Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reggie Should Kiss Michael's Hand On One Knee 4 Saying Thumbs Down To The Jose Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    If that deal went through Chandler would be starting in the middle, Bargnani would in at the 4 with Diaw probably playing point forward at the three and mixing it up at times in the two big man positions. It would have been an alright scenario as well that I think could have lead to a similar output as now. Chandler is playing really good ball right now. All that said, things are looking better than expected, no doubt.
    Right and Reggie would have been on the end of the bench anyway you want to guess what the starting unit would have looked like, Your guess or mine. However, we both agree that Reggie would not have been starting.

Some thought the Raptors are looking better than expected.

They will continue to get better this season once Davis gets up to speed and Bayless learns the playbook.

No way going forward that Johnson will continue to lead the second unit in Assists game in and game out having as many Assists last night as the rest of the entire bench. four in only 22 minutes and only one turnover to boot.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

For the time being, I'm ok with Jose, Bayless (and Barbosa).
      And if Belinelli and Jack play well in NO, I'm happy too, because I like them. On the other hand, when Bosh stinks a smile tends to appear in my face....

Comment

wow this is a very very hard analysis to do.

Chandler/Bargnani/Diaw/Derozan/Jack most likely a playoff team. Everybody's knacking on Diaw for being out of shape, but he's a stats stuffer. He always seems to be at the right place at the right time. And with Chandler manning the middle with Bargs, probably would be one of the best frontcourts in the league.

But with Bargs/Evans/Weems/Derozan/Calderon very exciting basketball and getting Bayless, looks like theyre getting ready for the future.

Cap space would probably be the same for the summer since Chandler's 15mil will be off the books plus evans' 6 and banks' 5.

Hard to choose but ill probably go with the 1st.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
          wow this is a very very hard analysis to do.

Chandler/Bargnani/Diaw/Derozan/Jack most likely a playoff team. Everybody's knacking on Diaw for being out of shape, but he's a stats stuffer. He always seems to be at the right place at the right time. And with Chandler manning the middle with Bargs, probably would be one of the best frontcourts in the league.

But with Bargs/Evans/Weems/Derozan/Calderon very exciting basketball and getting Bayless, looks like theyre getting ready for the future.

Cap space would probably be the same for the summer since Chandler's 15mil will be off the books plus evans' 6 and banks' 5.

Hard to choose but ill probably go with the 1st.
          No way the Raptors make the playoffs with Jack as their starting PG. Jack has never even been in the playoffs, yet alone lead his team into the playoffs. Jack didn't even win in college.

I have some doubts that when the dust clears in the Big Easy at the end of this season whether the Hornets will be in the playoffs now that Jack is CP3's backup.

Bayless will be far better than Jack in a season or two.

Davis will better than Reggie. With Chandler and Diaw Davis would have gotten fewer court minutes then he will be getting now once he gets up to speed. So his development would have been a lot slower.

This trade that didn't happen and the subsequent acquisition of Bayless that would not have happened had Jose been dealt will turn the deal with Charlotte that didn't happen into one of the best pieces of good fortune that BC has had as the Raptors GM up to this point
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            No way the Raptors make the playoffs with Jack as their starting PG. Jack has never even been in the playoffs, yet alone lead his team into the playoffs. Jack didn't even win in college.

I have some doubts that when the dust clears in the Big Easy at the end of this season whether the Hornets will be in the playoffs now that Jack is CP3's backup.

Bayless will be far better than Jack in a season or two.

Davis will better than Reggie. With Chandler and Diaw Davis would have gotten fewer court minutes then he will be getting now once he gets up to speed. So his development would have been a lot slower.

This trade that didn't happen and the subsequent acquisition of Bayless that would not have happened had Jose been dealt will turn the deal with Charlotte that didn't happen into one of the best pieces of good fortune that BC has had as the Raptors GM up to this point
            I think Jack could do it, everybody's just hung up on the games he had prior to being traded. I think he probably got wind of that trade and he just went crazy. On the flipside, we dont want a player like that, specially a PG who lets outside distractions affect his play. I think he couldve led the team to the playoffs if he was stable and sane, but youre probably right about having him on the team may not be worth the risk.

no doubt davis will be better than reggie. im just worried putting him out there right away hopefully doesnt aggravate his injury. specially with the raps up-tempo bball, hopefully he doesnt push too hard and get re-injured and hinder his development.

my side here is on experience, closing out games and holding on to leads. youd get a good mix of young ones and veterans and thats usually a recipe for immediate success.

Comment

It is really hard to guess what could of or would have happened. Jose has played much more inspired and confident basketball since Jack left - maybe Jack would have done the same. We do not know what happened behind the scenes but it is quite obvious that something changed with Jack early this season.

As for hindsight on what has happened, I am in total agreement things could not have worked out better. With that said, going forward I would love to see 2 things happen:

1) get rid of Calderon's contract - that is going to be a killer under the new CBA (just my opinion there and sorry to the Jose fans but he is just not worth $9.7M and $10.5M the next 2 seasons).
              2) by All-Star break, Davis is playing more than Evans.

*EDIT*

Actually for 1) one of Barbosa or Calderon has to go. A good rookie PG on a rookie contract would be alright with Calderon as Calderon would be there to ensure stability. Plus the average of a rookie contract and Calderon's contract might be more tolerable than Jose on his own.

Comment

starting chandler and bargs would have been a nice front court, however i think i live the subsequent move, getting bayless and peja more

Comment

First of all, if the trade had gone through we'd have CHANDLER who's playing amazing and would fit like a glove next to Bargnani... so, that would have been nice

Also, REGGIE WAS IN THE DEAL! So I doubt he'd be on our bench...

Finally, saying Jack lost the game for New Orleans because he congested the lane and their all star PG threw the ball away is pretty silly.

Comment

Dan wrote: View Post
                    First of all, if the trade had gone through we'd have CHANDLER who's playing amazing and would fit like a glove next to Bargnani... so, that would have been nice

Also, REGGIE WAS IN THE DEAL! So I doubt he'd be on our bench...

Finally, saying Jack lost the game for New Orleans because he congested the lane and their all star PG threw the ball away is pretty silly.
                    I was just about to say that! REGGIE WAS GOING TO GO WITH JOSE. (notice the caps)
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                    X