Miami 2011 1st Round Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami 2011 1st Round Pick

Does anybody know if this pick is lottery protected? Not trying to be smart but the way things are going for the heat an if more injuries happened this might be a factor. Plus the pick gets better by the day.

It's top-15 protected.

Toronto Raptors: Receives Miami's 2011 first-round pick (top-15 protected) via Chris Bosh trade on 7/10/10.
    LINK

Comment

Ok so some of us want the Heat to do bad, but not too bad.

Comment

The interesting aspect is that Miami even thought about protecting the pick and then @15. Such confidence?

Comment

themachine wrote: View Post
          Ok so some of us want the Heat to do bad, but not too bad.
          There are so many people and players that want the heat to do bad, Wade-Bron-Bosh have huge targets on their backs and its fun to see them fail. I personally think bosh is a loser and he will lead to the demise of D-Wade. As all three of them can't be scorers, and bosh will cry if he don't get touches (as he already has).

Whether or not he remains on the Heat? Bosh will always be a big, ru-paul, sulking loser. Its putting a smile on my face that he sneaked away from us

Comment

Was wondering this on the weekend. No way it will be that low, but would be nice to get a high teens pick out of this.

Comment

raps pick - brandon knight
              heat pick - CJ leslie
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                The interesting aspect is that Miami even thought about protecting the pick and then @15. Such confidence?
                I think Pat Riley knew they would be two major key injuries away from lottery bound i.e. LBJ and Wade at same time.

I thought it was top 14 protected - essentially as long as the HEAT make the playoffs the pick goes to TOR.

2011 first round draft pick to Toronto
                Miami’s own 2011 1st round pick to Toronto (top 14 protected in the 2011 draft). If Miami's pick is in the top 14 picks in the 2011 draft, then Miami will instead send cash to Toronto [Miami - Toronto, 7/9/2010]

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_future_dra...#ixzz168YNqAUM

Comment

its funny how your NBA villians change from year to year... for the longest time, the lakers were my most hated team ever.. then the boston big 3 happened, and i wanted nothing more than to see kobe annihilate them...

now, i pray to god that the heat lose enough to only get the 7th or 8th seed and earn the right to get bullied out of the playoffs by boston in the first round

its like sleeping with a known whore even though you fully know you're going to get herpes just to piss off your ex-girlfriend................. and its totally worth it.

Comment

jami_slam wrote: View Post
                    There are so many people and players that want the heat to do bad, Wade-Bron-Bosh have huge targets on their backs and its fun to see them fail. I personally think bosh is a loser and he will lead to the demise of D-Wade. As all three of them can't be scorers, and bosh will cry if he don't get touches (as he already has).

Whether or not he remains on the Heat? Bosh will always be a big, ru-paul, sulking loser. Its putting a smile on my face that he sneaked away from us
                    Bet you they would love to trade bosh for Scola or Battier and Brooks right now.

Comment

I think the more interesting question is this: Bosh had already committed to Miami regardless of receiving a max deal or not, why would Riley trade these picks away especially given that there was a good chance the Toronto pick would be a lottery pick. I surmise that he did this because Bosh has a big mouth, and the NBA would have launched an investigation if Toronto or Clevland had requested it.

Comment

I think the more interesting question is this: Bosh had already committed to Miami regardless of receiving a max deal or not, why would Riley trade these picks away especially given that there was a good chance the Toronto pick would be a lottery pick. I surmise that he did this because Bosh has a big mouth, and the NBA would have launched an investigation if Toronto or Clevland had requested it.
                        The sign and trades that MIA did with both LBJ and Bosh allowed them to tack on an extra year and somewhere in the neighbourhood of $20M over the life of the deal. Neither Bosh, Wade, or LBJ signed a true max deal but that was very much negated by the lack of income tax in Flordia.

Comment

Does anybody know if this pick is lottery protected? Not trying to be smart but the way things are going for the heat an if more injuries happened this might be a factor. Plus the pick gets better by the day.
                          They'll make the playoffs. I think at some point they will get rolling. I think the best we can hope for is 16-20 range. That is possible and the Raptors could get a good player there. Guys drop some times. Look at Rajon Rondo, Josh Smith, Jameer Nelson, etc.

Comment

The way they're playing right now, man, I'd like to keep their picks. I don't care what kind of injuries you have. Other teams have injuries as well. The reality is that they are not gelling. The EGOs are so massive. Pacers beat them in their own house and with Haslem gone for the year, this is a team in trouble. I can understand if this happened in game # 70 where everyone is on the same page. Unfortunately we're not even at 25% yet and they are now experiencing problems. Bosh proved to be softer and LeBron seems like he's losing patience.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              its funny how your NBA villians change from year to year... for the longest time, the lakers were my most hated team ever.. then the boston big 3 happened, and i wanted nothing more than to see kobe annihilate them...

now, i pray to god that the heat lose enough to only get the 7th or 8th seed and earn the right to get bullied out of the playoffs by boston in the first round

its like sleeping with a known whore even though you fully know you're going to get herpes just to piss off your ex-girlfriend................. and its totally worth it.
                              Me too. I have always hated the Lakers and Boston. Growing up my favourite player was Dr J and my favourite team the 76s. I freakin hated Bird and Parish and McHale and Johnson and Abdul-Jabar. They were the legion of doom. Now I feel similarly about Miami.
                              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Working...
                              X