OKC Post Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OKC Post Game

Absolutely great game. At one point my wife came down and said, "What is all the noise? Be quiet the baby is asleep!" That was the lob from Jose to Amir on to of Sefolosha (I think it was him).

The Raptors played hard. What a great game. They only played 9 and I think that was important. Injuries and blow outs are the only reason to go deep.

Bargnani is coming in to his own. From memory he had 3 offensive rebounds where he actually went to get the ball. 2 ended up being blocked or missed but he was aggressive. The third was at the end of the game that help put it away where he went from the top of the key straight down the lane to get it - awesome. And 12rebs. I think it might have been his most complete game in the NBA.

Amir played great. I've given him crap the last couple of games but he played great tonight.

Ed Davis was solid again. So much potential. I really am surprised at how much he bulked up.

DD had a great foul on Jeff Green when Green had him in the post. He nailed him, sent him to the floor, then walked over him. Awesome. I love it.

Sonny had some great dunks - a few really bad TO's though but we'll over look them on the dunks lol.

Bayless trade is turning in to an absolute steal. ESPN is still reporting NOH got the better end of the deal and BC is sofa-king-we-tar-Ted.

Calderon was the conductor tonight - a great showing.

I really don't mean to sound like a cheerleader but with the effort they showed tonight, I wouldn't have cared if they lost. What a great game. Triano and staff deserve a lot of credit for coming back the last 2 games after the nightmare that was ATL.

Bring on the KNICKS!

*On a totally unrelated note: Kemba Walker had a triple double tonight 24/13/10.*
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Dec 3, 2010, 10:55 PM.

Great game indeed ! after this game I understood that 95% of the people of this forum does not know what are they talkin' about and the ESPN reporters are just stealing their wages!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Absolutely great game. At one point my wife came down and said, "What is all the noise? Be quiet the baby is asleep!" That was the lob from Jose to Amir on to of Sefolosha (I think it was him).

The Raptors played hard. What a great game. They only played 9 and I think that was important. Injuries and blow outs are the only reason to go deep.

Bargnani is coming in to his own. From memory he had 3 offensive rebounds where he actually went to get the ball. 2 ended up being blocked or missed but he was aggressive. The third was at the end of the game that help put it away where he went from the top of the key straight down the lane to get it - awesome. And 12rebs. I think it might have been his most complete game in the NBA.

Amir played great. I've given him crap the last couple of games but he played great tonight.

Ed Davis was solid again. So much potential. I really am surprised at how much he bulked up.

DD had a great foul on Jeff Green when Green had him in the post. He nailed him, sent him to the floor, then walked over him. Awesome. I love it.

Sonny had some great dunks - a few really bad TO's though but we'll over look them on the dunks lol.

Bayless trade is turning in to an absolute steal. ESPN is still reporting NOH got the better end of the deal and BC is sofa-king-we-tar-Ted.

Calderon was the conductor tonight - a great showing.

I really don't mean to sound like a cheerleader but with the effort they showed tonight, I wouldn't have cared if they lost. What a great game. Triano and staff deserve a lot of credit for coming back the last 2 games after the nightmare that was ATL.

Bring on the KNICKS!

*On a totally unrelated note: Kemba Walker had a triple double tonight 24/13/10.*
      So hilarious brother, the exact same thing happened with me and my wife. I have a 6 week old and my wife was like 'why do you care about Oklahoma' I wasn't going to try and tell her what a great team we beat tonight, and how hard a team we are this year...she just wouldn't get it.

So far this game and last weeks loss to Boston have been my favorite games this season. (Even though I wen to the Wiz game and loved it too). I really appreciate how hard we work, so unusual for us Raps fans to see that. So far this could be one of my favourite seasons...I can't believe I just said that!

Go Raps!
      i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

footie wrote: View Post
        Great game indeed ! after this game I understood that 95% of the people of this forum does not know what are they talkin' about and the ESPN reporters are just stealing their wages!
        Nice win at home taking care of business against a Thunder team without KD.

To be a good team you first have to win games at home that you should win.

The change in the starting rotation so far has yielded positive results
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

footie wrote: View Post
          Let's not get carried away here....

Don't get me wrong, this was a great showing by the Raps and I enjoyed every minute, but they were up against an exhausted squad coming off a triple overtime game, missing their best player. The Raps played with a ton of energy, ran them out of the gym and the tired legs showed for OKC as they started missing long looks in the second half. Credit the Raps for having a solid gameplan, pushing the pace as much as possible and forcing the kind of long perimeter shots that tired legs struggle with, but we should all realize also that a rested Thunder team, with KD, probably win this game.

The raps are certainly playing great ball relative to the beginning of the season, but let's not call this ugly duckling a swan just yet, ok?

Comment

Nine New Faces wrote: View Post

Don't get me wrong, this was a great showing by the Raps and I enjoyed every minute, but they were up against an exhausted squad coming off a triple overtime game, missing their best player. The Raps played with a ton of energy, ran them out of the gym and the tired legs showed for OKC as they started missing long looks in the second half. Credit the Raps for having a solid gameplan, pushing the pace as much as possible and forcing the kind of long perimeter shots that tired legs struggle with, but we should all realize also that a rested Thunder team, with KD, probably win this game.

