Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Should Kiss Michael's Hand On One Knee 4 Saying Thumbs Down To The Jose Trade

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reggie Should Kiss Michael's Hand On One Knee 4 Saying Thumbs Down To The Jose Trade

and so should the Jose bashers and "will be gone" Raptors fans writers and bloggers.

Jose vs Jack - Yea when Jose is injured, which unfortunately has been way too often the last couple of seasons Jack is about as good as Jose.

However, when Jose is healthy Jack can't even carry Jose's International medals. Maybe he can polish them when he is sitting on the bench in the Big Easy.

If Jose had actually been traded to Charlotte.

1. Diaw would be starting at PF and Reggie would be on the bench trimming his beard.
    2. Jack would leading this team into the tank just like he did as a starter this season.

A healthy Jose is a pretty darn good PG despite his weaknesses on defense.

If fact he might even be the modern day "Magic Man". After all who else could make Evans look like he might have some kind of game of offense. Certainly not Jack.

Jose stay healthy man.

Something about these Spaniards, Pau is my favorite, in the NBA. I just really like their game and personalities. Could have something to do with the fact that some people who have known me over the years swear that I must have some Spanish DNA in me
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

i don't agree with everything you said but yeah, its probably a good thing this trade didn't go through. jack is playing pretty well in NO, and i wish nothing but the best to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i don't agree with everything you said but yeah, its probably a good thing this trade didn't go through. jack is playing pretty well in NO, and i wish nothing but the best to him.
    Jack is sucking big time in the Big Easy so far.

He cost the Hornets the game against the Clippers with his improper floor positioning on a critical play at the end of the game which led to a Hornets costly turnover.

Last night the Hornets bench was outscored by 11 points in his first half 7 minutes. Jack finished with 4 points and 0 assists in 13 terrible minutes.

That allowed he Jazz to blow the game open and they don't blow big leads at home.

Hornets were 11 - 1 before Jack. Now they are 0 - 2 with him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...gid=2010112426
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Nov 25th, 2010 at 10:38 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

hadn't seen any of the last couple games, just the one where he scored 12 in his debut. my bad, i guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez;52929[COLOR="Red" wrote:
    ]hadn't seen any of the last couple games,[/COLOR] just the one where he scored 12 in his debut. my bad, i guess.
    Not sure I understand your comment.

You say that you haven't seen his last couple game.

He has only played a couple of games for the Hornets.

Yes he put up 12 points vs the Clippers third string PG, Willie Warren, but his horrible play at the end of the game cost the Hornets the victory.

Post Thanks / Like

well alright then jarrett jack is a huge bust and should clean jose's medals. you and your bold red font sure showed me.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Not sure I understand your comment.

You say that you haven't seen his last couple game.

He has only played a couple of games for the Hornets.

Yes he put up 12 points vs the Clippers third string PG, Willie Warren, but his horrible play at the end of the game cost the Hornets the victory.
    No it wasn't. The game was lost when CP3 over thought and tried to make a tough pass and turned the ball over. If you want to blame someone else then blame Ariza for missed 2 FTs that could of tied the game.

Jack was the one who arguably saved the game for them when he stole the ball and got a fast break and got foul and hit both FTs giving the Hornets a change to win the game/tie on the 2nd last play.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    well alright then jarrett jack is a huge bust and should clean jose's medals. you and your bold red font sure showed me.
    Jack is not a bust but he cant run an offense most nights. Not in the NBA.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    No it wasn't. The game was lost when CP3 over thought and tried to make a tough pass and turned the ball over. If you want to blame someone else then blame Ariza for missed 2 FTs that could of tied the game.

Jack was the one who arguably saved the game for them when he stole the ball and got a fast break and got foul and hit both FTs giving the Hornets a change to win the game/tie on the 2nd last play.
    Go back and watch the game.

Re-watch that play and look at Jack's position on the floor which led to a congestion in the paint forcing CP3 into throw a very difficult pass that resulted in the turnover

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Go back and watch the game.

Re-watch that play and look at Jack's position on the floor which led to a congestion in the paint forcing CP3 into throw a very difficult pass that resulted in the turnover
    CP3 had a guy wide open (Belinelli?) but he didn't see him.

Post Thanks / Like

careful, the bold red font may come out

Post Thanks / Like

You would rather have Jack starting at PG, Diaw at PF and no Bayless?

Post Thanks / Like

Diaw would be starting at PF and Reggie would be on the bench trimming his beard.
    As I remember Reggie was in that trade as well. Reggie would have got his minuets in Charlotte as well.

Post Thanks / Like

and so should the Jose bashers and "will be gone" Raptors fans writers and bloggers.

Jose vs Jack - Yea when Jose is injured, which unfortunately has been way too often the last couple of seasons Jack is about as good as Jose.

However, when Jose is healthy Jack can't even carry Jose's International medals. Maybe he can polish them when he is sitting on the bench in the Big Easy.

If Jose had actually been traded to Charlotte.

1. Diaw would be starting at PF and Reggie would be on the bench trimming his beard.
    2. Jack would leading this team into the tank just like he did as a starter this season.

A healthy Jose is a pretty darn good PG despite his weaknesses on defense.

