Thread: International Lineup

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default International Lineup

This might be a stupid question but was last night the first time an NBA team has ever put on an entire international lineup on the floor?

We had:

Jose - PG
    Barbosa - SG
    Peja- SF
    Kleiza - PF
    Bargs - C

And for the record that lineup worked pretty well.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering the same thing last night... I imagine it couldn't have been, but I can't think of which team would have done it.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    This might be a stupid question but was last night the first time an NBA team has ever put on an entire international lineup on the floor?

We had:

Jose - PG
    Barbosa - SG
    Peja- SF
    Kleiza - PF
    Bargs - C

And for the record that lineup worked pretty well.
    IDK but I highly doubt it.

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be the Sacremento Kings back when they had Peja, Divac, Turkeypoo and i dont remember what other internationals they had.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    My guess would be the Sacremento Kings back when they had Peja, Divac, Turkeypoo and i dont remember what other internationals they had.
    im pretty sure the only non-americans they had were those 3

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

It's was an interesting lineup and seemed like a bit of a desperation move by Triano but they really shot their way back into the game. I'd hate to see that unit playing in a close game, but down 20, why not? I thought they were more balanced when Triano subbed Bargs off for Johnson.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If that's the way they going to use peja he needs to go fast.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah employee, I was wondering the same thing. It was certainly unique and seemed to work pretty well. At last the American broadcasters can be justified in saying we play European ball (i realise that barbosa is brazilian.) It would always piss me off when they said that in the past when we had less european players on the raptors than on other teams. But a non-US line-up is a first as far I could find out.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Raptors Republic Rookie pistol pete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a rather startling lineup, more so because they fought back into the game. I hope that sooner or later there'll be some canadian player in the mix, just to show those US media what happens outside their backyard

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

That lineup is one I'd like to see again just to see if they could replicate the excitement of such a nice run.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is kind of a big deal if it was the first wasn't it? You would think the NBA would be braggin like hell about how international their game is.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    This is kind of a big deal if it was the first wasn't it? You would think the NBA would be braggin like hell about how international their game is.
    I think that lineup would have to start before the NBA or anyone outside of Toronto would take notice.

Unless you are a candidate for 6th man of the year, no one except for home team fans cares who comes off the bench.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I think that lineup would have to start before the NBA or anyone outside of Toronto would take notice.

Unless you are a candidate for 6th man of the year, no one except for home team fans cares who comes off the bench.
    Barbosa, Weems/Kleiza and Johnson all have a slight shot at sixth man award...

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The closest i could think of was the 07-08 suns could potentially put nash, barbosa, giricek, diaw, and sean marks on the floor at the same time.... i highly doubt they ever would have though

Thread Information