Johnson Plays His 20 Minutes Including A Few In Garbage Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Plays His 20 Minutes Including A Few In Garbage Time

He stunk it up today but he played his 20 minutes + 1 including some garbage minutes

I guess if Triano insists on bringing him off the bench then Johnson is pretty much telling Triano that he will give him 20 - 25 mpg no more. Two early reaching fouls which Johnson knows by now will draw fouls got him an early seat in the first quarter and limited his minutes to 21.

Did some of the other Raptors players tank in support of Johnson not getting the start that Triano said publicly on Friday would be his?

We will never know however, the Raptors should have played a lot better than they did.

What we do know is that Triano should have either kept his mouth shut when asked about who would start with Reggie out at the Friday post game presser and said Johnson. Then wound up publicly humiliating him by starting Dorsey.

When the Raptors starters were introduced Johnson and the regular four starters did the body contact jump, however when Dorsey was introduced Johnson just weakly extended his hand.

Triano f**ked up big time and Johnson was a jerk in response.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Yet another Triano Messing up again quote. Wow, how many times do we have to hear or read that Triano messed up before B.C. realize that he made a HUGE mistake putting him as the head coach. Geezzzzzzzzz!

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      Yahhhh, you are right. I just calculated the PER 36 for Amir and he had almost double/ double per game.

Amir has been playing bad coming off the bench and it is all Jay's fault.

Jay should reward Amir and start him and this is how Amir can just blow up and destroy the NBA.
      Look at Money Weems and how since he started for Raptors, he is just filling up the stat sheets.

Come on Jay,Look at the PER 36 and FREE AMIR 3000 . He deserves to start.

YAAAAHHHHHH
      Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Sun Nov 28, 2010, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
        Yahhhh, you are right. I just calculated the PER 36 for Amir and he had almost double/ double per game.

Amir has been playing bad coming off the bench and it is all Jay's fault.

Jay should reward Amir and start him and this is how Amir can just blow up and destroy the NBA.
        Look at Money Weems and how since he started for Raptors, he is just filling up the stat sheets.

Come on Jay,Look at the PER 36 and FREE AMIR 3000 . He deserves to start.

YAAAAHHHHHH
        these PER 36 stats u keep on about are kinda meaningless most of the time... its all based on assumption(assuming the player can keep that pace up & alot can't)& when someone has been shooting the ball like weems is its hard to keep calling him Money LOL
        Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sun Nov 28, 2010, 07:46 PM.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
          these PER 36 stats u keep on about are kinda meaningless most of the time... its all based on assumption(assuming the player can keep that pace up & alot can't)& when someone has been shooting the ball like weems is its hard to keep calling him Money LOL
          Thank God someone else realizes how silly the PER 36 is.
          And no, I don't think the other Raptors tanked. I think this is just a case of Raptors being Raptors - young, not as great as you think they are, and highly susceptible to off-days.

Comment

Well, at least they get to go to the Republik for some after game "fun". I'm sure there's enough women out there that "felt sorry" for the loss.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

He stunk it up today but he played his 20 minutes + 1 including some garbage minutes

I guess if Triano insists on bringing him off the bench then Johnson is pretty much telling Triano that he will give him 20 - 25 mpg no more. Two early reaching fouls which Johnson knows by now will draw fouls got him an early seat in the first quarter and limited his minutes to 21.

Did some of the other Raptors players tank in support of Johnson not getting the start that Triano said publicly on Friday would be his?

We will never know however, the Raptors should have played a lot better than they did.

What we do know is that Triano should have either kept his mouth shut when asked about who would start with Reggie out at the Friday post game presser and said Johnson. Then wound up publicly humiliating him by starting Dorsey.

When the Raptors starters were introduced Johnson and the regular four starters did the body contact jump, however when Dorsey was introduced Johnson just weakly extended his hand.

No offense, but the rationale here is pathetic. These guys are paid men to play the game. Since when do players tell coaches how much they will play? Since when do players tank to show support for a teammate? Sit all their @sses down if this is the case. The California bias is coming through loud and clear in this post.

I concede Triano should have said nothing until he thought about it some more or consulted with his coaches. His correct response would have been, "we'll see."

With that said, the reasoning behind starting Dorsey was very much sound - to keep the rotations in check. Just like Mayo coming off the bench for Memphis, Johnson is better served coming off the bench for Toronto given the lack of experience and depth in the front court right now. Also, his issues with fouls are well documented.

Also, Dorsey did play very well showing he was more than deserving of the start given Reggie's role and when one considers the team played arguably their worst game of the year with the exception of WSH game. He had 9 and 6 in 20 minutes and was the only Raptor not negative in +/- with 0 - same with Bayless and Wright was +5 in garbage time.

To have a temper tantrum because you're not starting is weak, shake your teammates hands in warmups and intros, cheer when they do well, support them when they do not and bust your @ss when you get a chance.

Comment

I agree that Johnson should play whatever role he's given to the best of his ability... but seeing Dorsey start over him must have stung. If I was in his place it would piss me off. He's worked hard and "earned" a contract, so why not give him the chance to earn that money (or learn a tough lesson about his role on the team) now that Reggie is out.

Also, I disagree that keeping rotations in place is enough justification to start Dorsey over Johnson. Adjustments would have to be made - but that's why the coaching staff get paid well.

Comment

skeptical wrote: View Post
                  I agree that Johnson should play whatever role he's given to the best of his ability... but seeing Dorsey start over him must have stung. If I was in his place it would piss me off. He's worked hard and "earned" a contract, so why not give him the chance to earn that money (or learn a tough lesson about his role on the team) now that Reggie is out.

Also, I disagree that keeping rotations in place is enough justification to start Dorsey over Johnson. Adjustments would have to be made - but that's why the coaching staff get paid well.
                  Talent alone does not always determine who starts.

The rotations is one issue - the more important issue is the fouls.

Earning his contract in this case is being the first Raptor big off the bench. That is what the coaches asked of him - and that's why the coaching staff gets paid well. Going out and picking up two weak reaching fouls does nothing to help his case for starting.

He may very well start in the next game but it will not be because of Dorsey's play. 9pts/6rebs and two tap outs that led to baskets is a good nights work in 20 minutes.

Comment

Are you kidding me? If he were up to stuff like that then he deserves to get dealt immediately. I think that game illustrated exactly why he has no business in the starting five. Had he started and picked up two quick fouls then the team would have been in an even more difficult situation. Bottom line, he can't be trusted and that's why he's coming off the bench. That's my take on it anyway. I would hope that he's not so childish and egocentric that he would go out and try and derail the team all to try and prove some point that really would only be detrimental to his relationship with the coaches and his aspirations of being somebody in the NBA.

Comment

bottom line, anybody but Dorsey should be starting on wednesday, honestly I`m split with Johnson and Davis but I don`t really care, just keep Dorsey out of the rotation!

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                        bottom line, anybody but Dorsey should be starting on wednesday, honestly I`m split with Johnson and Davis but I don`t really care, just keep Dorsey out of the rotation!
                        Why? In the 2 games he's been given any minutes this year (ATL and MIA) he had 11pts and 2pts, 6 rebs and 11 rebs, 0TO and 1TO, he shot 1-1 and 4-6, in 16 and 20 mins?

Is he a starter long term? No. Can he be a useful rotational player? I think so.

Comment

Working...
                        X