Bosh Not A Factor In Bayless Decision Not To Wear No. 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Not A Factor In Bayless Decision Not To Wear No. 4

Jerryd Bayless is wearing No. 5 for the Raptors, though he could have worn the No. 4, which he donned for the Blazers.

Bosh wore No. 4 between 2003 and 2010 for Toronto.

“Didn’t even think about that,” Bayless said when asked if he chose not to wear No. 4 because of Bosh.

“Three plus two,” Bayless said, referring to the No. 32 jersey he briefly wore with the Hornets. “Fresh start.”

Via Globe and Mail
    In addition to being talented, Bayless is a smart guy for a number of reasons including his DNA.

I for one am very excited that he is now wearing a Raptors uniform
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Jose and Bayless will eventually be fighting for the starting PG job, but unlike the previous two, Bayless will thoroughly outduel Jose, mark my words.

Comment

bayless had a look in his eye when he was on the floor last night that was hard to describe... kobe-like?

not to say he's on kobe's level or anything... but the kinda look that said "if you're walking towards me on the sidewalk, you better cross the street"

may be nothing... but i tend to notice player mannerisms like that after years of watching VCs sad puppy dog face when he started to be afraid of contact in the paint

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
        bayless had a look in his eye when he was on the floor last night that was hard to describe... kobe-like?

not to say he's on kobe's level or anything... but the kinda look that said "if you're walking towards me on the sidewalk, you better cross the street"

may be nothing... but i tend to notice player mannerisms like that after years of watching VCs sad puppy dog face when he started to be afraid of contact in the paint
        He had that look when he played at Arizona.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I don't think anyone is or should be hesitant about wearing #4. What Chris Bosh did in Toronto was not on the level of greatness. He was a very good player who quit. Time to move on. Give the number to some scrub on the end of the bench for all I care.

Comment

he will die by the pump fake...

Comment

Actually if that was his number previously he should have taken it...unless he is the superstitious type and indeed did it with the "fresh start" motivation. CB after all chose #1 in Miami. Wonder what went into that...new start, old number or just plain narcissism.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                Jose and Bayless will eventually be fighting for the starting PG job, but unlike the previous two, Bayless will thoroughly outduel Jose, mark my words.
                I don't know about that just Yet. I mean Jose has survived TJ and Jarrett. Surviving bayless would be like basic training for him.
                What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
                  I don't know about that just Yet. I mean Jose has survived TJ and Jarrett. Surviving bayless would be like basic training for him.
                  Give it two years, if the Raptors can keep him when his rookie contract expires (he has a QO coming for 2012-13) and lets see what is happening when Jose is 32 years old and Bayless just 24 years old.

Comment

Working...
                  X