Newest member of the Young Onez?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest member of the Young Onez?

Bayless is clearly a stud who with playing time can develop into a solid player. He definitely has the fire and competitiveness, and is poised to be the first PG and leader of the Young Onez and Raptors. I have no doubt in my mind that when he begins to learn the "playbook" and tendencies of players, he will outplay calderon for more minutes. Agree? or disagree?

Also, 4th member of the Young Gunz?!! He's two years younger than Weems and has ties with Derozan. Yes?

yeah sorry, im just hella excited and been a big bayless fan since he was a rookie lol
    Last edited by c.e.; Thu Nov 25, 2010, 04:53 PM.

c.e. wrote: View Post
    Bayless is clearly a stud who with playing time can develop into a solid player. He definitely has the fire and competitiveness, and is poised to be the first PG and leader of the Young Onez and Raptors. I have no doubt in my mind that when he begins to learn the "playbook" and tendencies of players, he will outplay calderon for more minutes. Agree? or disagree?

Also, 4th member of the Young Gunz?!! He's two years younger than Weems and has ties with Derozan. Yes?
    He can more than just a solid player in my opinion. Just saying

I am just happy that he is a member of the Raptors. That works for me.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

This really is the best situation Bayless has entered into. Before now he was on two pre-established teams and he had a short leash. Not so here. He has room to breath and doesn't need to be looking over his should every time he makes a mistake.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        This really is the best situation Bayless has entered into. Before now he was on two pre-established teams and he had a short leash. Not so here. He has room to breath and doesn't need to be looking over his should every time he makes a mistake.
        +1

Apollo my friend, you are on a roll today.

Keep it up.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

So....*ahem*...is it safe to say that BC did a good job, this time? Y'know, since alot of people want/wanted his head, even jus' days ago. Lmao.
          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Never in a million years would the Nets make that trade. And the Raps shouldn't give up on DD just yet. Let's find out what we have in him first. The number one thing we could and should do for him is bring in Dave Hopla to teach him how to shoot jump shots. He goes through phases where he's semi-confident in the jumper and releases the ball quickly and in stride, but usually he delays his release (out of a lack of confidence, me thinks) and then "flings" it from behind his head. Zero chance of falling when he does that. WE NEED HOPLA!!!

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
              Never in a million years would the Nets make that trade. And the Raps shouldn't give up on DD just yet. Let's find out what we have in him first. The number one thing we could and should do for him is bring in Dave Hopla to teach him how to shoot jump shots. He goes through phases where he's semi-confident in the jumper and releases the ball quickly and in stride, but usually he delays his release (out of a lack of confidence, me thinks) and then "flings" it from behind his head. Zero chance of falling when he does that. WE NEED HOPLA!!!
              wrong thread?

Comment

Bargs for All Star!

Oh wait...

Is this the right thread?

Comment

c.e. wrote: View Post

Yeah, pardon my french but FUCK the young onez, I'm just happy he's a member of the raptors, and thats the only group that matters to me
                  What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    wrong thread?
                    Ha, I was just there and wondering that
                    What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

REALLY? Come on now, its only been what, a season and 10something games? You're already thinking about trading DeRozan? Check Gordon out from the Clips, he hit the sophomore jinx many times last year, and see him now. I've never seen Gordon be this explosive, especially off the dribble. Just wait till DeRozan gets all the tools together. I'm sure it will not take any where close to the time Bargnani took.

Comment

Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, pardon my french but FUCK the young onez, I'm just happy he's a member of the raptors, and thats the only group that matters to me
                        +1

However, it is beneficial that they have built up a solid relationship among the three of them.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          +1

Apollo my friend, you are on a roll today.

Keep it up.
                          Break out the salami and cheese because this one is over!

Comment

The Raptors are finally buidling a basketball team. I love it. I hope they don't kill it all by bringng in a 'star' max contract with the expiring and tpe. Davis hasn't even hit the floor yet ... just wait until his shot blocking is brought into the mix! Let them grow together. Just as an aside.... Given Bargnani's increased confidence and increased consistent play, do you think its time for the "IL MAGO" chant a la "REGGIE". We should show him some love.

Comment

I think Bayless needs to start only because he's better suited to defend other PG's in the league, meanwhile Jose off the bench would give us a major upper hand against opposing second units.

steps wrote: View Post
                              The Raptors are finally buidling a basketball team. I love it. I hope they don't kill it all by bringng in a 'star' max contract with the expiring and tpe. Davis hasn't even hit the floor yet ... just wait until his shot blocking is brought into the mix! Let them grow together. Just as an aside.... Given Bargnani's increased confidence and increased consistent play, do you think its time for the "IL MAGO" chant a la "REGGIE". We should show him some love.
                              Hell no! Other than scoring what else is Bargs doing? Maybe if he was scoring 35 or 40+ the last few games...
                              Last edited by nubreed000; Fri Nov 26, 2010, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X