No announcement yet.

Bargnani, Davis and Johnson - Lovin It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DoNDaDDa, you feeling it? Do you have the Kool-aid?
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
      DoNDaDDa, you feeling it? Do you have the Kool-aid?
      im not sure its the kool aid going around with these comparisons.... seems more like paint or glue to me...

the team played well, davis looked like he belongs... bargs was aggresive... bayless looked to pass more & played well... but remember everyboby.... washington isnt that good...there young like us... they have an over paid veteran guard who is streaky just like us... they have more off nights then on nights just like us... lets not get ahead of ourselves here.. these guys still have a lot of work to do... & alot more to prove before they can be compaired to the guys mentioned...theve won 2 straight NBA titles & are likly to 3peat
      Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Dec 2, 2010, 02:30 AM.

Comment

as long as its not a vd riddled crack whore, its all good.
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
          as long as its not a vd riddled crack whore, its all good.
          ya thats never good... u come away light in the wallet & feeling screwed in more ways then one LOL

Comment

Dan wrote: View Post
            I'd bet anything that this does not happen.

Still, I have high hopes for these guys, but you're seriously drinking some good kool-aid.

If the trio becomes 2/3rds as good, that's great.
            2/3 is almost for sure if they stay healthy.

Of course that does or does not mean that the Raptors will win back to back titles with them.

I have seen all the rookie bigs play and Davis is better than all of them except for the Amazing Blake.

31 - 13 and 4 assists tonight

None of the Spurs bigs could stop him. First Spurs road loss this season after starting 8 - 0 on the road.

He is now averaging 21 - 12 and 3 assists for the season.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
              i was clearly being sarcastic if you couldn't tell and why would you be comparing them to the Lakers Big Men just because we have three quality bigs???

A way more realistic comparison would be Bargnani =dirk davis=josh smith amir= ? no one really he compares to

odom doesnt compare to any of the raptors bigs his ball handling is to good. Bynum is a true centre all our bigs are more suited as power forwards and gasol slightly compares to bargnani in terms of inside outside however still gasol is more a true centre than bargnani so none of your comparisions are farily accurate although i like your intentions.
              I am comparing them as a unit and what they bring to the Raptors overall team effort.

I only matched the names to give people some point of reference.

The two comparisons that you made, those guys don't play on the same team.

I am looking at the Bargnani, Davis and Johnson as a unit and what they can mean to the Raptors winning.

Having said that I would agree somewhat with your two comparisons however, Davis appears to have a lot higher basketball IQ than Josh Smith.

There difference shows in their style of play.

Davis doesn't look like he is playing as hard as Smith but he will become a more effective all around player, though Smith has become a pretty good defender in his own right.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I'm lovin' it too. Although Amir didn't play much, and had a decent game they fit very well together. I can't believe some think Bargs had a moderate game, he was great IMO. 18 points on 13 shots, 8 rebounds and a block in under 27 minutes. And Ed Davis was even more impressive. Bayless was also great, lovin' the Raptors right now

Comment

I always view wins like these (or any Raps win for that matter), with severe cautious optimism. I won't go as far as the Lakers comparison but the team will be good if:

1. Amir SERIOUSLY addresses his foul issues. Like c'mon!!!
                  2. Bargs had 18 points and pulled down 8 rebounds and a block (averaging 1.5 - 1.7 blocks per game would be nice). I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Bargs averages 8 rebounds a game, he is going to be a real force.
                  3. Davis polishes his offensive game (with time of course).
                  4. Bayless needs to be consistent, cut down TO's and continue to dish the ball.
                  5. Weems and DD continues their aggressiveness, getting to the line.

Nothing new here except no comparisons to teams like the Lakers or OKC.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                    I'm lovin' it too. Although Amir didn't play much, and had a decent game they fit very well together. I can't believe some think Bargs had a moderate game, he was great IMO. 18 points on 13 shots, 8 rebounds and a block in under 27 minutes. And Ed Davis was even more impressive. Bayless was also great, lovin' the Raptors right now
                    Bargs keeps impressing with his hard drives in the paint.

No doubt that when he does that he has got game on offense as good as almost any big in the NBA

Yes I said it and I will say it again.

No doubt that when he does that he has got game on offense as good as almost any big in the NBA.

Anyone else notice his 8 rebounds last night without his Rebounding Assistant on the court.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      I always view wins like these (or any Raps win for that matter), with severe cautious optimism. I won't go as far as the Lakers comparison but the team will be good if:

1. Amir SERIOUSLY addresses his foul issues. Like c'mon!!!
                      2. Bargs had 18 points and pulled down 8 rebounds and a block (averaging 1.5 - 1.7 blocks per game would be nice). I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Bargs averages 8 rebounds a game, he is going to be a real force.
                      3. Davis polishes his offensive game (with time of course).
                      4. Bayless needs to be consistent, cut down TO's and continue to dish the ball.
                      5. Weems and DD continues their aggressiveness, getting to the line.

Nothing new here except no comparisons to teams like the Lakers or OKC.
                      Who compared the Raptors as a team to the Lakers as a team? Team being the operative word.

Johnson will always use his fouls. That is how he plays.

The real question is. Will Johnson on most nights stay on the court for as many minutes as Triano wants?

We will never know the answer to that question.

I for one will continue to be happy with his minutes this season if he can up his mpg to about 23 - 25.

I would not expect much more.

I would expect Davis most likely to move into the starting role at some time in the relatively near future, though more likely to happen things have not happened.

Comment

johnp wrote: View Post
                        I couldn't agree more with everything you just said. I could not believe the crap Colangelo took for pulling off the biggest steal in acquiring Bayless (22 year old PG prospect) and Peja (huge trading chip or free agent money) for the supposed "leader" in Jack. He was the most selfish player on the team before that trade and thank God he's gone. I have no doubt that by season's end Bayless will be our starter and I wouldnt be surprised if Davis will supplant Amir as well.
                        I couldn't agree with you more on everything you said...Jack was overrated and starting to become a cancer on this team and it started in the offseason with his ignorant and defeatist comments about the upcoming season for the Raps. Bayless has already started to help us forget Jackoff and by next month should be the starter. Bryan was taking a lot of heat on this forum from the more ignorant fans but his last move should start to shut them up.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          Bargs keeps impressing with his hard drives in the paint.

No doubt that when he does that he has got game on offense as good as almost any big in the NBA

Yes I said it and I will say it again.

No doubt that when he does that he has got game on offense as good as almost any big in the NBA.

Anyone else notice his 8 rebounds last night without his Rebounding Assistant on the court.
                          +1

Comment

Working...
                          X