No announcement yet.

We need a New Head Coach!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing is its impossible to build a team around a superstar in T.O. because they all need the lime light. THey need televised games and commercials. Vince got his only because he was so electrifying. But now Colangelo is going down the other path which they Atlanta Hawks did. Which is collect a bunch of young guys who were high drafts picks and hope they build a comeraderie and stay together for eachother. Thats the only way T-Dot can create a solid team with dedicated American players. I like his strategy but its a long term one. Look for more peices to be added. I still think BC knows what he's doing.

Comment

Edgar wrote: View Post
      We need more reasonable fans.
      +100

Comment

Here we go again......again?

hello fellow Raptorians........i have said this before and will continue to remind you all..that Triano is not head coach material.....he would make a great assisstant,,to SENHOR ENGLISH OR CARLISSIMO... go play musical chairs........who ever cant find a seat for their big fat ass....loses!!and by the way.....dero is getting tooo many minutes on THE FLOOR..if he is hot..(hitting 3's..or blocking shots(defense)...let the boy play..but if not..sit his butt down and let him watch!!!he has talent written in his DNA...he will learn fast.and still......I KEEP SAYING BuT no-ONE LISTENS..WE NEED MORE LOVE ON THE FLOOR PEOPLE!!happiness breeds winning and winning breeds confidence...GET THE PICTURE!!!!!!or should i get you ur 3-D glasses??
        THE REVEREND

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
          Is it just me or does anyone else think that Triano is getting a free pass. I mean, Why do you trade for a guy worth 14.5 million dollars and have him sit the bench? Was he hurt today? And what ever happened to letting the ones with the hot hands stay in the game? We got killed today and Triano is not calling time out! Atlanta was up by 21 in the forth and Toronto scored 5 points, Atlanta called a time out and that was that. Why exactly did Basketball U.S. want Triano again?

What do you think? Can we do better with a head up, hard nose coach?
          did we need a new head coach during that 4 game winning streak?

honestly, we alll knew the raptors were more than likely to have some serious up and downs this season.

so, what the heck is the point in firing the coach it's not like were expected to make the playoffs this year or have a winning record.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

not jays fault what can he do when our team is crap ya maybe we could wina few more games by bringing in a good coach but w/e that way we wont get a high pick
            ya dun noe

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
              Not so sure about the offense he is running. I realize that you have to feed the hot hand and a lot has been written about getting Bargs going early; but every time Bargs is on the floor the entire offense is structured around him. You could see Weems, Derozan and Kleiza getting a little frustrate with not being involved. It is critical to get every player looks at the beginning of the game and then figure out who is going to be 'on' and feed them later in the game. If players get frustrated on offense they stop running, stop playing defense, stop rebounding, stop setting hard screens, etc. Triano has to do a better job of getting everyone involved. Where is this motion offense we heard so much about in the preseason? For 90% of the game the Raptors rely on two-man sets.

As of defense - what an f$%&ing joke - how about those two backdoor cuts on consecutive plays? Looks like a fucking high school team playing defense out there!
              I agree more people have to get more looks. Sonn is a very good off screens I would like to see more off that. Derozan gets looks but doesn't hit the open shots. What I hope is that once bayless learns the plays things will get better

Comment

Honestly, that reporter that asked him that question annoys me to know end. If I had to answer questions from that douche you'd be hearing much more than the F-Bomb.

Comment

people always need their scapegoats

bargs cant rebound..
                  jose cant defend..
                  derozan cant hit an open jumper..
                  sonny is wildly inconsistent..
                  amir never met a man he didnt want to slap across the arm on the way to the basket
                  barbosa shoots 3s as well as i bend spoons with my mind

yet somehow... its the coach's fault

if you're only given a bunch of lemons, you cant make grape juice

nobody thought they'd win a ton of games... so enjoy the wins they do get.. and dont cry when they lose the games you already thought they were going to lose anyways

Comment

The Raptors suck, so I don't see any point in firing Jay at this point.

That said, if the Raptors are serious about winning long term - it's not going to happen with Triano at the helm. In the NBA, coaching is as much about motivation and strong leadership as it is about X's and O's. Triano has no cache as a head coach. He is too passive in huddles and is not a dominant personality who can control massive NBA egos.

Is Triano a solid asssistant coach? Yes. Is he a top tier head coach? No way.

Comment

Changing the coach won't do anything to change this team's fortunes at the moment. We need help in a lot of areas and while the talent is there, it hasn't fully matured as of yet. Jay's contract runs out at the end of the season. Most likely, he'll be replaced then.

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                        Brendan Malone
                        Darrell Walker
                        Butch Carter
                        Lenny Wilkens
                        Kevin O'Neill
                        Sam Mitchell
                        Jay Triano

Check this list out...
                        Toronto Raptors Head Coaches...WoW..
                        Talk about crap.
                        Fabulious Coaching..LOL!!!
                        U talk about respected and winning coaching and I don't see any of them on this list.
                        Plz if anyone says Lenny Wilkins is great coach ure on cloud 9..his one of the worst loosing coaches of all time...

If this franchise ever once 2 be recognized as great team..first u gotta find the right coach.
                        Coaching does matter..LOOK AT CLEVELAND..
                        Hmmm Byron Scott is doin all right.
                        I really hope you were joking with your post.

Butch Carter was probably the best coach this team had. Wilkins was one of the winningest coaches of all time.

Comment

Edgar wrote: View Post
                          We need more reasonable fans.
                          Ding Ding Ding.

Comment

its not about the victory. its about leadership. its about calling the right call. playing the right players. setting a president and work ethic a character for this team. he not a bench boss he's a bench bitch. Triano is utter garbage. we had coach of the year.

Comment

Zigus wrote: View Post
                              its not about the victory. its about leadership. its about calling the right call. playing the right players. setting a president and work ethic a character for this team. he not a bench boss he's a bench bitch. Triano is utter garbage. we had coach of the year.
                              That's right! Win or lose, it's about how you look doing it. Do you go down with a fight or do you just lay down and die? Triano is the conductor and needs to get everyone on the team playing the right notes! BC is also to be blamed but Triano has to prove himself like all the players and it starts with his leadership.

Comment

In the 15 seasons I've been watching the Raptors, we've pretty much been defined as a doormat team. The only teams that brought some fight were the ones with Oak and Garb. Our team this year has a lot of young inexperienced players and we have been playing that way. If our team was chuck full of wily veterans then yes, you can then maybe blame the coach and ask for his head.

But our team is not. We are seeing growing pains and learning experiences and they are sometimes not pretty to watch. For the most part, this team has been entertaining, except for 2 nasty games. They have showed lots of heart and have stuck around and played competitively with the best teams. This team has met my expectations so far this year and I think there is no need to be asking for Triano's head.
                                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Working...
                                X