Greener Pastures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    to tell u the truth.. i remember hearing the same excuse with last years Raptor squad..(Turkydoodoo out for the preseason, teams still trying to mesh crap) & remember how that turned out..

theres no argueing that Wade/LBJ/Bosh are talented at what they do but its the stuff they dont do that is whats making them loose games...
    Are you really comparing Hedo Turkoglu to Dwayne Wade? Really?

It's a bit too early to write them off.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      Are you really comparing Hedo Turkoglu to Dwayne Wade? Really?

It's a bit too early to write them off.
      actually i was compairing the excuses not the players.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
        actually i was compairing the excuses not the players.
        But you're implying that the same result will occur. And I'm saying that Turkoglu is nowhere near Wade's status, so I think the scenario you pointed out is unlikely to occur.

Comment

Funny. Cousins got kicked out of practice yesterday. Immaturity issues, probably, again. That's why he dropped in the draft, too.
          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

3 players don't make a team, I do agree with you. However, that team has too much talent concentrated on one team not to be successful. Wade was out pretty much all pre-season and they're getting used to each other. I don't undestand what's so hard to comprehend about that. Come All-star break, they'll be right as rain.

I get that you'll like to see them fail, but there's no way they're missing the playoffs. I bet you a case of beer they'll make it to the east semis.
            Sorry to butt in but I just had to say that "talent" in of it self in basketball is not enough because of the nature of the game (one ball-5 players-1 basket). Talent is fine if those players are sharing the ball. Apart from the defensive aspects which are deficient one of the major points of contention I keep hearing is that Spoelstra wants LJ to play point guard. He is refusing. So much for talent. And so much for wanting to sacrifice their game and stats. LJ playing point will get him many assists bu wont get him the scoring title anymore. I understand Nike has clauses in their agreements with players re: points, mvp awards etc.

I can see trouble if LJ keeps butting heads with the coach on this issue. I am sure Riley is probably in full agreement seeing as how they dont have a frontline PG currently. Anyway, so much for the hubris of great basketball players and architects (the 3 amigos and Riley). They all thought it was going to be much easier that what has turned out so far. All 3 are not familiar with giving up the ball and not getting it back on their previous teams. They are fine in transition but force them into a half court game and you can see the others standing around watching. Lol and we have problems!!

Comment

Miami will be fine. Making the playoffs in the East means mediocrity not excellence. Surprised they let Lucas III get signed to Chicago when they need a PG. I'm sure someone will rise out of the D League by the end of the season if they get desperate. They can hide their ancient centers on offence if they find a strong jump shooting pg, heal up and work on chemistry during the season. Here's to hoping they never find a point guard.

As far a Antoine Wright he's had a few personal issues come up, maybe he requested to be cut? Though they could have put him on injured reserve instead...either way it sucks. He's a fringe starter at best and until he came to Toronto never displayed a jump shot that I remember. That team is turning out to be spoiled brats not Kings and its a shame. Way too much talent. And a tough coach so no one can say there's no discipline I guess not enough of them are mature enough to handle losing gracefully.

Comment

3 players don't make a team, I do agree with you. However, that team has too much talent concentrated on one team not to be successful. Wade was out pretty much all pre-season and they're getting used to each other. I don't undestand what's so hard to comprehend about that. Come All-star break, they'll be right as rain.

I get that you'll like to see them fail, but there's no way they're missing the playoffs. I bet you a case of beer they'll make it to the east semis.
                they cant beat an above 500 team yet (other than orlando who we beat and they live and die by the jump shot) and you have them going to the eastern finals....does superstar fandom know no bounds??? Miami is a good not great team. they will make the playoffs in the weak east and likely be beaten (quite handily) in the first round. lebron had a better team in cleveland....is that not obvious??? didnt they win 60 games 2 years in a row??

Comment

I liked Antoine Wright. His defense was pretty solid but his offense wasn't too good. His game reminds me a bit of Julian Wright. I wish him luck and hope a team picks him up. Does anyone know what happens to his salary if he isn't claimed off waivers? Does he still get paid?

Cousins is a thug. He has a huge attitude problem. He needs a strong coach and respected veterans to help change his attitude. Doesn't Mr Miyage live close to Sacramento? Anyway, hopefully Westphal is doing the right thing with him, and we'll see more maturity and production in his sophmore season

This thread was about Sacramento not Miami (may they rot in hell). And speaking of Sacramento, is anyone else surprised that Whiteside is in the D-League and is in the same boat as Alabi - that is, great potential but raw and a lot of development needed? I thought Whiteside would be picked higher in the draft and would be playing steady minutes by now.
                  Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                    Funny. Cousins got kicked out of practice yesterday. Immaturity issues, probably, again. That's why he dropped in the draft, too.
                    Yes I saw that too. Guess his new maturity lasted as long as a Shaq free throw streak.

Comment

blackjitsu; [B wrote:
                      Here's to hoping they never find a point guard[/.
                      the last thing they need is a PG. Lebron and wade are both requiring the ball in their hands so adding a third player in that regard would be pointless...no pun intended.
                      What Miami should really do, and it would shock the basketball world would be to trade Lebron for a top C and other strong pieces. As much as Bosh is not as grEat as his career stats and play make one believe, he is a good pairing with Wade. When watching the games as well the heat flow well when Lebron is sitting his ass on the bench and go discombobulated when he 'graces the court with his presence'.

Comment

Working...
                      X