Sonny Weems' is the future in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny Weems' is the future in Toronto

This might be the best article I've ever read on Weems. And surprisingly there's no bashing of our city in this piece like most other articles I've read throughout the years. Thumbs up to the author for this one.

http://beallsfinest.wordpress.com/20...ng-in-toronto/

if all i have to look forward to in the Raptors future is seeing weems throw up brick after brick i might just claw my eyes out....

Comment

Yeah, I think this "trio thing" is a little out of hand for sure. Let's see even one of them put together an impressive season first. They're friends and they like basketball, that's great, but what else?

Comment

Give it time, they're still young. No one is over 23-years old.

Comment

I'm willing to give time but it strikes me as odd that we keep dropping these huge future expectations on three guys who haven't done anything to deserve it yet. What about Bargnani, why isn't he the future? Or Ed Davis? He was as hyped a prospect as DeRozan was a year and a half ago. I think Bargnani and Davis certainly have more potential than Johnson or Weems and maybe more than DeRozan, hard to say.

Comment

i'd rather not tag somebody with being "the future" until well after they earn the tag of "being consistent"

just enjoy the games, and worry about the future in the future, i say..

Comment

Interesting headline of Liston's new piece today...can someone be nicknamed Money who shoots like Weems (I paraphrase).

Comment

In all fairness, Weems is more consistent than DeRozan.

Comment

It's time to move either Derozan or Weems - essentially the same player - although Weems usually has a better jumper. As soon as Derozan strings together a few could games I would put him on the market.

... and yes I know he is young. Put there have been a boatload of young players who have come into the league and shown better shooting, better ball control, better defence, similar athleticism, and more importantly played with a little grit.

Tired of Raptor fans settling, fans and the team have protected players for too long... "ohh just give him a few more years - he'll learn to play defense and rebound", ..." just wait - he has tons of potential" - bullshit - cut them loose.

Comment

Young'Un wrote: View Post
                    Yeah but he's not more talented and he's two years older.

Comment

Weems played his first full season of basketball last year. He was bounced around after his stint in Denver, which he only played 12 games and was sent to the D-League. I'd rather have him than DeRozan in my opinion.

Comment

thats like saying Cat shit stinks worse then Dog shit...LOL

Comment

Weems played his first full season of basketball last year. He was bounced around after his stint in Denver, which he only played 12 games and was sent to the D-League. I'd rather have him than DeRozan in my opinion.
                          i dont disagree with you.. weems is probably my favourite player on the team

but "the future"!?!?

big words for a middle of the pack player on a bottom feeder team... just let him play, and dont have expectations, or else there's a good chance you'll get disappointed.

Comment

The article never stated anything about him being the future, just apart of it, and how he's finally getting some noticed and earning quality minutes. I put the future part on the headline.

Comment

If Weems was on the Lakers he would be struggling to fight minutes away from Luke Walton and Sasha Vujacic.

Comment

Working...
                              X