• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 way deal with wizards and bobcats

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yfoop6b

Raptors get: Desagnia Diop and Caron Butler
    Wizards get: Raymond Felton and Antoine Wright
    Bobcats get: Jose Calderon, Rasho Nesterovic and Marco Belinelli

Why the Raptors do it? Chance to get out of Calderon's contract and role the dice with Jack and Turk/Banks to bring the ball up. Butler could be the 6th man that we need to so badly. Everyone expects Washington to blow it up soon and either Butler or Jamison can be had for expiring deals. Diop is nothing but he'll be the 4th or 5th in our big man rotation and an expiring deal next year

Why Wizards do it? Expiring contracts for Butler is what they're looking for, maybe they get some picks or cash in there as well

Why the Bobcats do it? Because they are very poorly run and Larry Brown loves to trade his players and is constantly looking for his point guard especially. Felton fell out of favor for Augistin last year and now Augistin has fallen out of favor this year. They've already made trades this season to help out the Hornets (Chandler) and Warriors (Jackson) so why not us?

The Wizards will never trade Caron Butler for anything less then an all-star, much less Antoine Walker and Raymond Felton. He is the only guy worth keeping on that team IMHO

Comment

Im not sure if Larry Brown would go for Calderon. He is adament on his players playing gritty defense. I suppose his defensive deficiencies could be hidden with SJack and Wallace on the wings and Chandler in the middle.

However, this would be a great trade for the Raptors. Having a all-star level player come off the bench, who is also known as Tuff Juice, would be a huge commodity. Also it would be another reason for Bosh to stay, since our roster would be as good as it gets (for a team without a player named Dwyane Wade).

Comment

Raps Fan wrote: View Post
        The Wizards will never trade Caron Butler for anything less then an all-star, much less Antoine Walker and Raymond Felton. He is the only guy worth keeping on that team IMHO
        I don't know if they'll get All-Star returns for Caron Butler, don't think they'll even be seeking it. Having Turkoglu and Butler is a bit redundant, unless we plan on moving Butler to the SG and have DeRozan come off the bench.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
          I don't know if they'll get All-Star returns for Caron Butler, don't think they'll even be seeking it. Having Turkoglu and Butler is a bit redundant, unless we plan on moving Butler to the SG and have DeRozan come off the bench.
          or just have him come off the bench as a sixth man to give the second unit some boast.

This is actually a good trade for the Raptors, I think the Raptors need that player off the bench that will be an instant sure offence, in order for the team to get anywhere.

I just don't see why the Wizards will be interested in Raymond Felton, he won't be fixing their problems.

Comment

Anyone who takes on Diop's contract is nuts!
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

It would be a good short-term boost to our bench, but put us in even more salary cap inflextibility and frankly, I dont think that team would be able to win a championship, so its not worth doing. I can see Larry Brown make that type of trade though, it would provide good balance between offense and defense for his team, and I think the Wiz would be reluctant to make that trade.

Good idea though

Comment

Working...
              X