Reggie Evans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie Evans

i think everyone going to agree with me but reggie evans stock value has increased ALOT and thats good for us come trade deadline for a team who needs rebouding and toughness come playoff time. maybe we can get some young core players at the deadline with peja and reggie being dealt

South_Side_Jane wrote: View Post
    i think everyone going to agree with me but reggie evans stock value has increased ALOT and thats good for us come trade deadline for a team who needs rebouding and toughness come playoff time. maybe we can get some young core players at the deadline with peja and reggie being dealt
    Peja didn't do anything to hurt his stock either. 3mins 7 points at the end of the first half.

Comment

I wouldn't want to trade Reggie. You need a guy like that on your team at all times. He rebounds well, is tough-doesn't take shit from anybody, just a solid guy. He's the type of teammate the Raps need on the court and in the locker room.

BC has got to resign dude-at a reasonable price of course. We don't need another Amir 3000 debacle come contract time.

Comment

Reggie is an absolute pleasure to watch. I enjoy watching good basketball, hence why the hell would you want to trade him? These guys are rolling and playing awesome, I don't understand why you would want to trade the centerpiece of a winning team? To hear a thread like this is baffling, and again probably from somebody who cares about the paper dynamics of basketball rather then the actual basketball game itself.

Comment

I'd like Reggie to stay with this team regardless. Back when we traded Jason Kapono for Reggie, I kinda knew we'd get the better end of the trade. He addresses toughness, take no slack from anyone type of attitude and I'd even consider him the 'glue guy' for this team. BUT if we can get a good deal out there, then we should go ahead and pull that trigger. He just seems like a perfect fit for Bargnani's lack of rebounding... Heck he's rebounding for the both of them.
          #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

he is not the future of this team, bc knows that, he's playing for a contract right now. due to the fact we still have Joey Dorsey, similar player, more size, younger and of course cheaper. i'd rather keep dorsey and trade evans.
            Last edited by South_Side_Jane; Wed Nov 24, 2010, 11:54 PM.

Comment

IMO, Reggie is the leader of this team. His heart and energy is infectious to both his teammates and the fans. His name is chanted throughout the ACC after every board he grabs showing that the fans appriciate everything that he is doing.

One thing I will say is that I follow him on twitter and by his tweets, I think he genuinely loves being here in Toronto.

Comment

funny how you all wnated him gone...this is bipolar stuff i be talking about
                "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

There is no team that needs Reggie more than the Raptors, so why trade him?

Comment

Though I am a huge fan of Dorsey, you can't discount the intangibles and leadership that Evans has undeniably shown this season. Having traded Jack, another vocal 'leader' on the team, Evans becomes the lone Vet who can settle the Young Gunz down. Dude can't talk very well, but whatever he says, they seem to listen.

Comment

themachine wrote: View Post
                      There is no team that needs Reggie more than the Raptors, so why trade him?
                      Because his value is extremely high right know and we'll get some decent for him.

I like Evans and want him so stay but he simply isn't the future. He's 30 years old, the Raptors are tying to get younger and rebuild.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Though I am a huge fan of Dorsey, you can't discount the intangibles and leadership that Evans has undeniably shown this season. Having traded Jack, another vocal 'leader' on the team, Evans becomes the lone Vet who can settle the Young Gunz down. Dude can't talk very well, but whatever he says, they seem to listen.
                        And 1!! LOL
                        #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                          Because his value is extremely high right know and we'll get some decent for him.

I like Evans and want him so stay but he simply isn't the future. He's 30 years old, the Raptors are tying to get younger and rebuild.
                          I would rather keep an aging Reggie who is a defined rebounder, rather then have a crapshoot of young talent who don't gel with the team. Besides, having him around will make Bargs a better rebounder by osmosis.

Comment

I don't know about what the future might hold, I'll leave that to Colangelo. But in the present I enjoy watching Reggie play. How can you not love this guy? Hustle, effort ... you know that this guy leaves everything on the floor. What Buddha says may be true statwise; that is, that we are significantly worse off when Reggie is on the floor, especially when compared to Amir; but from a pure entertainment standpoint, I love to see this guy play.
                            Last edited by RaptorDan; Thu Nov 25, 2010, 01:32 AM.
                            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Comrades:

One thing I learned from my streetball days back at the Kremlin was that Reg's type of player hangs on for a long time. Such a player, so long as they keep lifting and keeps the weight down will be effective for a long time (4-5+ more years). The reason is they don't depend on speed and athleticism, but sheer hustle and effort. They can slow down, loose some vertical, and it really doesn't impact them like other players. By all means resign him as he is the team's designated badass.

Comment

Working...
                              X