Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: When Davis Stars Playing How Will the Minutes Between the #4 and #5 Be Allocated?

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default When Davis Stars Playing How Will the Minutes Between the #4 and #5 Be Allocated?

    Here are the MPG season to date

    Bargnani----35
    Evans-------27
    Johnson-----20----He has been averaging 23 mpg over the last 10.
    Andersen----14

    It adds to more than 96 total minutes because some players have DNPs and Kleiza has played a bit at the #4. Keeping in mind that Triano has said that with the departure of Andersen he will play Kleiza more mpg at the #4 than he has been doing.

    Also who will guard opposing centers when Bargnani is not on the court? In the last game with Andersen gone Johnson and Evans played together with Johnson I believe defending against the the center position. So who will guard the opponents center when Davis gets up to speed and he and Johnson are on the court together?

    By the all-star break this is my guess on how the minutes will break down

    Center
    ---------
    Bargnani----35
    Johnson----13

    PF
    ------------
    Davis-------20
    Johnson----12
    Evans-------9
    Kleiza-------7

    Totals For Each Player
    ----------------------
    Bargnani-----35
    Johnson-----25 ----He has been averaging 23 mpg over the last 10.
    Davis--------20
    Evans--------9
    Kleiza--------7
    --------------------
    Total--------96
    ================

    If Davis can work his way up to 30 mpg then I see something like this


    Totals For Each Player
    ----------------------
    Bargnani-----35
    Davis--------30
    Johnson-----25
    Kleiza--------6
    --------------------
    Total--------96
    ================
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,087
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good question. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. Personally I don't think Evans makes it to the All-Star game and if he does, I don't think he makes it past the trade deadline. We'll see, of course.

    The C position is a big concern - especially considering Bargnani is really the only C left on the roster besides Alabi who is not ready to play meaningful minutes.

    It appears SAC has been looking for a PG with Thompson and I doubt it happens. There are not alot of young PG's out there who are available it would appear. What about this idea to shore up the Raps at C:

    J. Wright for Thompson?

    SAC are extremely weak for depth on the wings with only Garcia, A. Wright, and Greene backing up Evans and Casspi (although Westphal appears to be playing every possible combination of starting line ups again this year).

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Good question. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. Personally I don't think Evans makes it to the All-Star game and if he does, I don't think he makes it past the trade deadline. We'll see, of course.

    The C position is a big concern - especially considering Bargnani is really the only C left on the roster besides Alabi who is not ready to play meaningful minutes.

    It appears SAC has been looking for a PG with Thompson and I doubt it happens. There are not alot of young PG's out there who are available it would appear. What about this idea to shore up the Raps at C:

    J. Wright for Thompson?

    SAC are extremely weak for depth on the wings with only Garcia, A. Wright, and Greene backing up Evans and Casspi (although Westphal appears to be playing every possible combination of starting line ups again this year).
    It depends how well Johnson and Davis play together as to whether BC will look for a bigger body, than what is currently available on the Raptors roster to play behind Bargnani. If Johnson and Davis can play well together no need to get a bigger body to back up Bargnani.

    With Johnson and Davis together Triano can go zone. Johnson can also guard a number of the centers in league. He has guarded players like Brook Lopez and Glenn Davis, who weighs 285 with some degree of success. Remember, most teams do not have a powerhouse low post scorer as their backup center.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,087
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Very true.

    But the idea of Thompson, given there is Weems, Kleiza, DD, Barbosa, and now Peja available to play the wings minutes for Wright may become even more scarce.

    Would you trade Wright straight up for Thompson?

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Very true.

    But the idea of Thompson, given there is Weems, Kleiza, DD, Barbosa, and now Peja available to play the wings minutes for Wright may become even more scarce.

    Would you trade Wright straight up for Thompson?
    It depends how well Johnson and Davis can play together.

    In addition I don't think that this Thompson rumor of being traded and specifically to the Raptors has ever gathered legs.

    I think it is more of a wishlist trade by some on this forum.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Unless Davis rebounds at a TORRID pace, I can't see Evans losing out on that many minutes. Dudes keeping near the top in rebounding by him self.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,087
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    It depends how well Johnson and Davis can play together.

    In addition I don't think that this Thompson rumor of being traded and specifically to the Raptors has ever gathered legs.

    I think it is more of a wishlist trade by some on this forum.
    Where the rumour started was in an article about him where PHX, TOR, and a couple of other teams inquired when SAC started making phone calls.

    It is obvious the guy has talent and it is obvious SAC has other talent they are placing ahead of him this year despite his play the last two seasons.

    Anything about him coming here is speculation - of course. That is why I'm typing about it on a Raptors blog.

    Anyways, I asked your opinion and you give it - thanks.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Where the rumour started was in an article about him where PHX, TOR, and a couple of other teams inquired when SAC started making phone calls.

    It is obvious the guy has talent and it is obvious SAC has other talent they are placing ahead of him this year despite his play the last two seasons.

    Anything about him coming here is speculation - of course. That is why I'm typing about it on a Raptors blog.

    Anyways, I asked your opinion and you give it - thanks.
    Can you provide the link to the article on those calls.

    I don't remember reading that BC actually called inquiring.

    What I do know is this.

    The writers and bloggers who cover the Kings have this habit of creating rumors based upon their personal wishlist trade, where in fact nothing is going on. In the meantime these rumors make the national sports wire and go from there. In this case whatever rumor there was has apparently died out at least for now.

    My guess is that what happened here is that a Kings writer/blogger started the talk of moving Thompson since Dalembert was starting at center and with the drafting of Cousins Thompson saw his minutes drop.

    I really don't think that there is anything to it at this point.

    However if you can provide the "phone call link" to the article(s), I might think a little differently about the possibility of Thompson being traded to Toronto after reading the article.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,087
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Can you provide the link to the article on those calls.

    I don't remember reading that BC actually called inquiring.

    What I do know is this.

    The writers and bloggers who cover the Kings have this habit of creating rumors based upon their personal wishlist trade, where in fact nothing is going on. In the meantime these rumors make the national sports wire and go from there. In this case whatever rumor there was has apparently died out at least for now.

    My guess is that what happened here is that a Kings writer/blogger started the talk of moving Thompson since Dalembert was starting at center and with the drafting of Cousins Thompson saw his minutes drop.

    I really don't think that there is anything to it at this point.

    However if you can provide the "phone call link" to the article(s), I might think a little differently about the possibility of Thompson being traded to Toronto after reading the article.
    Can't find it after a quick google. Pretty sure there were a couple of HoopsHype.com or HoopsWorld.com references with all the teams needing size inquiring: PHX, CHA, TOR, and IND.

    There is no doubt SAC are shopping Thompson. There are too many articles for there to be no truth to it. However, as for him going to TOR, that is most definitely speculation based on a couple of 'writers' rumors.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's not looking good for Reggie. Maybe he knows it, thus he has been playing a lot better. Not only rebounding.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Halifax/Toronto
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Davis

    Although I am jacked to see Davis make his Raptors debut, He IS a rookie and Triano is smarter then to just hand him alot of minutes right away....But a 4 man front rotation of Bargs, Evans, Amir, and Davis ain't bad. It is hard for me to think that Evans can keep this pace up though

    but there are only 96 minutes available so I could see it like this when ED gets back

    Bargs 33
    Evans 28ish
    Amir 23ish (foul pending)
    Davis 12ish

    Rookies need to earn there minutes and it's not like hes coming back fresh this need injury has taken awhile to heal
    Last edited by Pureraptors; Thu Nov 25th, 2010 at 09:36 AM. Reason: add more

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •