Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reggie Should Kiss Michael's Hand On One Knee 4 Saying Thumbs Down To The Jose Trade

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It is really hard to guess what could of or would have happened. Jose has played much more inspired and confident basketball since Jack left - maybe Jack would have done the same. We do not know what happened behind the scenes but it is quite obvious that something changed with Jack early this season.

As for hindsight on what has happened, I am in total agreement things could not have worked out better. With that said, going forward I would love to see 2 things happen:

1) get rid of Calderon's contract - that is going to be a killer under the new CBA (just my opinion there and sorry to the Jose fans but he is just not worth $9.7M and $10.5M the next 2 seasons).
    2) by All-Star break, Davis is playing more than Evans.

*EDIT*

Actually for 1) one of Barbosa or Calderon has to go. A good rookie PG on a rookie contract would be alright with Calderon as Calderon would be there to ensure stability. Plus the average of a rookie contract and Calderon's contract might be more tolerable than Jose on his own.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

starting chandler and bargs would have been a nice front court, however i think i live the subsequent move, getting bayless and peja more

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, if the trade had gone through we'd have CHANDLER who's playing amazing and would fit like a glove next to Bargnani... so, that would have been nice

Also, REGGIE WAS IN THE DEAL! So I doubt he'd be on our bench...

Finally, saying Jack lost the game for New Orleans because he congested the lane and their all star PG threw the ball away is pretty silly.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dan wrote: View Post
    First of all, if the trade had gone through we'd have CHANDLER who's playing amazing and would fit like a glove next to Bargnani... so, that would have been nice

Also, REGGIE WAS IN THE DEAL! So I doubt he'd be on our bench...

Finally, saying Jack lost the game for New Orleans because he congested the lane and their all star PG threw the ball away is pretty silly.
    I was just about to say that! REGGIE WAS GOING TO GO WITH JOSE. (notice the caps)
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Thread Information