No announcement yet.

We Need One More Player on Our Roster!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Need One More Player on Our Roster!!

Ever since the J. Bayless and Peja trade where we traded 3 for 2 players we lost out on one player. When is Colangelo going to replace that player on our roster? I think we need another big ! Maybe as I see it Colangelo is looking for a 2 for our 1 players and getting a big in return as well as another maybe a small forward. What do you guys think?

It is not a given that a team carries 15 players. The league minimum is 13 and most teams seem to do 14. The extra roster space allows a pick up if an injury occurs to a position where a team might be thin, it allows for 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 or 4 for 3 or whatever trades which is important given how difficult it can be to complete a trade, and it also saves a team money (obviously).

The Raptors are fine as is IMO. There is no need to go deeper than 10 in a game unless injuries or fouls occur. This is another reason I like Dorsey, he works hard and seems genuinely happy to be there and accepts his role.

Comment

badbob wrote: View Post
      Ever since the J. Bayless and Peja trade where we traded 3 for 2 players we lost out on one player. When is Colangelo going to replace that player on our roster? I think we need another big ! Maybe as I see it Colangelo is looking for a 2 for our 1 players and getting a big in return as well as another maybe a small forward. What do you guys think?
      Why now? Are you looking to make the playoffs?

Davis (a defensive big) has just returned and we dont quite know what he is capable of over a period of time. There might be movement around the trade deadline or if someone falls into BC's lap at any position that he cant passup on. Stay put for now is my position and see what this team can bring especially against the above .500 teams. Tonight is one of those tests.

Comment

I agree with matt and bendit
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

save that spot when Calderon or Bayless get injured and we need a 3rd string PG.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

whats the point of picking up another player? to spend more cash on another garbage time only player?

the raps got julian wright.. thats plenty.

i for one am happy we have much less healthy players in suits at games than we've had in years

Comment

why? There aren't any minutes and Colangelo will probably do one more trade before the season is done.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I saw on a blog(maybe Dough Smith's) that they will try to use Peja's contract to get some younger players to go with the youth movement. If they get a two for one, that would be great, but it's about getting youth. It would be disappointing for him to sign someone just to sign them and then not have room to bring in more potential.

I also saw somewhere, here maybe, that Peja believed he was going to get traded to the 76ers rght away for Andre iguodala. Would that be a good thing for us? He's a good player but I don't believe he could take us over the top, plus he has a big contract.

Comment

Nah, we don't need anymore payroll.

Comment

There is a lot to be said about how OKC is building their team. Sure they are lucky landing Durant but their other players are great pickings during the draft or good trades with a vision of how their team plays. All this by maintaining cap space to retain flexibility for a big acquisition or pay their current players when their time comes (and it is coming pretty soon). As well by having the core 4-5 of approx. similar age they maintain a camaraderie within the team to help during the down times. I hope this is the approach BC takes rather than upsetting the balance before it is really required or without a strategic view. This is a great chance for change on how this team will play going forward from the Bosh era. We know how they had to play with him here and not much happened. The league is moving away from that style. Even the Heat want to do that (guard emphasis for offense rather than from their bigs).

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                      I saw on a blog(maybe Dough Smith's) that they will try to use Peja's contract to get some younger players to go with the youth movement. If they get a two for one, that would be great, but it's about getting youth. It would be disappointing for him to sign someone just to sign them and then not have room to bring in more potential.

I also saw somewhere, here maybe, that Peja believed he was going to get traded to the 76ers rght away for Andre iguodala. Would that be a good thing for us? He's a good player but I don't believe he could take us over the top, plus he has a big contract.
                      As much as I would LOVE for Iggy to come here, where would that leave DD? If we didn't have Dero, we'd probably be a top suitor to land AI9 for what he brings. I was one of the few fansl that thought that Peja had a place in this team. It turns out that the team is simply protecting him from injury. If we can parlay Peja into something, that would be really great. Unfortunately, the market is saturated with so-so players. Why stack the roster with another deadbeat.

PS> The Jack trade is looking very good for the Raps. I dunno if people are following but he has no impact on NO whatsoever. Andersen and Banks are not even in the states! Bayless is going to have a major impact!
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                        save that spot when Calderon or Bayless get injured and we need a 3rd string PG.
                        Barbosa could fill the void. Maybe that could get free up some minutes for Wright, but hopefully everyone remains healthy.

Comment

Uh, guys...he wants a big because other than Bargs, this team doesn't have an active center on the bench (I consider Alabi inactive). So unless we play Amir at the center, where he gives up 3-4 inches in most cases, I can see his point.

Dwayne Jones, anyone?

Yeah, the guy we waived.
                          Joshua Priemski
                          NBA blogger
                          SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                          www.RufusOnFire.com/
                          www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Introcollapse wrote: View Post
                            Uh, guys...he wants a big because other than Bargs, this team doesn't have an active center on the bench (I consider Alabi inactive). So unless we play Amir at the center, where he gives up 3-4 inches in most cases, I can see his point.

Dwayne Jones, anyone?

Yeah, the guy we waived.
                            Amir Johnson is about 6'10 or 6'11 now, so unless he's matched up with Shaq or Ilgauskas he is about the same height. He is thin though. We have Alabi for the future so we don't need a center for now, but a trade involving Dalembert and Stojakovic wouldn't be too bad.

Comment

Working...
                            X