Thaddeus Young - Potential FA pick up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Philly brass got to see him every day in practice. They chose not to extend his contract with all that experience of watching him play. That's a big statement coming from the experts on Thaddeus Young, the fact that they're not willing to commit to a deal starting at $4M/yr.

EDIT: Wait a second. They have first crack at him with a qualifying offer of $4M. They don't need to make a call until the summer... I think.
    i think its based on a lot of factors thats why a team doesnt want a player back, some are quite good but they dont fit the team's system.
    i think Young will be a great fit with the Raps. he seems to be a good pick and roll guy, which is currently the raps are very good at. i think he is a more athletic, smaller version of amir.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
      i think its based on a lot of factors thats why a team doesnt want a player back, some are quite good but they dont fit the team's system.
      i think Young will be a great fit with the Raps. he seems to be a good pick and roll guy, which is currently the raps are very good at. i think he is a more athletic, smaller version of amir.
      More athletic than Amir?

Not unless you discount the ability to run fast and far as non-athletic abilities.

Johnson competed very successfully in both basketball and track, sprinting and long distance running in high school.

Amir is probably the best in the league in getting up and down court both on offense and defense.

Yes Young is a better ball handler and maybe able to jump hirer though I am not sure about that.

However he can't run anywhere near as good as Amir can period.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I didn't realize Young was only 22. As already mentioned, his knock is he is a tweener.

He is a RFA with a qualifying offer of $3.99M.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-10-11

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9167

Personally, I think Green is a legit 3 and if there was a choice I would go with Green. Playing out of position and initially in Durant's and now Durant's and Westbrook's shadow, Green has not shown how good he can be.

Also, OKC just resigned Collison to an extension and they have Ibaka. I think this may be another sign Green's future might not be in OKC.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I didn't realize Young was only 22. As already mentioned, his knock is he is a tweener.

He is a RFA with a qualifying offer of $3.99M.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-10-11

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9167

Personally, I think Green is a legit 3 and if there was a choice I would go with Green. Playing out of position and initially in Durant's and now Durant's and Westbrook's shadow, Green has not shown how good he can be.

Also, OKC just resigned Collison to an extension and they have Ibaka. I think this may be another sign Green's future might not be in OKC.
          I would also take Green over Young. That is if we don't re-sign Weems and Green doesn't ask for too much. If we keep Weems, which I would prefer, I don't think Green would come to play 20 minutes a game. He is a starter, and would probably only consider our offer if we can guarantee a starting spot. Also he might want to go to a contender, or at least a .500% team.

Comment

Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
            The stats say you're wrong.

http://www.82games.com/1011/10PHI7.HTM#bypos

Check out his production breakdown by position. Not nearly as effective at the 3 as he is at the 4, on both sides of the ball.
            Well he is a better SG as well :P

I guess so, but he can play both positions which can come in handy. Especially because if we don't resign Reggie, Wright and Weems (I hope we re-sign Weems) we will have space at the 3 and 4. With Amir having trouble staying on court, and Ed still quite raw. I think TYoung would be a great fit.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              If Young is as good as some think and Philly doesn't want him then wouldn't you think they would trade him between now and the deadline to extend the qualifying offer?

Comment

Working...
              X