WSH post game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSH post game

There were a lot of positives in this game. It didn't hurt that everybody played well with the exception of Amir who did not take advantage of his starting opportunity. He had a couple of nice plays but overall it was a dud in the starting lineup.

With the negativity out of the way, I can't think of any other issues. It was a great team game.

Nice to see Sonny and DD get out of their funk.
    Joey Dorsey did his best Evans impersonation with 8 rebs, 3 stl, and 1 blk in 18min.
    Ed Davis had a great first game (anyone else think he looked tired/winded in the second half?)
    Bayless was awesome getting in to the lane 16pts/6rebs/5asts is a very good line while shooting 6for9 - I do not mean to sound petty but Jarrett who?
    Jose was efficient.
    Bargnani was aggressive - he had an offensive reb for a putback (turnaround hook), a dunk on McGee and 8 rebs!

It was also nice to see the Raptors come out with aggression after Sunday's forgettable game and the last game vs. the Wizards.

Do I think the Raptors are going to the playoffs? NO.

Do I expect more frustrating/inconsistent outings like Sunday? YES.

Do games like tonight give me hope for this team in the near future? ABSOLUTELY.

There is a very nice core in place.

Let the cynics take over!

What I really liked was the discipline the raps riped apart the full court trap that WSH put on in the second half and they didn't get wild with having the big lead they just went almost a full 48 mins of execution

Comment

Nice to have a laffer. And they looked good/consistent doing it. Kleiza wasnt very good and looks kinda slow/unathletic for this team. I thought he would have been one of the better Raps starting the season.

Comment

Ya Kleiza is in a serious funk. For a guy who was given a shot at starting this is sad. Really liked what I saw from Jerryd -- especially on defense -- being physical on Wall. Still a long way to go.

Comment

I'm laughing because the DeMar-hating Raptors "fans" have been silenced yet again. He ain't perfect, but he's working for it. Looked great on both ends of the floor. Was hoping he'd get more burn in the 2nd half, but I'll settle!
          Joshua Priemski
          NBA blogger
          SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
          www.RufusOnFire.com/
          www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

No cynic here. I feel the love. This season will be a learning experience, but I see some potential. Hopefully Buddha is right and the 3 big rotation will be a force to be reckoned with in a couple of seasons.

Bendit and Blackjitsu (great name), there was some guy in the online game chat who kept on referring to Linus as FrankenKleiza. "Kleiza get ball. Kleiza shoot ball." It was pretty funny. But I think his game will pick up.
            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Nice post Matt, I agree with everything you said. I loved the effort by the team. And the ball distribution was great. If we play hard all year, we can get at least close to the play-offs, and we are lucky we are in an easier conference, so maybe 38-40 wins is enough for a playoff appearance... Our new bigs combine very well, Dorsey/Davis/Johnson/Bargnani is something we need to keep for the long-term.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                Our new bigs combine very well, Dorsey/Davis/Johnson/Bargnani is something we need to keep for the long-term.
                People do realize that he's 27, right?
                Joshua Priemski
                NBA blogger
                SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                www.RufusOnFire.com/
                www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  There were a lot of positives in this game. It didn't hurt that everybody played well with the exception of Amir who did not take advantage of his starting opportunity. He had a couple of nice plays but overall it was a dud in the starting lineup.

With the negativity out of the way, I can't think of any other issues. It was a great team game.

Nice to see Sonny and DD get out of their funk.
                  Joey Dorsey did his best Evans impersonation with 8 rebs, 3 stl, and 1 blk in 18min.
                  Ed Davis had a great first game (anyone else think he looked tired/winded in the second half?)
                  Bayless was awesome getting in to the lane 16pts/6rebs/5asts is a very good line while shooting 6for9 - I do not mean to sound petty but Jarrett who?
                  Jose was efficient.
                  Bargnani was aggressive - he had an offensive reb for a putback (turnaround hook), a dunk on McGee and 8 rebs!

It was also nice to see the Raptors come out with aggression after Sunday's forgettable game and the last game vs. the Wizards.

Do I think the Raptors are going to the playoffs? NO.

Do I expect more frustrating/inconsistent outings like Sunday? YES.

Do games like tonight give me hope for this team in the near future? ABSOLUTELY.

There is a very nice core in place.

Let the cynics take over!
                  Despite the win, I'm really pissed off at Amir. He practically proved that Triano's right for not starting him. Four fouls in 21 minutes will not cut it in the D-League. Completely unacceptable!!!
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    Despite the win, I'm really pissed off at Amir. He practically proved that Triano's right for not starting him. Four fouls in 21 minutes will not cut it in the D-League. Completely unacceptable!!!
                    It is possible that ankle sprain in the 1st bothered him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't hung over.
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Here's my favorite stat from the game, which I haven't heard mentioned anywhere: at halftime, the Raptors had more offensive rebounds (8) than the Wizards had defensive rebounds (7). Combination of great shooting and great work on the offensive glass by our bigs.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                        It is possible that ankle sprain in the 1st bothered him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't hung over.
                        i think its more a case of what u see is what u get with amir... hes been in the league a while now... maybe he should have gone to collage....his IQ prob. was too low for it... i can hear the recruiters now..... "your IQ is tooo low & your ball skillls are too raw son...no scholarship for you" LOL
                        Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Dec 2, 2010, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Introcollapse wrote: View Post
                          People do realize that he's 27, right?
                          27 on December 16. Yes, I am splitting hairs.

I don't think anyone would be looking at Dorsey as a cornerstone of the franchise or anything. I think he would be great to get on a minimum contract and for him to be the 4th/5th big man off the bench. He is everything you want in a teammate and a deep bench player from what I have seen - he works hard/hustles, gives it all he has, will hit anyone, will stand up to anyone, does the dirty work with a smile, and is actually decent in his role.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                            Here's my favorite stat from the game, which I haven't heard mentioned anywhere: at halftime, the Raptors had more offensive rebounds (8) than the Wizards had defensive rebounds (7). Combination of great shooting and great work on the offensive glass by our bigs.
                            another funny stat... the raps outrebounded the wiz by 22.... without having a single player with double digit rebounds

probably means nothing, but i found it interesting when i looked at the box score

Comment

Working...
                            X