No announcement yet.

Initial Thoughts on Davis' First NBA Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has me most excited is watching Amir and Davis on the court together over the long term. For some reason it just seems to me that they're going to be fantastic as a tandem. High energy, hard working, shot blocking, defensive minded pair, who can rebound and finish at the rim. With Amir being the oldest at 23. Add Bargnani, who can shoot and basically impose his will as he so chooses on offense. Not bad. Let's hope they can develop like they ought to.

Comment

really solid debut. loved the way he went to the glass and altered shots. i have no idea what he's capable of offensively, but i already have a man crush on him.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
        What has me most excited is watching Amir and Davis on the court together over the long term. For some reason it just seems to me that they're going to be fantastic as a tandem. High energy, hard working, shot blocking, defensive minded pair, who can rebound and finish at the rim. With Amir being the oldest at 23. Add Bargnani, who can shoot and basically impose his will as he so chooses on offense. Not bad. Let's hope they can develop like they ought to.
        +1
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
          We have one of the best or most promising front courts in the NBA. With Bargnani, Johnson, Davis, Wright, Kleiza, Dorsey, Alabi, Weems. Ed Davis is great defender, very smart player, you can tell he has high basketball IQ. He is clearly our best defender, and I wouldn't be surprised if he averaged 2 or 3 blocks a game, in his rookie season. He is a far better defender than Bosh, and has a great lefty hook which might make him a good offensive presence in the post as well. I think on the long run, he will help this team more than Bosh ever would have.
          +1
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Davis did look strong, and did have an extra bounce in his step. I was impressed. Then again, we were playing Washington. Let's see how he does Friday night against OKC.

Comment

What have we been saying for years , the raps can score we have to stop them from scoring.
              Big Ed gives us a post presence, he can put back , he can rebound , he can block, he can block out big guys, he hustles, he is mouthy,on D, he makes others around him play bigger like Amir's buddy, high bb IQ that you can not teach you either have it or not.
              Not bad for his first game, what does the future offer.

Ps BC should be charged with stealing for Bayless at 22 yrs old what idiot gave up this future all-star for Jones.
              perhaps start another post what do you guys think of Bayless?

Comment

I was at this game, not only did Davis get a huge pop from the crowd, but he earned every cheer. Misdirected shots, put a big, long body in front of attackers, and generally wreaked havoc with the Wizards. One of his blocks looked like it was a home run swing. This dude is good. If he can put on about 20 lbs of lean muscle, he will be a tyrant.

Comment

I want to like the Raptors. I really do.

When we got a preview of the roster and those great performances at summer league, I said to myself, this is the raptors team I've always looked forward to for years.

Reggie evans, ed davis, sonny weems, demar derozan, barbosa, dorsey, alabi ... we have the potential to be the BEST inside-the-paint team in the league. Hell, I've been outspoken against bargnani as well, but seeing him actually drive to the basket puts a smile on my face.

But of course ... will that ever happen? Will epic 50, 60 (70?) pt-in-the-paint games become a regular occurrence?

Or, truthfully, we will be subjected to more of Triano's high-school level picknrolls and <30% 3pt shooting? I really have no faith in Triano having the knowledge to utilize what these players' know best.

But hey, there's a whole season left to go. Prove me wrong, Jay.

Comment

Introcollapse wrote: View Post
                    He's a little fat and out of shape. That being said, I liked what I saw. Plays man defense intelligently, something you don't see often. Decent (not great) help defense as well. Can't see him averaging more than 7 rebounds a season though. Something about him I can't put my finger on. The hustle/drive? I don't know.
                    If he stays healthy and puts on a little 'good' weight he should have 7 rebs by halftime most nights or by the third quarter for the others.

Comment

Never gets old.

Comment

Ed Davis+Amir+2 years=Josh Smith + Al Horford

Add Bargs to the left hand side and we have a special front court.
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                          Ed Davis+Amir+2 years=Josh Smith + Al Horford

Add Bargs to the left hand side and we have a special front court.
                          Hopefully we do not sign any 29 year old border line All-Stars to $120M dollar contracts to really mess it up!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Hopefully we do not sign any 29 year old border line All-Stars to $120M dollar contracts to really mess it up!
                            What happens if that name happens to be Carmelo Anthony?!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              What happens if that name happens to be Carmelo Anthony?!
                              Besides the fact it is never going to happen :P ....

Johnson just signed his deal for 6 years at 29 versus Carmelo who will be 27 come extension time.

I know it is only 2 years but 33 at the end of the deal compared to 35 is 164 games plus playoffs difference.

Also, Carmelo is a legit All-Star and one of the best scoreres in the game (when it is all said and done maybe the history). JJ is a very good player.

Comment

I'm just happy we never got saddled with a max contract for Bosh. That would have hindered us for years. What would have that been again - 6 years and $130 mil! Thank my lucky stars.
                                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Working...
                                X