The raps are certainly playing great ball relative to the beginning of the season, but let's not call this ugly duckling a swan just yet, ok?
            As much as I agree with 95% of what you said, this is an NBA season, no team out there really cares if you played the night before, had a triple overtime game. Every game is a 'must win'. Like Herm Edwards says, "You play to win the game!" And our Raptors played hard and everyone brought forth the effort needed to beat a team like OKC, which was on a roll until this evening. Having a KD playing, would probably reduce the amount of shots, Harden takes, Green takes, and even Westbrook. *shrugs*.

But yeah, we're not at the Swan stage yet... hehe... still shedding the ugly feathers.
            #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

I'm not afraid to admit my man-crush for Dorsey. The guy did not play tonight but everytime the camera was on him tonight he was smiling and cheering on the team. I love it which is why I think he is great as a 3rd string big and I hope he sticks around past this year - albeit on a minimum contract.

The one instance that sticks out in my mind is the running layup Bargnani took in the first period where the ball stayed on the rim for a couple of seconds. YOu could see Dorsey in the background, huge smile, fist pumped, like a kid at Christmas running in to the living room looking at presents under the tree. Thsoe are the guys you need at the end of the bench.

Comment

I'm not sure where I read this, but I read that Dorsey had troubles finding a team to play for so he had stints in the D-League. I think it had something to do with his attitude. But given the things I've learnt about him so far, he's a classy guy who really sticks up for his teamates through thick and thin. I bet he's not regretting any moment right now, being with this team and not in the D-League. I remember, when we first signed him, all I know was this guy was a monster who no one picked on in the paint.

Glad to have him on our team and not playing against this bruiser! I think his attitude reflects well with the rest of team.
                #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

This was not a backtoback for OKC...they played the Nets on Wed.

This is quite normal in the NBA. That said they did not have KD. And not to compare, we didnt have a starter either...Reggie

Life is a bitch sometimes on the road. The point really is...how many people actually thought the Raps would play the game the way they did. I dont think OKC did either.

Comment

What you said was 99% right, but take a look at the character of the Raptors team that played. Every Raptor tried to outrun the already quick, even if tired, Thunder team. They were still being tormented by the Thunder until they really changed their game plan in the 3rd quarter. OKC knew they were tired, but they can still beat a sub 0.500 very easily due to the fact that they never say die even if you cut their legs off.

Give credit where it was due because our Raps team capitalized as many turnovers the Thunder made, every player rebounded the ball, and Triano called the necessary timeouts (especially late in the 4th).

I'm not going crazy yet, but I know the last year team would of gotten the s#$% kicked out of them by this tired OKC team. Jarret Jack would of went 1-14 and committed 7 TOs, Bosh would of been prison-banged by Ibaka, and Turkoglu would of ate Pizza Pizza as he watches Jeff Green dunk the ball.

Comment

RPT23 wrote: View Post
                      I'm not sure where I read this, but I read that Dorsey had troubles finding a team to play for so he had stints in the D-League. I think it had something to do with his attitude. But given the things I've learnt about him so far, he's a classy guy who really sticks up for his teamates through thick and thin. I bet he's not regretting any moment right now, being with this team and not in the D-League. I remember, when we first signed him, all I know was this guy was a monster who no one picked on in the paint.

Glad to have him on our team and not playing against this bruiser! I think his attitude reflects well with the rest of team.
                      He spent a large chunk of time with the Under-Dog-everyday Houston Rockets or 2009-2010. He had Carl Landry (over achieving gunshot victim survivor), Shane Battier (superb locker room man), Scola (workhorse), Aaron Brooks (character guy), Hayes (non-talented blue collar guy that earned it).

He picked up a lot of good character traits on that team I have to say, and took advantage of his playing time there (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTD5ExdIzpY).

Comment

I loved the game, I think we can make the playoffs playing this way, if 38 or so wins is enough. But I'm loving the effort, hustle and heart. I am enjoying this season so friggin' much.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                          I loved the game, I think we can make the playoffs playing this way, if 38 or so wins is enough. But I'm loving the effort, hustle and heart. I am enjoying this season so friggin' much.
                          Totally agree. And you're right, there is very little chance we can over-achieve so much as to play better than .500 ball. But it seems that those darn Raps are tantalizing us into being believers in the playoffs.

I know my wife is rooting for the Raps. If they win 40 times this season it means she'll get laid at least that much.
                          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Great game and the good coaching is starting to show. Team just needs to stay health and sky the limit.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              This was not a backtoback for OKC...they played the Nets on Wed.

This is quite normal in the NBA. That said they did not have KD. And not to compare, we didnt have a starter either...Reggie

Life is a bitch sometimes on the road. The point really is...how many people actually thought the Raps would play the game the way they did. I dont think OKC did either.
                              OKC beat Boston on the road without KD and Jeff Green. So this is a very capable team even without KD around. Proud of the Raps' win last night.

Comment

Working...
                              X