View Poll Results: How Good Can Bayless Become?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • An All-Star player

19 29.69%
  • A solid starter but not an All-Star

33 51.56%
  • A J. Jack type player

6 9.38%
  • A career bench roatation player

6 9.38%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: How Good Can Bayless Become?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Did you see T.Lawson last night ? He is in this league less time than Bayless.
    Did you see James Harden the other night ?

These are the type of guys who will be solid starters in this league and are worth investing money and time and future of the team on them.

It is one thing to go through rebuild and bring in youth, it is another to invest and waste time on Scrubs.

88% of the delusional fans here thought this guy is an ALL-STAR or SOLID NBA Starter. After all these games and having ONLY a hurt Jose Calderon to compete with for the starting position, I have yet seen any signs of this guy being anything more than an undersized Combo Guard in this league.
    Here's the thing, bro. The title of this thread is "How Good Can Bayless Become?", not "How Good is Bayless NOW?". Obviously there's a lot of time for the kid to prove himself, and he's doing a decent job as a backup to date.
    And you might want to cease with attacking the people on here. Not really a good look. You can agree to disagree, but you can't come on here calling people out by refering to them as delusional.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Next season i want to see this guy put up double what he's putting up know and take over starting role. Then we can say we have a badass PG. I agree with Mango this guy has alot of potential, you guys can't write him off on his first season here give him some time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    Next season i want to see this guy put up double what he's putting up know and take over starting role. Then we can say we have a badass PG. I agree with Mango this guy has alot of potential, you guys can't write him off on his first season here give him some time.
    I agree, I think Triano sucks the life out of alot of talent too, in my opinion. I would like to see JB play for a more dynamic coach who has a real sense of what kind of offense and defense he wants to run. Ettore Messina!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Here's the thing, bro. The title of this thread is "How Good Can Bayless Become?", not "How Good is Bayless NOW?". Obviously there's a lot of time for the kid to prove himself, and he's doing a decent job as a backup to date.
    There are 2 points here that needs to be addressed :

1) "Become" part

2) decent " Back Up".

1) How do you evaluate a young talnet in this league?

a) Their age
    b) number of years they have been in NBA
    c) How much their game improved year to year
    d) How good their game is for their age

Bayless is nothing exceptional in either category when you compare him to the likes of Lawson, Harden or many other young talented PG in this league. He has been in the league longer than both of those guys, he is abit older than them, his game has not improved at the same rate as the other 2 and he is very behind in his production compare to the two.

Now, I think we both agree that neither Lawson or Harden are ALL-STAR players in this league. But they are showing flashed that they can be solid Starters. Now, if we take these guys as solid starters of future, then what really Bayless is ??

I want my team to invest on promising young talents like Harden and not unknowns with the ceiling of back up PG like Bayless.

b) Back Up : In this thread, 88% voted for all star or solid starter and not for back up. That is the point I am making. I can tell you this though, I do belive if we are patient with Bayless , give him playing time, let him learn the PG position and hold his hand, he can, in few years , become a Solid Back Up PG like what Jack was already !!!

Which then it begs the question, why not keep Jack as Back up, try to make a trade for guys with real talent in that PG position and focus on them ??!!

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    And you might want to cease with attacking the people on here.
    I am not attacking anyone here but I do believe that people who voted that this guy will be an ALL_STAR or a Solid Starter are delusional.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so if thats how it works, then I believe people that come on here and call other people names are really ignorant losers with nothing better to do with their time except force their opinion on other people. In my opinion.

I think you were the same one that was gloating after James Johnson had ONE bad game. Haven't really had much to say on that matter lately have you?

Jury is still out on Bayless. He has a TON of talent, and unfortunately, because of injuries this year, hasn't had a fair chance to show whats he's got. Every other place he's been, he's playing behind BRoy and CP3. Tough circumstances for anyone to try and get some PT.

ADD I didn't read ANY of what you just wrote, except your response to Mango.

ADD I was one of the people that said I think he'd be a Solid Starter. I still stand by it.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 22nd, 2011 at 07:48 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I think you were the same one that was gloating after James Johnson had ONE bad game. Haven't really had much to say on that matter lately have you?

First of All, I am not forcing my opinion on anyone, I am just stating the obvious based on the facts on hands.

Second of all, Are you saying James Johnson is an ALL-STAR or Solid STARER in this league as well Come on man, get Real !!!

Lets make a Poll here on that and see how many delusional Raptor fans believe this !!

Post Thanks / Like

First of All, I am not forcing my opinion on anyone, I am just stating the obvious based on the facts on hands.

Second of all, Are you saying James Johnson is an ALL-STAR or Solid STARER in this league as well Come on man, get Real !!!

Lets make a Poll here on that and see how many delusional Raptor fans believe this !!
    Then that is fine. State facts. But don't call people delusional when they have a legitimate counter argument that is supported by facts as well. It's alot more fun to have a debate with someone when they are mature enough to listen and acknowledge the counter-argument.

