Toronto and Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto and Memphis

If there's a team out there needing some financial relief, it would be our friends in Memphis. For the record, I like Demar but him being thrusted onto the starting line-up for the second year in a row is hurting his game. Having said that, we need to continue to rebuild. Mayo is a player of interest. He's a legitimate 2 that can hurt opponents in so many ways. Would it make sense to bring him here?

What's in it for Memphis? Well the move to bring Mayo off the bench is not just for basketball reasons but for money reasons too. If his contract is up, it would be much more easier for him to negotiate a better contract if he's a starter than a bench player. Heck, he can average 20 pts off the bench, win the 6th man award and still not command as much money as starters. That said, they are going to have a problem securing the likes of Randolph and Gasol.

If they get Demar, he's a player with a massive ceiling, Julian is serviceable too and fits that hustle / bang mentality of Memphis.

Trade Machine

Any thoughts?
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    If there's a team out there needing some financial relief, it would be our friends in Memphis. For the record, I like Demar but him being thrusted onto the starting line-up for the second year in a row is hurting his game. Having said that, we need to continue to rebuild. Mayo is a player of interest. He's a legitimate 2 that can hurt opponents in so many ways. Would it make sense to bring him here?

What's in it for Memphis? Well the move to bring Mayo off the bench is not just for basketball reasons but for money reasons too. If his contract is up, it would be much more easier for him to negotiate a better contract if he's a starter than a bench player. Heck, he can average 20 pts off the bench, win the 6th man award and still not command as much money as starters. That said, they are going to have a problem securing the likes of Randolph and Gasol.

If they get Demar, he's a player with a massive ceiling, Julian is serviceable too and fits that hustle / bang mentality of Memphis.

Trade Machine

Any thoughts?
    That would be a very interesting trade. I do not see Julian with the Raptors past this season. Essentially it would be Mayo for DD.

I would strongly consider this and lean towards it. My hesitation is Mayo is also struggling this year. I think both teams would be best served to give them more time.

Good trade. The only thing I can think of lately is Jeff Green - lol.

Comment

Working...
    X