Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-League Digest Reviews Alabi Games

Not that it is a surprise, but he needs work:

Soloman Alabi, Erie BayHawks (Toronto Raptors)
    I had the chance to see both of Alabi’s performances in person. He uses his height and length very well on the defensive end of the floor (9 blocks in two games, including 7 in an opening night 38-point win). Offensively is where he has struggled. In two games, he’s shot just 5-16 from the field (31 percent) against a Springfield defensive front that did not have the size to match up with him. The Armor showed the blueprint for stopping him is to body him on the block, where Alabi did not seem consistent or confident in his post-up game. He’s also averaging a solid but not spectacular 7.5 rebounds, but I think that number would improve with some added strength.

http://dleaguedigest.com/2010/11/24/...son-struggles/
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

I don't think the offense will ever be there based on everything I've seen and read. However, I also don't think that when he was drafted they were looking for a guy who can sink buckets.

Comment

From what I've seen, he does have potential offensively. Far from a poor free throw shooter, he even hit a few 15-footers in the pre-season IIRC. If he can get stronger and learn to back people down, he has the touch to throw it in the hoop. Worst case he's a Samuel Dalembert (offensively), but I think he could also be much better than Sammy. Only time will tell I guess.

Comment

yeah i don't recall him being drafted for his offensive prowess at all.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
        X