Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Draft or Playoffs?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    also a #1 can get an Oden & a #16 can land a joey graham etc...
    Very good points!

Raptors Republic Starter tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Playoffs. You need to send a message to our players that we are a good team!

Now after a supposed playoff run, Colangelo must still draft smartly (1st and 2nd Round) and not sign lazy-ass 3pt shooters and f$@% up the grit and effort level we have now. What he did so bad after 2006-2007, was sign Kapono and not get Pietrus and omitted any picks from the 2007 draft.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

A top 3 pick gives this team its best chance of becoming a true contender going forward. Otherwise, chances are good they'll end up back on the treadmill.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brasky wrote: View Post
    A top 3 pick gives this team its best chance of becoming a true contender going forward. Otherwise, chances are good they'll end up back on the treadmill.
    I agree about the top 3 pick but unless they get lucky in the lottery or trade to move up, I do not see a top 3 pick in this team's future. Key words were best chance.

I disagree on the treadmill. This team is showing more promise than they have in years.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

PLAYOFFS.

We'll still have 2 1st rounders we can toy with. Maybe a two picks for 1 deal or something.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    PLAYOFFS.

We'll still have 2 1st rounders we can toy with. Maybe a two picks for 1 deal or something.
    And take on a bad contract for good measure with the TPE to get a very high draft pick.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I agree about the top 3 pick but unless they get lucky in the lottery or trade to move up, I do not see a top 3 pick in this team's future. Key words were best chance.

I disagree on the treadmill. This team is showing more promise than they have in years.
    Promising yes ... however, this team still needs a true alpha dog to lead the way. People are kidding themselves if they think Bargnani or Derozan or whoever is going to develop into a top 10 player.

Post Thanks / Like

Promising yes ... however, this team still needs a true alpha dog to lead the way. People are kidding themselves if they think Bargnani or Derozan or whoever is going to develop into a top 10 player.
    DD - agreed.
    Bargnani - maybe not top 10 but top 20 is possible if he continues as he has been the past 10 games minus WSH first game. History is not on his side but something is happening with that guy. His look, demeanor, game is all exuding confidence like never before. He has certainly stepped up his game.

My interpretation of a true alpha dog is a franchise player. They are few and far between but if the Raps did get one, it would certainly take them farther than the franchise has ever been, IMO.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lets go raptors, they are ranked 16th in ESPN's Hollinger Power rankings
    http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/page/2

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani can lead us, offensively for sure. We can do it ala football, we'll have an offensive captain and a defensive captain.

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Go for the playoffs!!! The Raps need to build a winning atmosphere without Rupaul and we have a very good core of young players with some cap room to add some FA's in the offseason. However, in order for the Raps to bring in quality FA's we need to win and that starts with being a playoff team this season. We already have 2 first round picks so I'm confident that we can get a solid player with one of those picks. Plus you can still rebuild and win at the same time...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information