If fact he might even be the modern day "Magic Man". After all who else could make Evans look like he might have some kind of game of offense. Certainly not Jack.

Jose stay healthy man.

Something about these Spaniards, Pau is my favorite, in the NBA. I just really like their game and personalities. Could have something to do with the fact that some people who have known me over the years swear that I must have some Spanish DNA in me
    If that deal went through Chandler would be starting in the middle, Bargnani would in at the 4 with Diaw probably playing point forward at the three and mixing it up at times in the two big man positions. It would have been an alright scenario as well that I think could have lead to a similar output as now. Chandler is playing really good ball right now. All that said, things are looking better than expected, no doubt.

Post Thanks / Like

CP3 had a guy wide open (Belinelli?) but he didn't see him.
    Jack was in the wrong place on the court leading to the congestion in the paint.

The guy was not wide open. It was a difficult bounce pass in the lane in traffic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    If that deal went through Chandler would be starting in the middle, Bargnani would in at the 4 with Diaw probably playing point forward at the three and mixing it up at times in the two big man positions. It would have been an alright scenario as well that I think could have lead to a similar output as now. Chandler is playing really good ball right now. All that said, things are looking better than expected, no doubt.
    Right and Reggie would have been on the end of the bench anyway you want to guess what the starting unit would have looked like, Your guess or mine. However, we both agree that Reggie would not have been starting.

Some thought the Raptors are looking better than expected.

They will continue to get better this season once Davis gets up to speed and Bayless learns the playbook.

No way going forward that Johnson will continue to lead the second unit in Assists game in and game out having as many Assists last night as the rest of the entire bench. four in only 22 minutes and only one turnover to boot.

Raptors Republic Rookie pistol pete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For the time being, I'm ok with Jose, Bayless (and Barbosa).
    And if Belinelli and Jack play well in NO, I'm happy too, because I like them. On the other hand, when Bosh stinks a smile tends to appear in my face....

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

wow this is a very very hard analysis to do.

Chandler/Bargnani/Diaw/Derozan/Jack most likely a playoff team. Everybody's knacking on Diaw for being out of shape, but he's a stats stuffer. He always seems to be at the right place at the right time. And with Chandler manning the middle with Bargs, probably would be one of the best frontcourts in the league.

But with Bargs/Evans/Weems/Derozan/Calderon very exciting basketball and getting Bayless, looks like theyre getting ready for the future.

Cap space would probably be the same for the summer since Chandler's 15mil will be off the books plus evans' 6 and banks' 5.

Hard to choose but ill probably go with the 1st.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    wow this is a very very hard analysis to do.

Chandler/Bargnani/Diaw/Derozan/Jack most likely a playoff team. Everybody's knacking on Diaw for being out of shape, but he's a stats stuffer. He always seems to be at the right place at the right time. And with Chandler manning the middle with Bargs, probably would be one of the best frontcourts in the league.

But with Bargs/Evans/Weems/Derozan/Calderon very exciting basketball and getting Bayless, looks like theyre getting ready for the future.

Cap space would probably be the same for the summer since Chandler's 15mil will be off the books plus evans' 6 and banks' 5.

Hard to choose but ill probably go with the 1st.
    No way the Raptors make the playoffs with Jack as their starting PG. Jack has never even been in the playoffs, yet alone lead his team into the playoffs. Jack didn't even win in college.

I have some doubts that when the dust clears in the Big Easy at the end of this season whether the Hornets will be in the playoffs now that Jack is CP3's backup.

Bayless will be far better than Jack in a season or two.

Davis will better than Reggie. With Chandler and Diaw Davis would have gotten fewer court minutes then he will be getting now once he gets up to speed. So his development would have been a lot slower.

This trade that didn't happen and the subsequent acquisition of Bayless that would not have happened had Jose been dealt will turn the deal with Charlotte that didn't happen into one of the best pieces of good fortune that BC has had as the Raptors GM up to this point

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No way the Raptors make the playoffs with Jack as their starting PG. Jack has never even been in the playoffs, yet alone lead his team into the playoffs. Jack didn't even win in college.

I have some doubts that when the dust clears in the Big Easy at the end of this season whether the Hornets will be in the playoffs now that Jack is CP3's backup.

Bayless will be far better than Jack in a season or two.

Davis will better than Reggie. With Chandler and Diaw Davis would have gotten fewer court minutes then he will be getting now once he gets up to speed. So his development would have been a lot slower.

This trade that didn't happen and the subsequent acquisition of Bayless that would not have happened had Jose been dealt will turn the deal with Charlotte that didn't happen into one of the best pieces of good fortune that BC has had as the Raptors GM up to this point
    I think Jack could do it, everybody's just hung up on the games he had prior to being traded. I think he probably got wind of that trade and he just went crazy. On the flipside, we dont want a player like that, specially a PG who lets outside distractions affect his play. I think he couldve led the team to the playoffs if he was stable and sane, but youre probably right about having him on the team may not be worth the risk.

no doubt davis will be better than reggie. im just worried putting him out there right away hopefully doesnt aggravate his injury. specially with the raps up-tempo bball, hopefully he doesnt push too hard and get re-injured and hinder his development.

my side here is on experience, closing out games and holding on to leads. youd get a good mix of young ones and veterans and thats usually a recipe for immediate success.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information