We need a New Head Coach!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    In the 15 seasons I've been watching the Raptors, we've pretty much been defined as a doormat team. The only teams that brought some fight were the ones with Oak and Garb. Our team this year has a lot of young inexperienced players and we have been playing that way. If our team was chuck full of wily veterans then yes, you can then maybe blame the coach and ask for his head.

But our team is not. We are seeing growing pains and learning experiences and they are sometimes not pretty to watch. For the most part, this team has been entertaining, except for 2 nasty games. They have showed lots of heart and have stuck around and played competitively with the best teams. This team has met my expectations so far this year and I think there is no need to be asking for Triano's head.
    I must say RaptorDan, since you put it the way you did, I will have to say that I am sold on your words and wisdom. Everyone in life deserves a chance to prove themselves. Go Raps Go!

Peace (P)eople (E)verywhere (A)re (C)reated (E)qually Peace, a word to live by!

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
      Is it just me or does anyone else think that Triano is getting a free pass. I mean, Why do you trade for a guy worth 14.5 million dollars and have him sit the bench? Was he hurt today? And what ever happened to letting the ones with the hot hands stay in the game? We got killed today and Triano is not calling time out! Atlanta was up by 21 in the forth and Toronto scored 5 points, Atlanta called a time out and that was that. Why exactly did Basketball U.S. want Triano again?

What do you think? Can we do better with a head up, hard nose coach?
      With a roster like the Raps, does it really matter who coaches? Seriously, for anyone who seriously thought that this current group would be much better than their current record is dellusional. The fact that their record currently stands at 6-10, having beat two top eastern teams (Boston and Orlando) is a big accomplishment, maybe even overachieved, its a testament to the promise of what this team could be if only it worked hard every game, but also a big testament to the coaching staff.

In that Atlanta game, no one from the Raps showed up. They were cleanly beat at every position. No matter how many timeouts the coach calls or don't, if the players don't perform, nothing no one can do about that.

Comment

They are 6-10 right now. Before the season started some people were saying 3-13. The only game that really pisses me off was the Washington game. No matter how good you are, you're going to get blown out every now-and-than. I just hope they remember the last game against the Bullets.....

Comment

Are you people for real? This is a joke, right?

Guys, gain some freaking perspective. The Raps are WIDELY (and I agree) considered to have the worst, least experienced roster in the league. There may be a couple just as bad, but it's true.

Yet, we play hard almost every night, and have as good a record as could reasonably be expected... what tool out there expected us to knock off Boston/Atlanta over the weekend?

Raptors fans... wow... sadly, I expected this thread after the losses. Regardless of what you think of Jay, or thought of him coming into the year, do you REALLY, HONESTLY believe another coach would have this team firing on all cylinders with a 10-6 record or whatever? Right...

Comment

Dan wrote: View Post
            Do you REALLY, HONESTLY believe another coach would have this team firing on all cylinders with a 10-6 record or whatever? Right...
            Ding Ding Ding.

Comment

Working...
            X