it.
            most logical argument i've heard all week, thumbs up

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
              most logical argument i've heard all week, thumbs up

Totally inaccurate argument with regard to Bayless.

Trading Jack it up Jack for Bayless was not primarily done to save salary and increase the cap space.

Bayless was firstly acquired because he will become a better player than Jack and a much better PG.

It would not surprise me to see him starting at the PG spot for the Raptors three seasons from now or less.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
              X