Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peddie to Retire as President/CEO of MLSE Next Year

Just an FYI and now that it's official.

Richard Peddie says he will retire as president and CEO of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment at the end of next year.

MLSE says an executive search committee has been formed to identify Peddie's successor.

The 63-year-old Peddie has been with MLSE since November 1996, helping oversee a massive amount of growth.

During that time, MLSE acquired the Toronto Raptors, opened the Air Canada Centre, established the Toronto FC MLS team and expanded its business interests with a condo and entertainment development.

MLSE chairman Larry Tanenbaum says "Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment is what it is today due in large measure to the great team that Richard Peddie has built."
    Source - Click here

Are rumours true that Colangelo will take his place?

Comment

this could be good unless it means MLSE board trying to limit our GM's by having to get board approval on all things again... at least peddie gave BC & BB the power to control the franchises. now if we could only get rid of the ontario teachers group we'd be all set!

wonder if Jim Balsillie likes the leafs. LOL
      Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Tue Nov 30, 2010, 02:28 PM.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
        this could be good unless it means MLSE board trying to limit our GM's by having to get board approval on all things again... at least peddie gave BC & BB the power to control the franchises. now if we could only get rid of the ontario teachers group we'd be all set!

wonder if Jim Balsillie likes the leafs. LOL
        When Burke and Colangelo were hired, the board never limited their spending. In the case of the Leafs, they're pretty much right at the NHL cap. As for the Raptors, the board would approve of spending money if it made sense. Peddie never meddled in the affairs.

Balsillie would never buy the Leafs/Raptors. Those 2 franchises are cash cows. The OTPF would want billions.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          When Burke and Colangelo were hired, the board never limited their spending. In the case of the Leafs, they're pretty much right at the NHL cap. As for the Raptors, the board would approve of spending money if it made sense. Peddie never meddled in the affairs.

Balsillie would never buy the Leafs/Raptors. Those 2 franchises are cash cows. The OTPF would want billions.
          past GM's have had to consult the board if they wanted to change light bulbs in the boiler room LOL i know that when BC & BB were hired they never had there spending limited.. that was kinda my point...& if i remember correctly the one who hired them was Peddie.. on the other hand i think he hired JFJ & Babcock too :-(
          Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Tue Nov 30, 2010, 03:22 PM.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
            Are rumours true that Colangelo will take his place?
            Who's saying that?

Comment

The poll on the front page should have a "N/A" option

Comment

I have friends at law firms who say there is a push for Dale Lastman, who is co-chair of Goodmans LLP. He is already a director at MLSE and is an alternate NBA and NHL govenor.

here is a link to his profile: http://www.goodmans.ca/People/Dale_Lastman
                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

I met Richard Peddie back in 07, when MLSE just got the FC approved. The guy genuinely seemed like he was commited to the improvement of the sports landscape in Toronto. It would be a shame to see him go, however change is the only constant in the universe.
                  What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

All a moot point until it is settled whether Rogers buys the leafs/raptors which appears to be happening. I would expect that is tied to the Peddie retIrement even though he denies knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                    X