Peja for MoPete... hear me out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peja for MoPete... hear me out.

I am surprised I haven`t heard this mentioned more often but Toronto is the worst 3-point shoot team in the league. So all those folks preaching that Peja is useless should at least consider that...

...whatever though. I don`t think this team needs him considering their direction. The second or third worst 3-point shooting team is OKC. Surely they could use a veteran shooter on the wing for their drive to the playoffs.

Also, OKC is under the cap.
    MoPete`s expiring deal and a draft pick would get a deal done.
    Would ya`ll be disappointed if all we got for Peja was a 20th (or so) pick?

Still it would be great if Mo could end his Raps career in TO.

I think the Peja expiring would be worth more than a pick in the 20's. However, with the upcoming labour situation looming, I wouldn't be surprised if MLSE pushes Raptors management to make a move like this.

Comment

Gorlitzer wrote: View Post
      I am surprised I haven`t heard this mentioned more often but Toronto is the worst 3-point shoot team in the league. So all those folks preaching that Peja is useless should at least consider that...

...whatever though. I don`t think this team needs him considering their direction. The second or third worst 3-point shooting team is OKC. Surely they could use a veteran shooter on the wing for their drive to the playoffs.

Also, OKC is under the cap.
      MoPete`s expiring deal and a draft pick would get a deal done.
      Would ya`ll be disappointed if all we got for Peja was a 20th (or so) pick?

Still it would be great if Mo could end his Raps career in TO.
      That is an interesting thought. I had another trade up OKC-CHA-TOR-LAC that had Mo'Pete going to TOR.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure your idea works anymore. The reason is the Collison extension that was signed is reportedly with a huge signing bonus. Under NBA rules, players not on a rookie contract can be extended during the season - and COllison was. When a team is over the salary cap, any signing bonus is divided evenly over the course of the contract i.e. averaged out yearly over the number of years to be applied to the salary cap. Where OKC was below the salary cap, they gave Collison a signing bonus equal to their cap space. His salary over the remaining years of the contract is then like $2-2.5M per season. HIs new salary cap number for this season is $13.3M - His regular $6.75M salary plus the signing bonus.

The NBA salary cap is extremely complex but it is obvious Presti knows how to work it. They now have a decent bench and rotational player in Collison tied up for 4 seasons after this year at a meager salary leaving them with more money to sign Westbrook and Ibaka when the time comes. Who knows where Jeff Green ends up but my hope is TOR.

Comment

Working...
      X