Jack interview after the trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack interview after the trade?

Anybody come across an interview of JJ after the trade?
    Just intrigued as to what he will say, if he's ticked coz he left the young gunz, or if he's happy coz he's moving to a possible contender

tbihis wrote: View Post
    Anybody come across an interview of JJ after the trade?
    Just intrigued as to what he will say, if he's ticked coz he left the young gunz, or if he's happy coz he's moving to a possible contender
    I'd say he is happy. He might not be thrilled about leaving the Raptors but I came across something, somewhere talking about how he and Paul have been really good friends since 13 and their families were tight.

Add to the fact he is going to a team competing now and I'd say he is really happy.

Comment

nope, but, i found this

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

and this

In a November 2006 story, The Oregonian's Jason Quick wrote about the friendship:

They were rivals in the Atlantic Coast Conference --two top point guards at two of the top programs in the best college conference --but a funny thing happened along the way to Jarrett Jack and Chris Paul.

They became the best of friends.

And so, too, did their parents.

So when Jack and the Trail Blazers take on Paul and the New Orleans/Oklahoma City
        Hornets tonight at the Rose Garden, it will not only be a battle of two of the NBA's more promising second-year point guards. It also will continue a bond formed between the two from when they were teenagers.

"The funny thing is, it's like Jarrett and I are linked together for life," Paul said.

The connection started when Paul, a 13-year-old prodigy from North Carolina, attended an AAU game that featured the 14-year-old Jack.

"I remember just hearing about him all the time as a kid, and so I went and watched him, and there he was, with his big, bald head, just killing everybody," Paul said.
        http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...d_bayless.html

"It was great," the veteran point guard acquired by New Orleans in Saturday's five-player trade with Toronto told FanHouse after the Hornets' loss to the Clippers on Monday night. "The overall atmosphere here was different. The guys wanting to be successful is totally different. ... There are guys who have been in that (winning) situation here, established, veteran guys, All-Star guys -- Emeka Okafor, David West, of course Chris (Paul), who has been around the block before. In Toronto, we were a very young team, and had guys who were kind of going through it and seeing the experience at the same time."
        http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/11/23/j...re-superteams/
        Last edited by LBF; Tue Nov 23, 2010, 05:49 PM. Reason: found an interview article type thing
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I'd say he is happy. He might not be thrilled about leaving the Raptors but I came across something, somewhere talking about how he and Paul have been really good friends since 13 and their families were tight.

Add to the fact he is going to a team competing now and I'd say he is really happy.
          im just intrigued because jack seemed to want a bigger role with the raps, specially at age 27, he wants to establish that he is a leader and a good floor general. i dont know if being a backup to one of the greatest PGs currently in the game will help him establish that. As good as friends as they are, jack probably still wants to do something with his career individually, much like what bosh did. sure contending is good, but jack has not achieved anything great yet individually unlike bosh.

i would think he's probably pissed leaving the raptors.

Comment

Working...
          X