We need a New Head Coach!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    Peja was out with a Swollen knee, way to jump to conclusions.
    i know right, people need to know their facts first before they start talking

Comment

Anyone think that Peja dnp was more because of a possible trade rather than injury? Kind of sudden wasn't it?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        Anyone think that Peja dnp was more because of a possible trade rather than injury? Kind of sudden wasn't it?
        im hoping thats the case...as for Jay ive never been a fan of his but u can hardly blame this loss on him.. the team just stunk on both ends of the floor.. i dont even want to blame the matchups.. it was just them kickin our butts.. & us not responding at all.. basicly just gave up fighting.. did u here jay in the timeout clip were he was ripping into the guys for not givin a honest effort..

Comment

I was following the injury report and all it said was that Evans was out and Davis was out. I saw nothing about Peja. I saw an interview with him saying he is ready for whatever role he is asked to play. Those are the facts that I saw and every team needs a good leader, just like a good army needs a good leader! Someone to put the boots to the players and leave them accountable for their lack of efforts.

Comment

There's the old adage about how as soon as a coach is hired, the clock starts ticking on him being fired. So do you really want to saddle the new coach with this season? If the new coach is likely Carlesimo, isn't the best course of action to allow Triano to continue to draw heat for this season, and then start with a clean slate next year? In general, I'm not a fan of mid-season coaching changes unless the team is underperforming in a win-now situation, which definitely doesn't describe the current raptors situation.

Comment

All jokes aside, firing Triano ain't it. For Washington, he needs to switch the starting line-up to Calderon, Barbosa, Wright, Johnson and Bargs. Trim the fat I say (Weems and DeRozan) until they understand what it means to start in this league - that means not being outplayed on a nightly basis.

Let Amir in there and see what he can do as a starting 4. F^%k rotations for now. Don't pull a Lenny Wilkens Triano, if players are not pulling their weight, yank them - or they'll yank you!!!
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                Don't pull a Lenny Wilkens Triano, if players are not pulling their weight, yank them - or they'll yank you!!!
                That is what I'm talking about Balls of Steel: Don't say that you're going to yank players if they're not pulling their weight and then not do it? Since we are testing the waters, why not pull players for playing half A$$? I was never a fan of Triano and don't think he knows how and when to use his timeouts! But maybe that's just my BAD!

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                  im hoping thats the case...as for Jay ive never been a fan of his but u can hardly blame this loss on him.. the team just stunk on both ends of the floor.. i dont even want to blame the matchups.. it was just them kickin our butts.. & us not responding at all.. basicly just gave up fighting.. did u here jay in the timeout clip were he was ripping into the guys for not givin a honest effort..
                  Yes I did catch the JT tirade during a timeout...good for him. Like I wrote in another post I am not expecting much this year except one thing...a change of culture...meaning playing hard and following your assignments and evaluating the talent. I am tired of other teams coming to the ACC and treating this team like a bunch of pussies. Does anyone foul hard in the paint? (maybe Amir). And we wonder why other players dont want to come here. With the team we have (young and new) these should be minimum expectations. Lose if we must but play hard. This did not happen today...for the first time I have seen this season. And the way JT must address this is ...consequences. The guys who were yukking it up on the bench lose their starting or time priveleges. I understand that Atlanta has more talent but....

Comment

If I were a GM hoping for a top 3 pick I'd keep Triano too..

Comment

We can't win if were are one of the worst defensive teams which is what we have been under Triano. There is no doubt he knows his stuff on the offensive end but we have to play at the very least some defense. Also, he is a horrible motivator.

Peja is not worth 14.5 million dollars. That is just how much he is getting paid.

Comment

Serenity Now!

Red Auerbach himself couldn't get this team to a winning record. I can't stand this sort of reactionary shit from raps fans. Is Jay out there boxing out, or hustling back on defence, denying the ball, attacking the basket? Its not like the coaching staff isn't telling the players to do these things.

Blame to the coach if it makes you feel better about your fandom.

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
                          Serenity Now!

Red Auerbach himself couldn't get this team to a winning record. I can't stand this sort of reactionary shit from raps fans. Is Jay out there boxing out, or hustling back on defence, denying the ball, attacking the basket? Its not like the coaching staff isn't telling the players to do these things.

Blame to the coach if it makes you feel better about your fandom.
                          +1

Comment

I am blaming the coach for not living up to his words and promise at the start of the season. He said that he will take anyone out who is not showing hustle or who is not holding their own. Give someone else a chance to start and see what they can do. Sure he is not out there boxing out, or playing the game for the raps but he is drawing up the plays and is suppose to put his foot down when it's needed and he is NOT doing that. I love the Raps and always will. I believe we had a better team last year and had Triano grown some Ball$ and not let Baby Bosh & Turkey walk over him things would have been good. Change the lineup Triano!

Comment

No coach could lead this team to victory. Once again we have to look forward to next year

Comment

I'm all for dumping on our coach but if you place a heavy emphasis on Peja not playing...you get the gas face. Fan 590 announced he wouldn't play on-air hours before the game, someone posted he was out before the game on the game thread so Peja's bum knee was known publicly.

If we look at Rap coaches they weren't all scrubs before they came here: Lenny had the most wins of any coach, Kevin Oneal after he left here replaced Lute at University of Arizona, Butch is still highly regarded. Heck, even Triano gets hi props from Coach K. Smitch is an assistant coach for a former coach of the year...in NJ, but at least he can get work in the league.

The problem with this team has very little to do with coaching. Look at our list of GMs. Other than Isaiah (who destroyed the Knicks) and Babcock (who went back to his old job with the TWolves), none of them have landed on their feet after leaving the Raps. Hiring garbage GMs is a hallmark of MLSE. The more hope they sell, the less quality of player they are obligated to pay for maximum profit.

Comment

Working...
                                X