View Poll Results: Which Positions Due The Raptors Need To Improve the Most?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Power positions; i.e. #4 and #5?

12 26.09%
  • Wing positons; i.e. #2 and #3?

31 67.39%
  • Main ballhandler and distrutor; i.e. #1

18 39.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Which Position Do The Raptors Need To Upgrade The Most?

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I agree that the Raptors wings didn't do their job today.

Triano is also under the bus today.

He was totally out coached by D'Antoni

The Knicks had way too many open uncontested 20 - 25 footers that they wound up making.

Triano knows his personnel and what they can do.

The Raptors wing players spent all day on defense trying to outrun passes to the open guys parked right behind the three point line.

You can't outrun the passed ball.

Triano and Carlesimo should have come up with an adequate or better defensive scheme for today's game.

The Knicks also did a good job of making it difficult for Bargnani to get off more than than just a limited number of open shots. Very good defense by the Knicks today.
    I disagree that our wings are the problem raptors have no choice but to help.

A team like NY you have to match up one on one and we have no one defensively that can match up with amare so our wings have to help out NY knew this and exploited the situation.

Post Thanks / Like

where's the COACH option

Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post
    where's the COACH option
    As much as I like what Jay stands for I have to agree 100%. Jay is best suited as an assistant and he's in over his head. The Raptors haven't gone out and spent REAL money on a REAL coach since Lenny Wilkens. And yeah, I know Lenny wasn't perfect but that's not the point of this. For as passive as he was he was an established coach who, for a short time, got results. They need to go out and spend the money to bring in an established guy who is going kick some butts when need be. I would love to see Colangelo hit a grand slam by landing a guy like JVG.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Peja had been playing on the sizzling Hornets prior to coming here and he's only played a total of 22 minute in Toronto. The only game he played considerable minutes they lost by 9.

Post Thanks / Like

We need an upgrade at every position. No one's an all-star. No one has taken this team by it's horns. That's why you take the best player, regardless of position.

Post Thanks / Like

I was lovin on Terrence Jones and then read on ESPN how he's selfish on O, lazy on D and is tuning out the coaches at UK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    As much as I like what Jay stands for I have to agree 100%. Jay is best suited as an assistant and he's in over his head. The Raptors haven't gone out and spent REAL money on a REAL coach since Lenny Wilkens. And yeah, I know Lenny wasn't perfect but that's not the point of this. For as passive as he was he was an established coach who, for a short time, got results. They need to go out and spend the money to bring in an established guy who is going kick some butts when need be. I would love to see Colangelo hit a grand slam by landing a guy like JVG.

only in our wildest dreams

Post Thanks / Like

I like Mike Brown. He's a good coach. There are a lot of good coaches out there. Brown, Lawrence Frank, Van Gundy. However, right now, we need a coach who's not only a good teacher, but one who's also patient and will help in gaining the maximum from our young talent. You need someone who can relate to our guys. If McMillan gets the boot in Portland, I'd look to bring him in. I think Terry Porter would be good too. Or even Alex English.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Brown is beyond good.

62% winrate with the spurs as assistant coach, then the FIRST YEAR with cavs, brings them to playoffs for the first time since drafting lebron (or even boozer), and has brought them to playoffs each consecutive year. Not many coaches can even begin to brag like that.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Triano has this ragtag ensemble of scrubs performing beyond expectations. Even Mike Brown wouldn't be able to do much more than Triano.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Thread Information