Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith: Raptors Might Be Working on a Deal ... MIGHT

This according to Doug and which also ties into Pops week/2 week extension:

So they went all Quincy Douby on Pops, extending his contract guarantee day to Jan. 5 from yesterday.

Three ways to see it, and all are being considered and thought about inside the organization, I’m hearing.

One, like Quincy, they’re trying to find him another job to help him out; Quincy found a gig in Turkey in the two weeks he was in Raptors limbo.

Two, they might be working on a deal – MIGHT, and I don’t know anything about anything specific – and a cheap contract may be ballast.

Three, there are people who wonder if he shouldn’t play a bit more, although that’s a big minority. There is no room for him in a 10-man rotation, as we all know.

Anyway, no idea how it’ll shake out, it’s certainly not the most significant thing to think about but there’s a large amount of interest in the young fellow, as we all know.

One thing that has nothing to do with anything, as I mentioned to a fellow over in the comments section, is Reggie Evans.

No way does this mean Reggie’s going to be ready the first week of January. He hasn’t done anything full speed on the court, he’s still got some work to do on the foot and you’re still looking at mid-January as a best guess.
    Source - Click here
Working...
X