D-Day for Pops Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Day for Pops Today

I guess we find out this afternoon what the deal is with Pops for the remainder of this season. Apart of me wants him to stay, but from a roster and financial stand point I understand why we would decide to part ways with him too.

Today’s the day.

Pops Day.

Apparently, Dec. 22 is the day that the contract of Pops Mensah-Bonsu becomes fully guaranteed and I haven’t had a whisper of which way the Raptors are leaning, actually.

The monetary savings are huge – about $400,000 maybe – but the roster spot might come in handy as they move towards the trade deadline.

I guess they could guarantee the deal and eat any financial losses if they have to, or use that money as cap ballast in some future transaction.

It’s not a huge deal but when there’s an absolute dearth of news around these lads, it’s at least something worth checking into.

And I shall later on when we gather yet again for practice.
    Source - Click here

If they let him go and retain POB, then the Raptors are cash-grabbing cows. He is clearly the more useful of the two. Having said that, having Pops on the roster versus letting him go will probably make a very small difference in the long run (barring injury), maybe a W at the most.

Comment

The deadline has been delayed to Jan. 5.

Comment

Working...
      X