Draft or Playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    While unlikely, a 17 can yield a Danny Granger or 21 Michael Finley or 30 David Lee.
    also a #1 can get an Oden & a #16 can land a joey graham etc...

Comment

They play their @sses off and let the chips fall where they may.

'Tanking' or worrying about a top 5 draft pick can go horribly wrong. They will have enough financial flexibility and draft picks already to possibly move up.
      right on, Matt. Albertan10, say what? Isn't this the 3rd or 4th time this season we had the same thread?
      Last edited by RaptorDan; Sat Dec 4, 2010, 03:24 AM.
      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

P-l-a-y-o-f-f-s

Comment

But our team playing the best and most enjoyable basketball will make the 9th seed

Comment

playoff, we need experience and you don't take this with a pick!
            Let's go Raptors!

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
              also a #1 can get an Oden & a #16 can land a joey graham etc...
              Very good points!

Comment

Playoffs. You need to send a message to our players that we are a good team!

Now after a supposed playoff run, Colangelo must still draft smartly (1st and 2nd Round) and not sign lazy-ass 3pt shooters and f$@% up the grit and effort level we have now. What he did so bad after 2006-2007, was sign Kapono and not get Pietrus and omitted any picks from the 2007 draft.

Comment

A top 3 pick gives this team its best chance of becoming a true contender going forward. Otherwise, chances are good they'll end up back on the treadmill.

Comment

Brasky wrote: View Post
                    A top 3 pick gives this team its best chance of becoming a true contender going forward. Otherwise, chances are good they'll end up back on the treadmill.
                    I agree about the top 3 pick but unless they get lucky in the lottery or trade to move up, I do not see a top 3 pick in this team's future. Key words were best chance.

I disagree on the treadmill. This team is showing more promise than they have in years.

Comment

PLAYOFFS.

We'll still have 2 1st rounders we can toy with. Maybe a two picks for 1 deal or something.
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                        PLAYOFFS.

We'll still have 2 1st rounders we can toy with. Maybe a two picks for 1 deal or something.
                        And take on a bad contract for good measure with the TPE to get a very high draft pick.

Comment

I agree about the top 3 pick but unless they get lucky in the lottery or trade to move up, I do not see a top 3 pick in this team's future. Key words were best chance.

I disagree on the treadmill. This team is showing more promise than they have in years.
                          Promising yes ... however, this team still needs a true alpha dog to lead the way. People are kidding themselves if they think Bargnani or Derozan or whoever is going to develop into a top 10 player.

Comment

Promising yes ... however, this team still needs a true alpha dog to lead the way. People are kidding themselves if they think Bargnani or Derozan or whoever is going to develop into a top 10 player.
                            DD - agreed.
                            Bargnani - maybe not top 10 but top 20 is possible if he continues as he has been the past 10 games minus WSH first game. History is not on his side but something is happening with that guy. His look, demeanor, game is all exuding confidence like never before. He has certainly stepped up his game.

My interpretation of a true alpha dog is a franchise player. They are few and far between but if the Raps did get one, it would certainly take them farther than the franchise has ever been, IMO.

Comment

lets go raptors, they are ranked 16th in ESPN's Hollinger Power rankings
                              http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/page/2
                              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Bargnani can lead us, offensively for sure. We can do it ala football, we'll have an offensive captain and a defensive captain.

Comment

Working...
                                X