Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Raptors Lost To A Very Good Team Today - Knicks Now Have Won 7 In A Row On The Road

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

also STAT for MVP is hilarious

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote chris wrote: View Post
    i would stop well short of calling the knicks a very good team. i wouldn't even call them good, actually. 'relatively good in a terrible conference', maybe, or 'totally mediocre' i might go with. i think they're about as good as the hawks or the bucks (if they get their act together - though skiles' teams have a history of tuning him out). if you think those teams are good then i guess they're pretty good. i don't think they'd even make the playoffs in the west though. 5th seed ceiling in the east, behind orlando, boston, chicago, and miami. probably 6th behind atlanta.

i mean look at the motley crew of bawful teams they beat in the streak you're referring to:
    sacramento
    golden state
    the other LA team
    bobcraps
    pissed-ons
    hornets
    and us

new orleans aside, that there is a list of the absolute dregs of the league. next up they got the timberpups, us, and the wizz, so we'll probably have to endure a whole week of the US national media fellating the knicks.

fear not though they'll come crashing back down to earth with a brutal schedule after that and everyone will wonder 'what's wrong with the knicks' and we can all laff and laff
    STAT for MVP is definitely a stretch - but his playing better than anyone we have.

As for the teams they have beat, before you call the Knicks crap you should remember the Kings, GSW, and Bobcats have all beat the Raptors.

Not trying to be a d!ck but pointing out the Raps have lost to teams they Knicks beat and the Knicks have now beat us twice - at home.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was impressed with them. They're looking way better than when the Raps lost to em last time.

And just wait till Eddy Curry comes back. He will eat up the competition.
    Last edited by Employee; Mon Dec 6th, 2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: im an idiot
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    STAT for MVP is definitely a stretch - but his playing better than anyone we have.
    he absolutely is, but we don't have any MVP candidates either. credit where its due, he's been absolutely beasting. but lets take a moment to remember this is the same player who can be as allergic to defense and (defensive) rebounding as andrea, entered the game against us a net -10 despite the fact that his team was above .500 and on an absolute tear, and thus far this season there have been 3 players to have spectacular, absurdly retarded career nights while being gurded by him (love's 30-30, blake's 44-15-7, and amir's). how many more of those will he give up?

As for the teams they have beat, before you call the Knicks crap
    i never called them crap, i called them 'totally mediocre' or 'good in a bad conference'. i think they'll make the 6th seed in the east, and do no worse than 7th. in my mind that doesn't make them 'very good' though... as i pointed out i don't think they'd make the playoffs in the west, i thikn they'd be battling memphis for the 9th spot behind the suns, and if portland or houston were healthy i think they'd be worse then them, too.

you should remember the Kings, GSW, and Bobcats have all beat the Raptors.
    Not trying to be a d!ck but pointing out the Raps have lost to teams they Knicks beat and the Knicks have now beat us twice - at home.
    i'm not really sure how you got the impression that i think were anything but a shitty team at the moment either. i love our team and the effort they've shown (at times) this season, but let's face it, we've been playing over our heads and getting by on sheer youthful exuberance and not-knowing-any-better, and have surprised some teams because of it. so kudos to the coaching staff for recognizing our strength is athleticism and trying to fast break teams to death, and kudos to the players for bringing it. but we're still bottom five in the league talent-wise. i don't think there's any question about it.

and i don't think you're a dick for pointing that out, and trust you don't think i'm a dick for rebutting.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote chris wrote: View Post
    he absolutely is, but we don't have any MVP candidates either. credit where its due, he's been absolutely beasting. but lets take a moment to remember this is the same player who can be as allergic to defense and (defensive) rebounding as andrea, entered the game against us a net -10 despite the fact that his team was above .500 and on an absolute tear, and thus far this season there have been 3 players to have spectacular, absurdly retarded career nights while being gurded by him (love's 30-30, blake's 44-15-7, and amir's). how many more of those will he give up?

i never called them crap, i called them 'totally mediocre' or 'good in a bad conference'. i think they'll make the 6th seed in the east, and do no worse than 7th. in my mind that doesn't make them 'very good' though... as i pointed out i don't think they'd make the playoffs in the west, i thikn they'd be battling memphis for the 9th spot behind the suns, and if portland or houston were healthy i think they'd be worse then them, too.

i'm not really sure how you got the impression that i think were anything but a shitty team at the moment either. i love our team and the effort they've shown (at times) this season, but let's face it, we've been playing over our heads and getting by on sheer youthful exuberance and not-knowing-any-better, and have surprised some teams because of it. so kudos to the coaching staff for recognizing our strength is athleticism and trying to fast break teams to death, and kudos to the players for bringing it. but we're still bottom five in the league talent-wise. i don't think there's any question about it.

and i don't think you're a dick for pointing that out, and trust you don't think i'm a dick for rebutting.
    I agree with all the above. Must have misinterpreted and sorry for putting words in your mouth.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Knicks win again, move to 16 - 9 with four point win over the Nuggets

Stoudemire has scored at least 30 points in eight straight games, a franchise record.

Game log on link does not include today's 30 point game for Amar'e

He has averaged 34 PPG over the eight games.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information