What to do with Kleiza?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with Kleiza?

We talk a lot about the trade chips that Toronto has to offer to other teams for young talent or draft picks. Peja, Barbosa, Reggie, and Calderon come to mind rather quickly in this type of discussion.

But based so far this season on how our rotation has rounded into form, is Klieiza also a potential chip to be put into play once December 15th comes around? He has not been producing well for us and has been relegated to coming off the bench due to the emergence of Weems. Not only that, but he is an 8-9 man off the bench, steadily moving down the depth chart.

I am not here to propose a specific trade...but would trading Klieiza currently make sense?
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

I honestly think that the raptors need to develop the current lineup that they have right now, because their has been a lot of improvement, we need to see how far we can go with the guys that we have. Sonny Weems might get injured their is nothing wrong with a little bit of depth (kleiza). The only thing I wanted was the raptors to get a true center but with the emergence of Ed Davis the raptors might be better off, playing Bargnani as the center. I think we need to just keep kleiza, see how things play out. Im sick and tired of constantly "re-tooling" this team, lets give the players and coaches a chance to play.
    "Defense wins championships."

Comment

As long as Kleiza is a professional and consumate teammate, I'd keep him. He is a good player on a very respectable contract. There is nothing wrong with a 8-10th man on the team making $4-5M per season who can step in to the starting lineup when injury or mismatch call.

Comment

Why should we trade Kleiza, a decent young and mature player we just signed on the long-term. He is a player than can rebound, score and take a back seat when needed. He won't demand the ball, but he will also demand the ball. He is good off the ball, and is a good teammate. Won't cause problems, and has a very decent contract. Has so many offensive skills and moves. He can score from the post, elbow, the three. He might not have the greatest of games, but he doesn't hurt us. And he will have some great games, and I mean great. And for a player with his experience, he is only 25. He has been a pro for nearly 10 years counting Europe. And has lead Lithuania for 4 or 5 years, and Lithuania are a very successful national team. I'd rather not trade any player unless they are a hindrance or the trade offer is really really great.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
          Why should we trade Kleiza, a decent young and mature player we just signed on the long-term. He is a player than can rebound, score and take a back seat when needed. He won't demand the ball, but he will also demand the ball. He is good off the ball, and is a good teammate. Won't cause problems, and has a very decent contract. Has so many offensive skills and moves. He can score from the post, elbow, the three. He might not have the greatest of games, but he doesn't hurt us. And he will have some great games, and I mean great. And for a player with his experience, he is only 25. He has been a pro for nearly 10 years counting Europe. And has lead Lithuania for 4 or 5 years, and Lithuania are a very successful national team. I'd rather not trade any player unless they are a hindrance or the trade offer is really really great.
          + 1. This merry go round rotation and staff is going to hinder the development of players. The only move left is really what to do with Peja. The rest needs to stay put. I'm afraid that Weems is going to get an identical contract as Amir. BC can play hard ball as the team have a glut with wings. Also, trade Barbosa? That's lunacy. His shooting percentage is horrible but off the dribble, he's fast as hell. This from a player with one bad wrist and shoulder. Can you imagine if he's healthy?
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

When Barbosa is healthy he gets you 20 points off the bench each night, ask the Suns.

Comment

I would keep Kleiza, and use him as a bench player. There was huge hopes for him coming into the season as possibly being the "Go to guy". But in my opinion he has become more and more of a role player in the Raptors lineup. Still a good player though

Comment

Working...
              X