Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Stojakovic a trade piece or something more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...-trade-chatter

Raptors president Bryan Colangelo has already publicly acknowledged the buyout scenario and left the clear impression that he'll work with Stojakovic on a mutually beneficial parting when the time comes. One of the likely reasons: Without Stojakovic's cooperation in waiving $437,470 of a $1,215,953 trade kicker to make the salary-cap math work in the deal with New Orleans co-headlined by Jarrett Jack, Toronto couldn't have completed a trade that brought young Jerryd Bayless to Canada ... and finally rid the Raptors of Marcus Banks.

League rules on trade kickers only allowed Stojakovic to surrender the exact amount required to make the trade legal, but it was still a six-figure sacrifice that otherwise could have scuttled the deal.

The Serbian sharpshooter, furthermore, is determined to stay in the NBA for two or three more seasons after this one, according to agent David Baumann, despite the persistent wishful thinking from European teams about luring the 33-year-old back to their shores.

And a buyout, frankly, is possible even if Peja gets traded again, depending on the state of the team that acquires him. It's not hard to imagine a few of the top teams trying to woo him in March when veteran shooters and big men who become in-season free agents are hot commodities.

Comment

From every interview I see Peja do, he seems like he expects to be moved pretty quickly.Almost like he's been promised a trade.I'm not sure if the injury to Reggie changes that.

Comment

Anyone can teach Demar and Sonny how to be as good a shooter as Peja. It's called practice.

Seriously, I hope Peja stays on the team and his contract expires and we do absolutely nothing with it.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

Working...
        X