As for James Johnson, where did I say that I thought he was going to be an All Star?
    I was just saying, that you were calling people delusional when they were saying James Johnson was a good pick up. Now .. what do you have to say about that? You were saying he's a scrub, and now you don't have much to back that up with the way he's been playing .. as a SOLID STARTER.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    T
    I was just saying, that you were calling people delusional when they were saying James Johnson was a good pick up. Now .. what do you have to say about that? You were saying he's a scrub, and now you don't have much to back that up with the way he's been playing .. as a SOLID STARTER.
    Solid Starter !!! No He is NOT.

Jason Richardson is a solid starer. Ron Artest is a Solid starter. Landry filed is a solid starter and ....

I still stand by what I said, James Johnson is a scrub, a rotational player at it best and not a starter in this level.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Solid Starter !!! No He is NOT.

Jason Richardson is a solid starer. Ron Artest is a Solid starter. Landry filed is a solid starter and ....

I still stand by what I said, James Johnson is a scrub, a rotational player at it best and not a starter in this level.
    Your a scrub, why r u comparing Bayless to J rich and Artest? your clearly an idiot. So stop trolling without proof.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Your a scrub, why r u comparing Bayless to J rich and Artest? your clearly an idiot. So stop trolling without proof.
    LOL, Calm Down pal, you obviously have no idea what this discussion is about. You are Hilarious man.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

James Harden is NOT a PG, I repeat NOT a PG. Eric Maynor is their backup PG. Just a little FYI for you Raptor4Ever.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL, Calm Down pal, you obviously have no idea what this discussion is about. You are Hilarious man.
    How do i not know what this discussion is about? the title says it all. Your an idiot comparing Bayless whos been in the nba what like 2 years? to J rich and Artest who are respected players and have been in the league for a while. And your calling James Johnson a scrub? he's the best defensive player on the team and i think he is playing great for our team. instead of sitting here bashing our team why don't you try and give some useful information instead of spitting BS all over the forums. And on top of that you don't even have proof to back up what you say. You can't expect all of our players to be amazing right off the bat, you gotta give em time to develop their skills and chemistry with their teammates.
    Last edited by Raptors_; Thu Mar 24th, 2011 at 03:40 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Your an idiot comparing Bayless whos been in the nba what like 2 years? to J rich and Artest who are respected players and have been in the league for a while.
    Again, Calm Down Pal All this stress is not good for you and can mess with your growth in your teenage years.

The discussion is about Bayless being a starter or an ALL-Star in the league. To be an Solid Starter, you have to be put up some decent numbers and show growth. You don't like comparison to Artest and J Rich since they have been in the league for too long, then fine , lets discuss some of his old teammate

Rudy Fernandez, Nicolas Batum They are putting up better number than him now and have shown more growth and promise, If they are going to be starters in future NBA, What will Bayless be

Do you want me to name more young players or do you get what I am trying to say.

And your calling James Johnson a scrub? he's the best defensive player on the team and i think he is playing great for our team.
    I thought Amir Johsnon was the best defensive player !!! you guys should make up your mind when it comes to all this BEST and WORST stuff

Now, being a best player in a 18 win team, with the worst defense in NBA, does not really say much about a player, does it ?

Now, as far as James Johnson being a NBA starter right now , name me the teams that he can start for as a SF except for Raptors, Cleavland and maybe Kings, he would be sitting at the end of the bench for the rest of NBA.

Lets face it, Paxton is a great in evaluating potentials and he passed on James Johnson. What does that tell ??

You might be young and don't remember Mike James But when he was putting up those numbers in Toronto, people here were talking about all star and ... Where did he go after Raptor

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, Calm Down Pal All this stress is not good for you and can mess with your growth in your teenage years.

The discussion is about Bayless being a starter or an ALL-Star in the league. To be an Solid Starter, you have to be put up some decent numbers and show growth. You don't like comparison to Artest and J Rich since they have been in the league for too long, then fine , lets discuss some of his old teammate

Rudy Fernandez, Nicolas Batum They are putting up better number than him now and have shown more growth and promise, If they are going to be starters in future NBA, What will Bayless be

Do you want me to name more young players or do you get what I am trying to say.

I thought Amir Johsnon was the best defensive player !!! you guys should make up your mind when it comes to all this BEST and WORST stuff

Now, being a best player in a 18 win team, with the worst defense in NBA, does not really say much about a player, does it ?

Now, as far as James Johnson being a NBA starter right now , name me the teams that he can start for as a SF except for Raptors, Cleavland and maybe Kings, he would be sitting at the end of the bench for the rest of NBA.

Lets face it, Paxton is a great in evaluating potentials and he passed on James Johnson. What does that tell ??

You might be young and don't remember Mike James But when he was putting up those numbers in Toronto, people here were talking about all star and ... Where did he go after Raptor
    you should really calm down with the smilies. Btw you do realise that all the players on the team are like 25 under? besides barbosa, Calderon and Evans. Not every player in the nba can become an all star overnight, so stop trolling and just wait.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Stress? the only thing thats giving me stress right now are your smartass posts.

Thread Information