Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Davis Recalled from D League

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    433
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Davis Recalled from D League


  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Woooooooooo! Can't wait till his debut!

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Our next game is Friday, hopefully that's enough time for him to get his stamina improved. Was hoping they kept him in the D league for a couple more games but his performances down there and our lack of bigs probably forces this.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not surprising, I called it in the other thread. With Erie not playing until Friday, no point in leaving him down to practice with scrubs.

  5. #5
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hope Amir has a good game so that Davis doesn't need to be force fed too much PT right out the gate. I think they should and will try to ease him in.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Our next game is Friday, hopefully that's enough time for him to get his stamina improved. Was hoping they kept him in the D league for a couple more games but his performances down there and our lack of bigs probably forces this.
    Our next game is Wednesday against Wiz. The article said he'll be in the lineup for that game.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,370
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Our next game is Wednesday against Wiz. The article said he'll be in the lineup for that game.
    My bad, misread raptors.com

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I hope Amir has a good game so that Davis doesn't need to be force fed too much PT right out the gate. I think they should and will try to ease him in.
    agreed... hopefully he only plays enough to limit the other PFs nightly foulstravaganza

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    agreed... hopefully he only plays enough to limit the other PFs nightly foulstravaganza
    You know what? I dont mind Amir starting, with Jose now the starting point guard, I dont see why the duo cant be paired up together again, Bayless has a score first mentality that ain`t gonna help Amir play his game.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    they say absence makes the heart grow fonder. I think it's possibly that the combination of this team being terrible, and Davis not ever having played has led some of you to believe that he is somehow only sidelined as a saviour or very important piece to this fucked up puzzle.

    He's not guys.

    Don't set unrealistic expectations on a guy that was touted as a project for this year at the start since he missed almost ALL of his last year at college where it was hoped he would develop into a solid NBA prospect.

    Perhaps he will one day be that player. But now, at this point, he is so far behind in his development that to expect anything from him past the odd promising play would be wrong.

    I'm not counting him out, but I'm also sure as hell not placing to much on this kids shoulders, I hope, for his sake, the Toronto fan base doesn't either.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Here's my predicted line for him:

    20 minutes, 10 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks.

    Awwww yeah!!!!
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    14 points 9 rebounds 2 blocks in 25 min. Book it!

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wouldn't mind if both were called up but right now davis clearly dominated the 2 games he was there in the limited time he was there. What I really wanted to see was alabi and davis on the floor at the sametime I very much think they would compliment each other nicely

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would rather Davis play less than 20 minutes, don't want to aggravate his injury...

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote matt wrote: View Post
    You know what? I dont mind Amir starting, with Jose now the starting point guard, I dont see why the duo cant be paired up together again, Bayless has a score first mentality that ain`t gonna help Amir play his game.
    i agree, under one condition. amir can control his fouls. he's useless when he's in foul trouble constantly.

    amir and jose work well together offensively though.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Colborne, ON
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Davis' line: 42 min, 56 pts, 18 rebs, 11 blocks, 10 steals and 14 cheerleaders nailed. BEST. DEBUT. EVER.
    Book it.

    The future is now!

  17. #17
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,123
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Beaverboi wrote: View Post
    Davis' line: 42 min, 56 pts, 18 rebs, 11 blocks, 10 steals and 14 cheerleaders nailed. BEST. DEBUT. EVER.
    Book it.

    The future is now!
    is he gonna nail the cheerleaders on the court? Hoipefully he doesn't catch the herp like another former raptor...

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Beaverboi wrote: View Post
    Davis' line: 42 min, 56 pts, 18 rebs, 11 blocks, 10 steals and 14 cheerleaders nailed. BEST. DEBUT. EVER.
    Book it.

    The future is now!
    What? No assists? Send him back to the D-league. Selfish pr*ck. LOL.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Colborne, ON
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    is he gonna nail the cheerleaders on the court? Hoipefully he doesn't catch the herp like another former raptor...
    Three of them will be double-teams with the mascot.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •