Hating on the home team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Are you insane? There are plenty of top 10 rookies who slid into starting roles and outperform Demar and Weems day in and day out. Do you think these guys are going to become all stars?

I am an Amir fan. But, are you aware of how long he has been in the league already? Do your homework son.
    Insane that thinking that kids who were drafted because of potential have not outperformed John Wall, Evan Turner, Derrick Rose? you can't even put those guys in the same category. None of them were drafted because of potential, they drafted them because of what they already had. pff, insane, hahaha. If you missed it I put in a comment about Amir being in the league longer. Did my homework now please do the reading.

I agree with your other post. Winning and nurturing good talent is most important.

Just out of curiousity, who is the starter that we have coming off the bench?

Comment

heinz
      aka
      ol dirty egg duster

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
        Insane that thinking that kids who were drafted because of potential have not outperformed John Wall, Evan Turner, Derrick Rose? you can't even put those guys in the same category. None of them were drafted because of potential, they drafted them because of what they already had. pff, insane, hahaha. If you missed it I put in a comment about Amir being in the league longer. Did my homework now please do the reading.

I agree with your other post. Winning and nurturing good talent is most important.

Just out of curiousity, who is the starter that we have coming off the bench?
        On this team we should be starting Kleiza for Weems and Barbo for Demar
        Or
        Weems in Demars spot and start Kleiza

Comment

I think it is important to be critical of our team because we pay to see them. They make million so of dollars off of games, jersey sales, etc. and we want to see wins.

However, there's a fine line between being critical and hating. All these "trade DeMar" posts and "fire the coach" posts and whatever else is out there like it are getting ridiculous. Who out there believed we were going to make it to the playoffs this year? Who actually thought Bosh would stay or that we would actually get something for him? The fact is we are in a building (rebuilding, retooling, who cares what they call it) and if we are actually fans, then maybe we should be a little more patient. What good will it do to rip the team apart right now for more unknown?

I made this next comment on a post I put up yesterday but I feel it's important for people to look at it from another direction. OKC has not been up and coming for a long time. Last year they had their coming out season where they took the league by surprise. Everyone attributes it to good drafting and the correct building process. The fans had to be supportive and i'll be they were. They recently moved from Seattle and the fans were ecstatic to just have a team. The GM was able to build with his vision of where they could get to and voila, they've become a playoff calibre taem with some very very good talent.

What does that mean for a raps fan? That we should be patient and let BC (who just recently had the chains of CB4 removed) to move forward with his vision. Some might argue that he has no vision and we are worse off than we were before blah blah blah. Should we put Babcock back in? Please, lets not be so short sighted. BC wants to win. Let him build this team the right way. Consistency is a necessity at this time and the more of it we have the better off we will be.

If you want to be mad about the team's energy, then do it. There's absolutely no excuse for a lack of effort. Everyone is learning process this year. It will benefit us in the long run. Evaluate players at the end of the year and not on a game to game basis. Don't be bipolar in your judgement. There are too many posts about how bad bargnani is and then he goes off for 4 games averaging 28 points (we loved him those 4 games) which was followed by 2 bad games and now he should be traded again.

Keep the long-term in mind. Call me on it if in 3-4 years we still suck (and they tried to build a team in the right way). This is the only way things will work out and keep fans really happy.

Thank you for writing what I'm sure many others have thought (myself included), but just don't have the time to write down. Excellent post.

The big thing with me is that the effort is there every night. As a fan I can handle going through a rebuilding phase and losing a bunch of games, as long as hustle and effort is shown by the players and coaches/GM (a la OKC).
          Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Wed Dec 1, 2010, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I think it is important to be critical of our team because we pay to see them. They make million so of dollars off of games, jersey sales, etc. and we want to see wins.

However, there's a fine line between being critical and hating. All these "trade DeMar" posts and "fire the coach" posts and whatever else is out there like it are getting ridiculous. Who out there believed we were going to make it to the playoffs this year? Who actually thought Bosh would stay or that we would actually get something for him? The fact is we are in a building (rebuilding, retooling, who cares what they call it) and if we are actually fans, then maybe we should be a little more patient. What good will it do to rip the team apart right now for more unknown?

I made this next comment on a post I put up yesterday but I feel it's important for people to look at it from another direction. OKC has not been up and coming for a long time. Last year they had their coming out season where they took the league by surprise. Everyone attributes it to good drafting and the correct building process. The fans had to be supportive and i'll be they were. They recently moved from Seattle and the fans were ecstatic to just have a team. The GM was able to build with his vision of where they could get to and voila, they've become a playoff calibre taem with some very very good talent.

What does that mean for a raps fan? That we should be patient and let BC (who just recently had the chains of CB4 removed) to move forward with his vision. Some might argue that he has no vision and we are worse off than we were before blah blah blah. Should we put Babcock back in? Please, lets not be so short sighted. BC wants to win. Let him build this team the right way. Consistency is a necessity at this time and the more of it we have the better off we will be.

If you want to be mad about the team's energy, then do it. There's absolutely no excuse for a lack of effort. Everyone is learning process this year. It will benefit us in the long run. Evaluate players at the end of the year and not on a game to game basis. Don't be bipolar in your judgement. There are too many posts about how bad bargnani is and then he goes off for 4 games averaging 28 points (we loved him those 4 games) which was followed by 2 bad games and now he should be traded again.

Keep the long-term in mind. Call me on it if in 3-4 years we still suck (and they tried to build a team in the right way). This is the only way things will work out and keep fans really happy.
            Sorry guy, BC and Burke are more of thesame - swinging for the fences by trading draft picks for a mediocre team(the 2nd pick for a Phil Kessel that is hardly playing or scoring for the Leafs sucks) when they could build a tream the right way. Both of them are not solutions rather the problem(they are both used car salesmen, all talk no substance) and both should be fired if these teams want to be rebuilt properly. How much will it take to get Jerry West out of retirement? $12 million a year? MLSE(and the new terrible prospective owners - Rogers) is too cheap to pay such premium. Evidence - no Stanley Cup since 1967 for the Maple Leafs.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
              Thank you for writing what I'm sure many others have thought (myself included), but just don't have the time to write down. Excellent post.
              Agreed, albertan_10 should be hired to write for RR, we need more positive posters.

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
                Agreed, albertan_10 should be hired to write for RR, we need more positive posters.
                David Anderson

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                  David Anderson
                  No, Nathan Jawai

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
                    No, Nathan Jawai
                    No, Paul Hogan.. LOL

Comment

Who really cares what people on here say. Raptors Republic represents less then 1% of the Raptors fan base. I've been a huge advocate of the ACC and how great the fans at those games are. You don't see many of those fans on this forum, because they are probably working and are having a positive existence in society. The same doesn't go for the cronies who invest their days on here.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                        Who really cares what people on here say. Raptors Republic represents less then 1% of the Raptors fan base. I've been a huge advocate of the ACC and how great the fans at those games are. You don't see many of those fans on this forum, because they are probably working and are having a positive existence in society. The same doesn't go for the cronies who invest their days on here.
                        quick!!! run down the hall to the bathroom...turn the light on......take a good long hard look in the mirror.... then come back here & tell us what u see!!! LOL

judgeing by your sign up date & the number of posts uve made since then... it seems to me u spend just as much if not more time on here then the rest of us ;-)

"Those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones"
                        Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Dec 1, 2010, 04:33 PM.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                          No, Paul Hogan.. LOL
                          LMAO

That's nawt a knoife

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                            quick!!! run down the hall to the bathroom...turn the light on......take a good long hard look in the mirror.... then come back here & tell us what u see!!! LOL

judgeing by your sign up date & the number us posts uve made since then... it seems to me u spend just as much if not more time on here then the rest of us ;-)

"Those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones"
                            oh burn

Comment

I'm all for kind spirited critique (maybe not), but a few points.

1/ The goal is to win
                              2/ Every team has limited roster space - we can't keep everyone
                              3/ On average these guys make between 3 and 10 times what we will ever make

If they can't handle the aggressive demands for trades or firings they could always go to a lower stress league like China or Japan. Osaka is awesome this time of year.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                                Osaka is awesome this time of year.
                                japan is awesome any time of the year, because the women are 10x as hot as anywhere else in the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X