How Good Can Bayless Become?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Just because you get more playing time does not mean that you are better.

Collison got a break when Paul went down.

I do agree that Collison has shown more, but that is because he has had the opportunity both at NOH and Indiana. That however, does not make him better.

Evans sucks period, I don't care what he does for someone's fantasy team.

The fact is that he can't shoot worth sheet and he can't defend. He is also not as good a passer as Bayless is and has a higher career TOV% than Bayless though not by much. Bayless' Assist per 36 minute rate this season is higher than Evans has had in either of two seasons to date.

Evans is also a ball hog plus. His Usage rate is off the charts and the Kings keep losing. Nuff said.
    No, I did not say that getting playing time makes you better. I said the other two have proven to be better, as a result of their increase in playing time. Bayless, in his less playing time, has not proven anything.

So what exactly makes you think he IS better, if he HASN'T even done anything significant yet? Sure you can say POTENTIAL is there. But not that he's better.

You missed my point about the fantasy thing completely. Shows how you just love making threads (ie. talking) but not really listening. I said because he's on my fantasy team, I watch Sacramento games a lot. Probably more than you. I said nothing about him adding value to my fantasy team.

Then you berate Evans based on points I already addressed. Bayless' career shooting % is not much better. Any stat per 36 is completely stupid, because you would be extrapolating Bayless' play over a short period of time to a longer period, disregarding several key things:
    - Level of competition faced (ie. scrubs off the bench vs starters; Bayless would be facing benches the majority of the time. It would not reflect his play against starting lines).
    - Fatigue that affects play.
    And that's only 2 of the most important ones.

Funny you should say that Evans hogs the ball; I also happen to think Bayless could make an extra pass here and there but I'll call it a wash. And then again, you bring up team success, without minding what I said about how it's completely irrelevant to a player's worth/talent/skill level. I'm not going to rehash what I said before.

It's funny because I don't even like Evans myself; I seriously hope Bayless takes a different path. But I have to admit Evans is better at this point; it's silly if you don't.

Comment

AzureRealm wrote: View Post
      No, I did not say that getting playing time makes you better. I said the other two have proven to be better, as a result of their increase in playing time. Bayless, in his less playing time, has not proven anything.

So what exactly makes you think he IS better, if he HASN'T even done anything significant yet? Sure you can say POTENTIAL is there. But not that he's better.

You missed my point about the fantasy thing completely. Shows how you just love making threads (ie. talking) but not really listening. I said because he's on my fantasy team, I watch Sacramento games a lot. Probably more than you. I said nothing about him adding value to my fantasy team.

Then you berate Evans based on points I already addressed. Bayless' career shooting % is not much better. Any stat per 36 is completely stupid, because you would be extrapolating Bayless' play over a short period of time to a longer period, disregarding several key things:
      - Level of competition faced (ie. scrubs off the bench vs starters; Bayless would be facing benches the majority of the time. It would not reflect his play against starting lines).
      - Fatigue that affects play.
      And that's only 2 of the most important ones.

Funny you should say that Evans hogs the ball; I also happen to think Bayless could make an extra pass here and there but I'll call it a wash. And then again, you bring up team success, without minding what I said about how it's completely irrelevant to a player's worth/talent/skill level. I'm not going to rehash what I said before.

It's funny because I don't even like Evans myself; I seriously hope Bayless takes a different path. But I have to admit Evans is better at this point; it's silly if you don't.
      I think you are losing the argument because you have started to berate my opinion.

This discussion is over.

I don't discuss anything with someone once they start to attack me personally. You can attack my opinions all you want but when you say "if you don't agree with me it is silly" the discussion is over.

Have a nice day
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I think you are losing the argument because you have started to berate my opinion.

This discussion is over.

I don't discuss anything with someone once they start to attack me personally. You can attack my opinions all you want but when you say "if you don't agree with me it is silly" the discussion is over.

Have a nice day
        whattodo?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          He had a nice penetrade and kick out to a wide open Bargnani for a 3 last night. One play but I think he is capable.
          They need to just make him focus on that in practice, this is what the true maestro pgs of today do, they have the quickness and handles to get in the paint, if they dont draw the defense they draw a foul, if they draw the defense they find the open guy and kick it out, nice to see that is implementing some of that, it should be his focus everytime he takes the rock to the whole.
          "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Nice game vs Knicks.

Two bad only two Raptors players showed up
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

This discussion is over.

Have a nice day
              I was not trying to win or lose an argument; were you? If anything I was hoping you could respond to some of the thoughts I had on how Bayless was no better than Tyreke in shooting over the years and how team success does not measure individual value, but you merely sidestepped those thoughts.

I have not berated your opinion. You posted your opinion; I posted mine; They differed. That's all it was. And I supported my opinion with additional comments; you simply restated your opinion and then made some inaccurate remarks about me and some facts to try and support yours.

BTW, "if you don't agree with me it is silly" is just what happens when two people have different opinions. Besides, you essentially say it when you said "Give us a break" or "Nuff said". So, perhaps you should not attack me "personally" (Don't worry, I didn't take it personal though )

Comment

Collison and Evans rather than Bayless???

Say What?

Who goofed I got to know?

Comment

As that post wasn't even coherent, I couldn't understand that.

Comment

How does that 88% of RaptorsRepulic fans feel about Bayless now ??
                    88% here thought he is either and ALL-STAR or a SOLID starter in this league.

Yes, you said it. Be aware of the Conman that is running this team.

Comment

Can you add a category as a complete and utter failure so I can vote for that. He is trash and will never amount to anything. The PG position is so deep and he is so outclassed its not even funny. He is not NBA caliber. Its just a matter of time before he sours the locker room too. JJ was so much better as a backup.

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post
                        Can you add a category as a complete and utter failure so I can vote for that. He is trash and will never amount to anything. The PG position is so deep and he is so outclassed its not even funny. He is not NBA caliber. Its just a matter of time before he sours the locker room too. JJ was so much better as a backup.
                        JJ was a scrub, i'd rather have Bayless any day.

Comment

I'm watchin the Thunder game right now and Bayless is doing very well, got a handfull of assists and hit a few jumpers. This guy is learning to play more as a PG rather than a SG.

Comment

I'm failing to see how he's a complete and utter failure. He's getting the most minutes that he's received in his career and he's doing a solid job as a backup. He's putting up career highs across the board.

Comment

^ I get he is still young and everything, but he doesn't run the show properly the way a point guard should. He makes bad passes the rare times that he passes the ball and most of the time is trying to do too much himself with the ball. He has been getting tons of time to play and is ranked 100th in the league in the guard position. Like come on, can we just get some talent already. please

Comment

^ I get he is still young and everything, but he doesn't run the show properly the way a point guard should. He makes bad passes the rare times that he passes the ball and most of the time is trying to do too much himself with the ball. He has been getting tons of time to play and is ranked 100th in the league in the guard position. Like come on, can we just get some talent already. please
                                Every young player is going to make mistakes. That's the nature of it. Bayless isn't a true PG the way Calderon is - he's a combo guard, but he's been doing a pretty admirable job as a backup point guard. I don't know what you're expecting here.

Comment

Working...
                                X