Raptors 101 @ Celtics 110 F Postgame thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors 101 @ Celtics 110 F Postgame thread

Calderon had a huge game 15 points, 15 assists 5 rebounds 4 steals and 3 turnovers. Bargs had a decent game but didn't shoot it well. Kleiza had a great game. Overall the Raptors just looked the had nothing to combat the Celtics starters, their interior D got destroyed.

Does anyone know how bad Evans injury is?

Eric Smith tweeted that its a broken foot.
    Demar looked completed out of his element tonight, not a presence or factor at all, Sonny had an awful shooting night but was still hustling, Demar just seemed to play a lot meaningless minutes.

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
      Eric Smith tweeted that its a broken foot.
      Demar looked completed out of his element tonight, not a presence or factor at all, Sonny had an awful shooting night but was still hustling, Demar just seemed to play a lot meaningless minutes.
      The one game that Johnson started vs the Heat DeRozan had 21 points.

However it would not surprise me to see Davis or even Peja starting.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Demar and Sonny were guarding Paul Pierce and Ray Allen, two of the best. This was good experience for them. Sure they sucked, but onward and upward.

Reggie was a huge blow but out of crisis comes opportunity. Someone will step up to the plate. Certainly Triano has his work cut out for him. With Reggie out, it throws the line-ups upside down. How do you think the line-ups will end up? Amir in for Reggie and off the bench Dorsey for Amir or perhaps push Kleiza up to the 4 and have Peja at the 3.

Speaking of Kleiza, he had a pretty good night while Sonny couldn't make a shot. Do you think that Kleiza might be starting again soon?
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Did anyone else felt the reason the game got out of hand was the fact that Triano did not call a time out in the beginning of the second half?! even Jack Armstrong felt he should have called a time out. I think Celtics went on a 12 to 4 run and he didn't do anything. Sometimes I feel Triano doesn't know when to call a time out and that have cost us at least a hand full of games (including last year).

Comment

AJM wrote: View Post
            Did anyone else felt the reason the game got out of hand was the fact that Triano did not call a time out in the beginning of the second half?! even Jack Armstrong felt he should have called a time out. I think Celtics went on a 12 to 4 run and he didn't do anything. Sometimes I feel Triano doesn't know when to call a time out and that have cost us at least a hand full of games (including last year).
            Actually this was one of very few games where Triano called a timeout too late, he's been consistent with "if we miss 3 straight shots and they make 3 straight, I call the boys in for a huddle" scenarios.

Today's game was on Triano, when the game started and Boston went on a run, he should have call T/O when it was 9-2, he waited till it was 19-4 and I knew after that we were not going to win this game, even after they made a comeback late in the second quarter.

Comment

That game was a test for our young squad, and despite a loss we passed with flying colours.

It wasn't a lack of effort on our part, Boston played extremely hard last night. At times I felt like it was a playoff game, both teams played with a ton of intensity.

For me it was the intensity that I loved from our squad. I would have expected us to fold it up if it were last season, what a huge difference.

Watching us be down 22 near the end of the 3rd and then cut it 8 with 7 minutes left showed my why its ok to love this team again, because they work there ass off!

I'm not sure what type of record we'll have at the end of the year, but if they play with that type of heart I don't care.
              i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
                That game was a test for our young squad, and despite a loss we passed with flying colours.

It wasn't a lack of effort on our part, Boston played extremely hard last night. At times I felt like it was a playoff game, both teams played with a ton of intensity.

For me it was the intensity that I loved from our squad. I would have expected us to fold it up if it were last season, what a huge difference.

Watching us be down 22 near the end of the 3rd and then cut it 8 with 7 minutes left showed my why its ok to love this team again, because they work there ass off!

I'm not sure what type of record we'll have at the end of the year, but if they play with that type of heart I don't care.
                I completely agree. Love watching the games this year, don't even care if we fail to win 20 games as long as everyone is putting in effort, because although it doesn't come up in the stat line, we can see it on the court and it is a lot more enjoyable for us fans to watch.

Comment

I'd throw Dorsey in first and then Amir off the bench. We do not want to spend our "energy" man early and lose our energy pacing.

Don't start Kleiza yet, unless we have a proper match up in mind.

If there is a "hamstring issue, sit out DeRozen for two games and let Sonny and Julian take the minutes and hold the fort. DeRozen has to keep healthy and watch & learn from his teammates how they assert themselves.

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post

This team's big salvation this season seems to be the ATTITUDE and work ethic. I have a problem with this whole thing because the lockout is looming and we might lose next season and it might screw our momentum.

F#% You Billy Hunter and owners!

Comment

Working...
                    X