Biggest Difference Between This Year And Last Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Difference Between This Year And Last Year

To me it seems like the biggest difference with this years squad is that they are showing Triano respect, buying into his system, and working hard for him. We don't have to worry about the egos of Bosh and Turk discrediting the system. Its really awesome to see what Triano is capable as a coach, and starting to get respect around the league.

For me the biggest difference is effort. If they are down by 15 in first half, they don't hang they head down. They come back and fight. I remember last year so many times I couldn't sit through the whole game becasue I didn't see that effort from them. this year the only game that I gave up on was Utah, which I regreted the day after.

Comment

AJM wrote: View Post
      For me the biggest difference is effort. If they are down by 15 in first half, they don't hang they head down. They come back and fight. I remember last year so many times I couldn't sit through the whole game becasue I didn't see that effort from them. this year the only game that I gave up on was Utah, which I regreted the day after.
      Could not have said it better my self.

We have confident team which I think we havent had in a while.

Comment

I think it also comes down to the fact that whoever helps this team win, will get the credit for that win. It won't come down to "Bosh has a big game, rest contribute". It's "Raptors win", which I think would be pretty cool for some of these younger guys.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
          To me it seems like the biggest difference with this years squad is that they are showing Triano respect, buying into his system, and working hard for him. We don't have to worry about the egos of Bosh and Turk discrediting the system. Its really awesome to see what Triano is capable as a coach, and starting to get respect around the league.
          I agree. "Effort" suddenly doesn't occur in a vacuum. There had to be mitigating circumstances...coaching familiarity, addition of PJ and a more clearly defined system maybe, no prima donnas in the room, BC showing he is willing to pay (Amir, Bargs, Kleiza contracts) and a young core who can see themselves together for at least 3-4 years. We'll never know for sure but how much did the team get affected by the Bosh affair after the allstar break. I still contend they knew because there was the noticeable slackoff by pretty much all after then.

Comment

All That! plus Reggie Evans

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              I agree. "Effort" suddenly doesn't occur in a vacuum. There had to be mitigating circumstances...coaching familiarity, addition of PJ and a more clearly defined system maybe, no prima donnas in the room, BC showing he is willing to pay (Amir, Bargs, Kleiza contracts) and a young core who can see themselves together for at least 3-4 years. We'll never know for sure but how much did the team get affected by the Bosh affair after the allstar break. I still contend they knew because there was the noticeable slackoff by pretty much all after then.
              I agree with both of you guys, but cannot help myself and say one of the biggest reasons of all is the dissappearance of Bosh. Everyone knew that while Bosh padded his stats, the rest of the team sat still and had no room for real growth. Everything was about Bosh, and the ball stuck in his hands waiting for him to do something. The offence flows much smoother now, everyone moves on offence and they are playing much less selfishly, which also translates into better effort on the defensive end because everyone feels like they are in the game on both ends.
              No one likes being just a defender, as it pretty much had to be last year when everyone else was supposed to work their asses off just so you could give Bosh the ball to have him hold it for half the shot clock.
              It's a much more energetic fun team to watch, and I'm sure to play for. Also you can see everyone talking to each other, and congratulating each other which never really happened with Bosh here.

Comment

I think there's an overall difference in the "swag" as Amir put its. The confidence is being instilled in them, and I think a lot of that is coming from Jay and PJ. Jay mentioned that he learned a lot from coach K about motivation this summer and its showing. The young guys have the confidence, and the opportunity to harness that and epress it in the game. There is more fight in the dog this year, and its not all bark. To see how excited Bayless is about joining this team is a reflection of everyone being on the same page this year. The message is simple, work hard. I've also noticed a difference in team chemistry in that the players (i think) have made an extra effort to include Bargnani and make him feel like more of a teammate. I think this comes down to having character guys in Weems and Amir and Reggie really directing the approach - likely something planted in their heads by Jay. Bayless will add to that ... seems like a good kid that is a team first guy. I'm more excited to watch a basketball TEAM play than to watch a low post 'star' command the ball. This is turning out to be a good season. Hope the wins keep coming.

Comment

Working...
                X