Bayless Happy to Be in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayless Happy to Be in Toronto

It's always nice to hear when a player embrances the city of Toronto. And I think for the most part the feelings are mutual. I wouldn't mind seeing him remain here for the long haul.

I can’t lie and say that I knew to much about Toronto prior to being here, but for the short time that I have been here I hope this is something that doesn’t come to an end. It’s not only a city that embraces us as the players we are, but as the people we are as well. You don’t get that everywhere in the world.
    Source - Click here

Really happy to read that.

I was lucky enough to spend the day in Toronto on Tuesday, and (as always) I love the energy the city has. As a U.S. fan of the raptors, it's refreshing to hear that a player feels the same way about the city that I do.

Now if only I could have stayed to see the game.

Comment

Raptors fans should be sending holiday gifts to BC for getting Bayless.

He is one heck of a PG and is only going to get better.

The trades that brought Bayless to the Raptors for Jack it up Jack plus a huge expiring contract along with the Delfino and some other guy for Weems and Johnson were two brilliant trades.

Then the drafting of Davis rather than Orten or A. Bradley or even D. James was another brilliant move.

The signing of Kleiza for the $20 million was an okay deal.

BC is on a roll.

Raptors fans make sure he is on your holiday gift list
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Where are the BC haters aka sleepz, vinnie_paz, sirchilly

Comment

If Bayless can polish up his jumper and if he can constantly take mental notes on how Jose runs a P&R, I think he has the tools to make a lot of noise in the league

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            Raptors fans should be sending holiday gifts to BC for getting Bayless.

He is one heck of a PG and is only going to get better.

The trades that brought Bayless to the Raptors for Jack it up Jack plus a huge expiring contract along with the Delfino and some other guy for Weems and Johnson were two brilliant trades.

Then the drafting of Davis rather than Orten or A. Bradley or even D. James was another brilliant move.

The signing of Kleiza for the $20 million was an okay deal.

BC is on a roll.

Raptors fans make sure he is on your holiday gift list
            the ed davis drafting was a fluke, not Colangelo's "genius". The guy wasn't expected to drop that much in the draft so it was an obvious decision when he was still available.

the Bayless acquisition is on course for an amazing deal though *crosses fingers*

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
              the ed davis drafting was a fluke, not Colangelo's "genius". The guy wasn't expected to drop that much in the draft so it was an obvious decision when he was still available.

the Bayless acquisition is on course for an amazing deal though *crosses fingers*
              The Davis acquisition a fluke?

12 teams passed on him and BC could have been the 13th.

Give BC some credit for being smarter than 11 other GMs in the league.

Next to Wall Davis will turn out to be the best player drafted last June.

On this point it appears that you have a hole in your screen door.

Yea, yea he does.
              Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Dec 2, 2010, 02:38 PM.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

When he was traded for Jarret Jack, I was against that trade and now I couldn't be more happier.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  When he was traded for Jarret Jack, I was against that trade and now I couldn't be more happier.
                  i was actually happy to see JJ go... he was way over hyped..... hence why N.O keeps loosing now that hes there....that guys been a part of some horrible teams, has lost alot of games & it shows....he has looser writen all over him when hes on the court..he also tended to cry like a girl when things would go wrong for him... not a good way to breed confidence in your team mates... the only thing JJ lead was the frustration catagory

bayless has a chance to improve his game with playing time now soo wee will see really soon if hes up for the challange.. hes played well enough to justify the trade... but can we please not hand any of these guys the key to the city yet....there's been too many over hyped mediocre players to get spoiled in this city to begin with... lets just have these guess earn it before we start planning all-star rosters &parade routes...
                  Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Dec 2, 2010, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I was very happy to see Jack leave. I mean, ever since it was rumored that Miami was interested in him, his game and interest in the team dropped. He was no longer playing as a team player. He was trying to do too much and didn't want to give up the ball.
                    I must say that before the trade, I had no idea who Bayless was. I am liking his game, energy, attitude and appreciation for his chance to finally show what he can do, given the chance. Quickness is what I call Bayless!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      So far Jack has stunk it up big time in New Orleans

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                        It's always nice to hear when a player embrances the city of Toronto. And I think for the most part the feelings are mutual. I wouldn't mind seeing him remain here for the long haul.

Source - Click here

Here is the interview in audio

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          So far Jack has stunk it up big time in New Orleans
                          Yep and Bayless is flourishing in T.O which sometimes proves that certain systems can make or break NBA players.

I like the fact that Bayless does not force plays like Jack did and thus far has been playing good and smart basketball. His defence alone is already better that what the Raptors had in the point guard spot in the last 5 years.

Comment

It’s not only a city that embraces us as the players we are, but as the people we are as well. You don’t get that everywhere in the world.
                            I remember Raghib Ishmail saying something very similar about 20yrs ago when he came to play in the CFL.

I like Bayless, have for some time and very happy the Raptors got him. I will say I like Jack, wasn't happy at the time he was dealt and can't deny it, but I definitely prefer Bayless and JB was the reason I accepted the trade (like I had any say in the matter).

Comment

The Raptors and Bayless really lucked out for each other.

The Raps get a player that fits the style they are looking to play long term.

Bayless gets a situation where he doesn't have Andre Miller, Brandon Roy, or Chris Paul in his way. He is over half way through he rookie contract and he needs to show he belongs. He couldn't have asked for a better situation.

None of this has anything to do with the city of Toronto though. It is nice to hear positive things from a young US player.

Comment

Working...
                              X